I guess we have to fight?

D&C: Dungeons and Concerts?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The way down wasn't as long as the way up but maybe the hungriness clouded our minds.

 

We got down sooner then we thought. Our bellies were practically aching for food and if food doesn't come in contact with our mouth in a few minutes, I might consider human meat.

 

The moment our feet touched the ground, our noses got a whiff of the aroma coming from the dining hall and was immediately turned into hungry zombies. 

 

We sprint walked all the way to a vacant table and ordered some food that sounded delicious.

 

Like if you heard, " lightly marinated steak " when your this hungry, you would do the same thing.

 

For drinks, some plain water could clench our thirst. I wasn't really looking to get alcohol since we don't want to get wasted in the morning.

 

I know I've already reached the legal age to drink in South Korea but who knows, maybe I'm underaged in this world. Most likely not but what are the odds.

 

The food came quicker then we expected when all of a sudden plates came flying out of the kitchen door and to our table with a delicate crash.

 

At this point nothing surprises us anymore so we digged in without hesitation.

 

The moment my fork easily cut the steak without any hard work at all, that's when I already knew it was gonna be delish.

 

And my expectations were blown to smithereens.

 

The meat practically melted in my mouth, sauce coating every inch inside. It was like an explosion of flavours all at once ; A foodgasm literally.

 

A glance at Sana let me to believe she's also enjoying this amazing dish.

 

You wouldn't expect this sort of flavour from a glance at the inn. Really really glad I chose this now.

 

In a blink almost all of our food were gone. Even I was surprised we chugged it down that fast. The plain water they gave us looked a bit different from your normal Arisu water. It almost eminated an aura around it, giving us a sort of comfort and relief.

 

A chill ran down my spine. I turned around only to see a shadowy figure disappearing from the window in a blink of an eye.

 

" Huh wierd.. "

 

" Whatsh wierd? " Sana asked as she chewed on the remains.

 

" Swallow first dummy. Don't want you to choke already " I said as I continued sipping on the water.

 

Sana swallowed and then said,

 

" I think you wouldn't mind giving me CPR " A little wink followed her comment.

 

Not gonna lie I didn't expect that.

 

I tried to hold my laughter plus the water in my mouth before I embarassed myself for the 10th time already.

 

She just giggled in her seat while I struggled to breath.

 

" ugh- ugh- Sana-chan that wasn't fair " I almost became the first person to reincarnate into a world and choke on a glass of water. I already had my fair share of embarasment already.

 

We went on to finish our meal and went to pay at the counter when Veny stopped us.

 

" Ah no need to pay, its on the house "

 

I blinked a few times in disbelief.

 

" Okay is this a TV gameshow or the hospitality in this world is way way too kind. "

 

She laughed hearing my statement.

 

" Ahaha no no, it's just a tradition in this kingdom to greet newcomers with all the warmth we can "

 

So where do I sign up for citizenship.

 

" Wow, I mean you're really kind. I don't know how to repay you "

 

"Hahah no need, just keep being a patron at this inn and consider it repayed "

 

We exchanged smiles and soon, me and Sana were on our way to.. nowhere.

 

We don't really know how this world works yet so I think the first thing we would figure out is how to earn money if we don't want to live on the streets next week.

 

Veny mentioned something along the lines of an " Adventurer " as one of the most common job there is along the lines of merchents.

 

I read some novels about adventurers completing requests for money but I didn't think we got transported to one of those worlds.

 

Well we just have to wait to find out.

 

The walk to the " guild " didn't took that long and when we arrived, we knew it was it when our eyes saw a huge building with a sign that said, " Sylphy Guild "

 

Oh forgot to mention that the writing in this world were way way different from the usual characters. The writing looks enchanted as if it had a secret meaning to all of it but I think it's just something that was passed down from their ancestors.

 

The moments we got transportd here, our brains were magically able to understand these characters but writing them is a whole nother challenge that maybe in the near futur, we're forced to go to back to the basics.

 

Anyways, when we entered, th ebuilding was full of people from all kinds of races. We saw a few werewolfs, a big guy that looked like a minotaur even a tiny little dwarfs wielding an axe that was way out of proportion.

 

My years of being a closeted geek is finally paying off, though Sana seems to handle all of this pretty well.

 

Rather, her eyes seems to be exploding with curiosity as her eyes laid on each creature.

 

She tugged at the cloth I had on.

 

" Dahyun-nie Dahyun-nie look at all these people! "

 

Her squelling would've alerted everyone there but since it was so noisy there was no problem what so ever.

 

Just looking at her, she looks like a kid that was brought to the toys isle to shop for christmas gifts; the fidgeting, the uncontrolable excitement, everything you would see in a normal kid.

 

I just smilled softly as we got deeper and deeper into the guild when finalyl meeting with a desk that seemed like it was the main one.

 

The seat was empty behind the counter and there was a bell there with a floating hologram sign that said " Ring for help ".

 

So I used all of my two brain cells to finally put two and two together and ultimately..

 

pressed the button.

 

A seemingly young lady popped out of thin air. I said seemingly because her figure looks like it belongs to the elf race and from extensive geek researching, I came to doubt the appearance is what represents the age.

 

" Hello there! How may I help you two? " She said in a sweet voice.

 

" Yeah, um- we're both kind of new here and we wanted to know where can we sign up to be adventurers? "

 

" Ouhh you two were the rumoured newcomers! "

 

" The rumoured- what? "

 

" Hahaha don't mind it too much, we're always ready to receive new people so the information comes very quickly " Creepy.. but I'll let it slide.

 

" O-oh I see, so is this the place to register? "

 

" Yup! All you have to do is use this scroll so that we can identify your identities and then we can move forwards to the physical examination "

 

" Physical examination? Like to check our weight and all? Is it really neccesary? " 

 

For a moment, all of my geeky knowledge went out the window when I heard the words " physical examination ". Really don't want my expectations to be crushed in front of people I barely know.

 

" No silly, we're going to test your fighting capabilities "

 

" Ouh y-yea, I forgot about that " Nice save there, sherlock.

 

" Then if everything's clear, here are your identification scrolls "

 

With a twirl of her hand, both of the scrolls appeared infront of us.

 

Sana seems like she already got used to this world as she just took the scroll without hesitation; of course it's not complete with her enthusiasm but that's normal.

 

I grabbed my scroll and analyzed it a bit. It seemed like just a normal old scroll you would find in a library's archive. She said something along the lines of " using " this scroll but how do you " use " this thing?

 

Right as I thought about it, the scroll started vanishing into a bright light and letters started flowing out and onto a card that was placed by the receptionist without us noticing.

 

Both scrolls, Sana and mine, were shining brightly that it attracted some stares from a few patrons. Even the receptionist was staring a bit.

 

Then the lgiht slowly diminished and the cards infront of us had turned into a sort of golden plaque with letters engraved into it.

 

" Wow! Who would've thought I would witness this happening again! " 

 

Again? Did something like this happened too?

 

Her face turned into more of a shock then surprised as she took our cards.

 

" Wait... Is this actually real? "  She blinked a few times before calling another one of the workers to inspect our cards.

 

At that moment, I was basically sweating bullets. The first thing that we don't want to get envolved  in another worlds is with the government and it felt like we were on death's door. For me it was.

 

Sana was just her usual hyper self, not much changed except she seemed to be radiating excitement now.

 

" Sorry for the delay, but can you both kindly coome to the Guilds Headmaster's room "

 

Oh no what did we do.

 

" Ugh did we do anything wrong by any chance? "

 

" Oh no no, you di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter