A New Member Joins The Party?

D&C: Dungeons and Concerts?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shining through the window once again woke me up but this time I felt fresher then ever.

 

I actually felt like not going to sleep again. That's a first for me.

 

Usually I'm the one that had the most trouble waking up. I wonder what's the reason..

 

Tried remembering last night, but all that comes up was me and Sana just playing with each other all night. Somehow we managed to pull our beds together to make a single double bed but Sana was nowhere to be found on her side.

 

" Did she wake up already? " I mumbled.

 

Usually that's the case but I looked at the systems clock and it was only 7 in the morning and for the whole time that I knew her, she usually wake up around 8-9. Plus our toiletiries hasn't moved from where I left it yesterday so where the heck is she?

 

I tried stretching my legs under the covers but it felt heavy. Like a giant boulder kind of heavy. It's not just that.

 

It felt like the whole lower part of my body was locked in place. Numbness had already spread throughout my legs so at that point the worse case scenario was that Sana had got eaten by a giant python that magically flew through our window and is now treating my two noodle legs like it's nest.

 

What. Anything can happen here.

 

The feeling of danger jolted my memory of yesterdays event.

 

Maybe if I could channel my energy, I could sense it's presence and kill it in one fellow swoop..

 

It's now or never.

 

I concentrated on the energy that was flowing around my body. I did it in the forest so I just have to do it again.

 

Channeling the energy within, I redirected all of it mostly to my legs and I could feel another presence of energy trying to counteract it. I didn't sense any bloodlust yet so I assume it's still sleeping.

 

Surronding the presence in energy, I could sense the shape of the creature and... wait.

 

Is it a wierdly shaped snack, or is my eyes tricking me?

 

It looks like a human, and judging from the energy within its body, I could assure that its a human.

 

Or... is it a shapeshifting snake that wants to eat me from inside out so it disguised as a human to lure me in...

 

Okay, at this point i'm just making things up. But who knows?

 

Only one way to found out.

 

I prepared for the worst as I slowly lifted up the covers seeing the human figure curling up to my feet, the cause of the numbess of my legs. 

 

My anxiety was bubbling at that point so I had no other choice but to prepare a skill to blow it in one shot when I heard it,

 

" What's all that noise~ "

 

Her voice scared my anxiety away and a sense of calmness washed over me but where did her voice come fro-

 

That's when it hit me.

 

All this time it was actually..

 

Sana, sana was the mysterious snake all this time.

 

I fell back on my pillow with a sigh of relief. Thank god I hesitated or else something worse then ragnarok would've fallen onto this world. Even I'm scared of that.

 

" I'm such an idiot " I mutter to myself.

 

This world, it's influenced has already taken over me, making me anxious at every turn. If this goes on I won't be able to turn back to the former Tofu.

 

If Sana wasn't transported with me on day one, who knows what I've become at this point.

 

What I know is, I must use this strength to protect the one I love and not for violence. Only to protect my Sana-chan.

 

I got up back in a sitting position to see the half covered Sana stll fast asleep and curling up on my legs. 

 

The sight of her made me giggle.

 

" What would I do without you " A pat on the head was what I gave which led to my hand slowly ruffling her already ruined bed head when her eyes fluttered open.

 

" Huh, is it already morning? "

 

She sat up in a w-position and rubbed her eyes for a bit, adjusting to the newly rays of light.

 

I waited for the moment she realised what she had done last night. You're not going anywhere without atleast letting me tease you sanake.

 

Sana-chan zoned out a while before her soul came back to her and finally understanding the situation.

 

" Well, I guess I'll take a bath first. "

 

What.

 

She jumped off the bed and used her magic to pick up both the toiletries and our towels.

 

My mouth stayed silence, shocked from her behaviour. Is this really the Sana I know.

 

Like she would usually blush and started pouting like while blaming me for being unfair or something but not a tint of red appeared on her cheeks. What is going on...

 

Is this  the world affecting her mind? No, it can't be..

 

I rushed towards Sana to was preparing to leave the room to bath.

 

" Sana-chan wai- "

 

What I didn't expect was playing right into her hands.

 

She turned around a force pushed me towards her. I expected our bodies crash but instead our lips did the job instead.

 

The thing was, Sana was the one initating it. She took me off guard for this one moment and I have to admit, I was played like a fool.

 

Well it's the one thing I really wanted so it's a win win.

 

I humbly accepted her kiss but what Sana had not prepared for was that in this world, always expect the unexpected.

 

She had done this trick in the past so let me show her one of mine.

 

I slammed the wall behind her and pulled away the kiss in a way that she would be leaning againts it.

 

All according to my calculations.

 

I had never taken the dom postition before so this all feels new to her but I've prepared for this moment all  my life.

 

With my free hand, I lifted her chin so our eyes would be staring to each others. Her reaction seems to indicate that I really got her out of the blue.

 

" You sneaky snake " I said in a low tone voice.

 

Those words alone sent a shiver down my spine so It must have had a way more intense effect on her. Her eyes told everything I needed to know.

 

My head went towards her, coming ever so closer until there it was only inches apart from her head. Then, my lips went closer to hers, closer and closer and closer. Sana had closed her eyes bracing for the impact but what she doesn't know was there was no impact.

 

I lifted my head and instead pecked her forehead and finally booping her nose with my hand that was lifting her chin up.

 

" Boop, that's what you get for teasing me. " I said as I giggled looking at her turning into a tomato.

 

" Waaaaah, You're so mean Dahyun-nieeee!~ " The same as usual pout from her was enough to satisfy my needs.

 

" Hehe, just having fun " 

 

She turned towards the door and exited furiously while slamming the door behind.

 

I guess she got really mad, hehe. Serves you right for teasing the one and only Kim Da-Hyun. Now what do I do until she comes back...

 

My eyes scanned the room before it falls on a certain something that I received yesterday from the guilt. The letter jolted my memory of its contents and made the question appear again in my head; who sent it?

 

We haven't been aquainted enough to make friends, let alone receive letters so the presence of it alone puzzles me to quite an extent. I thought of going to the library that I saw while we headed home yesterday but I guess I'll have to deal with this first...

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

The journey to the woods was unexpectedly fast with Sana using her wind magic but still she looked like she was mad at me throughout the journey. We both landed at a big field since we don't really know where to go from here.

 

I looked around but still no clue of this mysterious stalker anywhere nor any animals in the vicinity. Its hard to sense anyone in this dense forest even with Sana's search magic that can pinpoint roughly where a living soul is because technically even bugs can appear on her radar and she's not used to the dense mana so we have to resort to the old fashion ways.

 

And no, I am not gonna destroy a innocent forest. Not intentionally.

 

" Hey Sana-chan are you still mad at me? " I asked her ignorantly.

 

" Hmph, I'm not mad " She puffed her cheeks in retort.

 

You can't fool me squirrel.

 

" Awww you're so cutee "  As I pinch her soft cheeks.

 

" Yaaah that hurts! " Sana pushes away my hands.

 

In return I cup her cheeks again softly this time while staring back right into her eyes.

 

" I'm sorry for teasing you this morning, can you forgive me Sana-chan?~ "

 

The heat rising up to her cheeks again causing the usual tint of red told me vaguely that my apology was accepted..

 

" That's not fair Dubu-yah.. "

 

... or did it?

 

" What's not fair? "

 

" ... You left me all alone after teasing me.. it's not fair "

 

Ah I see what she wants.

 

Her puppy eyes lowering my guard plus the usual cheek puff was all that was needed to lure me into temptation.

 

I leaned closer while still staring directly into her soul but in actuality, I was stuck in her eyes. It seemed like I couldn't break the stare even with sheer willpower and I knew it wasn't magic so what was this.

 

That's when a notification popped up.

 

We both recoilled from the sudden pop ups and luckily regained our sanity. It seemed to take to toll on our body because we were both out of breath after experiencing that.

 

" Did you feel that? " I asked Sana in between my breaths

 

" Y-yeah, what was that "

 

I caught my breath while Sana was still resting under the shade. She can't really handle any physical burdens on herself but me on the other hand, I'm quite resistant to those.

 

The pop up was still there but it was minimised so I opened it and read the contents.

 

It said that a presence has entered my pvp zone which puzzled me because I never had set up a pvp zone before, I don't even know what the heck that is. More, I don't feel any presence at all in my vicinity let alone any blood lust..

 

As if the gods heard me, I could feel for a split second a large amount of energy headed towards me.

 

I had no time to react, but my body did.

 

My body moved on it own will, chanelling some sort in what felt like a split of a second but the difference was, It felt like I had gone beyond the capabilities of a normal human.

 

I was well aware during the channeling and I was sure that I was moving normally but what shocked me was when I observed my surroudings, everything was slo- no no, everything had froze in place!

 

That was when I realised my body hold more secrets then I coud fathom.

 

No time to think, I have to deal with this threat first.

 

I had no how to realistically block this but somehow I already knew what to do. My movements were flowing like a river and I could sense that like my last attack at the mountains, I'm gathering all my energy at one point so counterblast this threat but this time it was a little different. It was as if I was using thw surrounding energy to inflict gain more energy and swirling it go gain momentum. 

 

With one shot, I was gonna repay the sender.

 

Time seemed to flow a little bit and the ever so deadly shot was meters away from me. It could blow me to shreds in one second if I'm not careful with the preperations which was almost ready. A bit more power, just a little bit more.

 

The energy flowing in my palms were just a bit lacking when I sensed an unknown form of energy flowing into me. It was trully an immense amount of power that I barely managed to control with sheer luck.

 

Sensing the source of the power, I looked over to see that It was coming from Sana. Literally, the energy was flowing from Sana's body and when I looked at it closer, it looks like it wasn't energy at all but I was controlling mana.

 

That explains the sheer amount she had. 

 

Thanks for always having my back Jagiya.

 

Now time for me to protect hers.

 

" 9 Calamities : First State.. "

 

The words came as if acting like a trigger.

 

" .. Elemental Brigade "

 

The swirling energy on my palms were real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter