day 14 - "royalty au"

#EXOMonth Fest - part 1

minseok-centric
pg-13
royalty au; in which minseok gets added to the harem

title: the favorite

Happy Liberation Day!
This was going to be NC-17 but I couldn't finish in time.  The naughty version will be posted at a later date.


 

His imperial majesty, known for his just rulings and peaceful reign, is rumored to collect only the most beautiful and the most skilled for his famous harem of noblemen.  Even amongst the handpicked group of men, a subtle tension exists for the Majesty's favor.  So when the new addition comes in, swathed in a pale blue sheer silk robe, the others are wary of the shorter man with cat-like eyes.

"Chanyeol-ah, please Minseok to his new chambers.  He's completed his lessons on palace etiquette so there shouldn't be any problems."  The head eunuch gives Minseok a gentle push towards the tall man in the dark indigo robe.

The new addition hangs his head in a low bow and only looks at his feet as the eunuch leaves them.  The East Palace, specifically reserved for the King's harem is silent as the servants bring in the new boy's things.  There isn't much to bring in and as the servants file out, Baekhyun bumps his arm into the new boy's side.

"So your name is Minseok of the Kim family?" he asks, smile on his face.  The question is rhetorical for there isn't a man there that doesn't know Minseok's information.

Minseok nods and looks up curiously at the smiling nobleman in front of him.  Byun Baekhyun is quite famous, even amongst the commoners, so Minseok has heard a lot about him.  There are likenesses of the man that are spread between girls - rich or poor.  Minseok thinks that the painted likeness does no justice to Baekhyun's real life form. 

Then, Minseok's eyes focus on the three other men behind Baekhyun.  As rumored, the men of the King's harem are all incredibly gorgeous and stunning.  Minseok wonders how and why he was chosen.  He hangs his head, embarrassed at the thought of belonging to the same group as these men; after all, Minseok isn't of noble birth.  He gathers the rustling fabric tighter around his body.  It hadn't been his idea to wear such an embarrassing outfit, but his aunt had been insistent that this would please the King.  But the bashful motion, instead of hiding Minseok's body, just brings attention to the milky pale skin shining through the mesh-work.

A tall intimidating man in a cornflower robe stomps over to where Minseok stands.  His eyebrows are handsomely set on his perfectly shaped forehead.  And Minseok notes that his jet black hair is softly combed so that his hair shines in the sunlight.

"I'm Oh Sehun" the man says, bending down slightly to peer into Minseok's face.  "I'm the youngest here.  How old are you?"

"I'm-  I'm twenty three this year" Minseok answers, clenching his teeth and his fists.  His age is another embarrassing trait.  He's much too old to be making his palace debut.

But at Minseok's answer, the stern look on Sehun's face transforms.  His eyes melt from a hard stare into half moons, changing his aura completely.

"Oh wonderful!  Another hyung-nim" Sehun says, chuckling lowly.  He slides an arm under Minseok's, watching as the intimate gesture dusts Minseok's cheeks with the hue of a young rose bud.  "I like older men.  We'll get along just great."

A man with pouty lips and alluringly hooded eyes quietly comes behind Minseok, making him jump a little.  "I'm a few months older than Sehun-ee.  My name is Jongin, but the King sometimes calls me Kai."  Despite his confident tone of voice, the golden haired man looks timid, picking at the ends of his lilac robe.

"Jongin's a palace dancer" Sehun explains.  "He's a favorite of the whole royal family."

A warm hand envelops Minseok's causing Minseok to look up sharply.  It's Chanyeol, the man much taller than Minseok.  

"This way" he says, actions gentler than his words.  "Your room.  I'll show you where it is."

Though Minseok's tired, he's grateful for the others in his new room keeping him company.  Minseok's not used to the palace, having come from a rather normal household in the Joseon kingdom.  

What is different about the men here, Minseok notices, is that they are very free with their intimacy.  Minseok has grown up as a modest sort of citizen.  However, despite the fact that they've all just met Minseok today, the men of the King's harem are very forward.

Examining the contents of Minseok's armoire, Baekhyun goes through all of Minseok's clothes.  Though there's not much to begin with, Baekhyun comments on each robe and each sash, remarking on the style and embroidery.  Sehun jumps onto Minseok's new bedding, rubbing his face into the soft cotton and declaring to Minseok that he'll be sleeping with Minseok tonight.

"I can't sleep alone, Hyung-nim" Sehun says matter-of-factly.  "I always have to sleep with someone."

Jongin immediately takes off his outer robe upon entering Minseok's chambers.  

"I don't usually wear many articles of clothing while inside the Eastern Palace.  I only donned these robes for your first day, Minseok hyung-nim."

Meanwhile, Chanyeol's hand has not separated from Minseok's.  With his large, doe-like eyes, Chanyeol stares at Minseok unabashedly.

"Have you had the other lessons?" Chanyeol asks, lips pressed unnecessarily close to Minseok's earlobe.

"Other lessons?" Minseok returns, leaning back just slightly.

Baekhyun's eyes brighten as he nears the bedding where they've all settled into.  "Oh yes.  As apart of the King's harem, we go through additional training."

"Oh, I'm sorry.  I haven't yet-"

"It's alright" Sehun purrs like a house cat.  "We can teach you the fundamental tenets."

Jongin stretches lazily across Minseok's lap, grinning.  He takes off his cream colored under tunic and sits up, bare chested.  Minseok feels his ears turn pink, but he keeps a straight face.

"It's the most important part of the training" Baekhyun tells Minseok, eyes suddenly serious.  Baekhyun grips Minseok's shoulders and leans in.  "You must learn how to please the King in bed."