And they all lived kind of sort of maybe mostly happily ever after...

Say Goodnight To My HOPE World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Okay this is the longest chapter yet...hahaha...BUT IT'S THE LAST ONE UHUHUHU PLEASE ENJOY EVEN IF IT'S KINDA BORING OKIE*

 

 

"Alright enough slacking. Back to work." -Jeon Jungkook

 

 

"An hour is nothing compared to the amount of time you waited for me." -Park Jimin

 

 

"How about we take things slow?" -Kim Namjoon

 

 

 

"Why do you want to work at Tae's Tea?" -Kim Taehyung

 

 

"Do you want to get married too?" -Jung Hoseok

 

 

 

Chapter 18: And they all lived kind of sort of maybe mostly happily ever after...

 

“I’m so sorry it took so long for us to meet like this,” Namjoon bowed as he put out his hand.

 

“No, no! I’m just honored that you would treat me,” Jimin glanced at Hamin next to him as he grabbed the hand in front of him, “I mean, us, out to dinner. You really didn’t have to.”

 

“What are you talking about? I said I would, and I really appreciate Ms. Park for everything she’s done for Hoseok, because it helped our whole company as a result. This is the least I can do to express that gratitude,” Namjoon boasted his dimples as he gestured for the Parks to get seated.

 

“Well then, thank you,” Jimin nodded as he returned the smile, sitting down. Hamin sat next to him and Namjoon took the chair across.

 

 

The three of them were sitting in a private room—the co-CEO of Hope’s World reserved himself—in a well-known Hanjeongsik (Korean table d'hôte) restaurant. From the subtle lighting to the delicate and sophisticated architectural features, the restaurant Namjoon picked seemed to match the immense amount he was willing to pour into a single meal. In other words, the restaurant itself looked like each meal it served would cost more than the average weekly pay of a typical, broke college student. And that was probably why Hamin was bouncing off her chair with excitement, knowing she’d be tasting high quality food she would never have the guts or mentality to buy with her own money.

 

Not that the pay she was getting for reading to Hoseok each night was by any means insufficient.

 

 

“So how have you been Mr. Park?” Namjoon started a conversation as soon as the orders were put into place. The Parks had just nodded when he told the lady serving them that they’ll be having “Course A.” And whatever Kim Namjoon did was trustworthy; so both Jimin and Hamin was certain “Course A” meant something extravagantly yummy. 

 

 

“Me?” Jimin quickly put down the cup of tea he was about to sip. “I’ve been well. Just working.”

 

“Ah I see. I saw that Serendipity & Co. had released a new game this past month. My employees told me it’s quite the entertainment,” Namjoon grinned.

 

“We still have a lot to learn,” Jimin shook his head shyly. “Especially from companies like you. Have I mentioned I’m a huge fan of you?”

 

“Oh please. I appreciate the flatter, but I think each company has its own unique qualities that make them so appealing. I know that sounds all cliché and fakely modest, but please believe me when I say I honestly I have much respect for your company and would never see ours as any better,” Namjoon replied.

 

 

Jimin didn’t know how to respond to that. It would just be simple to say that his respect and admiration for the man sitting in front of him spiked up and he was all the more honored he was having dinner with such a fine being.

 

Hamin nodded silently at the conversation taking place. She already knew Namjoon was humble and charming, so whatever awe-inspiring words that came out of his mouth was no surprise to her. She was, on the other hand, extremely grateful for this dinner appointment because it saved her big time from Park Jimin’s wrath the morning she crawled back home after spending the night at Hoseok’s:

 

 

 

“Park Hamin. Sit down,” Jimin was stirring his coffee, his eyes narrowed and voice deep. He was watching Hamin try to tip toe into her room but of course wouldn’t let go of the matter that she had stepped into their home at nine in the morning.

 

“Oh, I thought you would be at work by now,” Hamin sheepishly grinned as she made a U-turn and quickly came over to the dining table Jimin was at.

 

“Where were you?” Jimin asked, getting to the point.

 

“Oh yeah, I heard you and Cindy are officially dating now! Congrats!” Hamin tried to change the subject...or at least lighten Jimin’s mood before she was about to get lectured to. But she kind of failed.

 

“Answer my question,” Jimin looked straight into her face, his own face cross and not changing one bit.

 

“...at Hoseok oppa’s,” Hamin answered quietly.

 

“At where..?” Jimin raised his eyebrows, unsure if he heard correctly. 

 

 

“I was with Hoseok oppa!” Hamin spoke up, realizing she might as well just tell her brother since she was busted any way.

 

 

“Okay hold up. Since when did Jung Sajang-nim become...an oppa?” Jimin set his cup down.

 

“Since last night,” Hamin felt her cheeks grow warm.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re…” 

 

“Dating him?” Hamin finished for her brother, who couldn’t seem to continue. He nodded.

 

“I am…” Hamin gave him an awkward smile. Jimin froze, eyes locked with his sisters’. Hamin gulped, knowing he was going to erupt any minute now.

 

 

“You’re dating the Jung Hoseok of Hope’s World and you spent the night at his house? Are you insane?” Jimin roared, standing up.

 

 

“Okay, this isn’t even the first time I spent the night at his place so why is it such a big deal?” Hamin stood up as well.

 

 

Jimin remembered exactly when she was referring to, given that the first time Hamin didn’t come home in time without notice was the same night Taehyung had flooded his phone with texts and calls about Hamin’s whereabouts. But he had no idea she had spent that same night with Jung Hoseok. He somehow thought she went to Cindy’s to spend the night, or eventually came home at dawn after a long night of “working” for that Mr. Jung Hoseok.

 

“...this isn’t your first time?” Jimin repeated, his tone chilling.

 

Shoot. Why did I dig my own grave, Hamin groaned internally.

 

 

“Park Hamin don’t you dare tell me you—” Jimin started to raise his voice again.

 

 

“It’s not what you think! I literally just slept—meaning closed my eyes and went to dreamland—on the same bed. Nothing more,” Hamin held up her palms. 

 

“...” Jimin remained silent for a moment before sitting back down.

 

“You’re an adult now, so I have no right to tell you what to do or who to be with. But you gotta be careful Min-ah. You gotta protect yourself and never trust a guy too much. And I don’t care if he’s someone like Jung Sajang-nim—in fact, I’m worried because you’re dating someone like him in the first place. As your brother, I have a right to tell you that at least,” Jimin looked at her. Hamin smiled, sitting back down as well.

 

“I know. Thank you for always caring for me and looking after me. You know you’re the best brother anyone can ask for,” she reached over to give Jimin’s hand a squeeze. Jimin just nodded in response.

 

“And to be the best sister anyone can ask for, I just remembered Mr. Kim asked me when you’re free because he wanted to buy dinner,” Hamin said a little more brightly. Jimin’s eyes sparkled at that.

 

“Seriously? Kim Sajang-snim? He did? No way; you really are the best,” Jimin grinned, his serious tone moments before now completely washed away. Hamin laughed at how quickly he changed.

 

“Let me know when works best oppa, and I’ll text him the date and time,” Hamin got up. “I’m gonna change real quick before heading to classes. Have a great day at work!”

 

 

“Okay you have a good one too,” Jimin responded, happy about the opportunity to have dinner with someone he looked up to exceedingly. But a part of him felt an ache, in addition to the concerns he had about his sister now being in a relationship with someone like Hoseok. He somehow saw everything coming, from his past observations of Hoseok’s a-little-too-obvious attitude towards Hamin, but that meant Taehyung probably saw it coming too.

 

“Is that why he gave up on her?” Jimin wondered out loud, feeling sorry for his best bud. And this morning Jimin had gotten a message from him saying he was returning to Geochang for who knew how long soon.

 

 

All Jimin could do in response to that was wish him all the best, sincerely hoping Taehyung would find happiness. 

 

 

 

And knowing Taehyung for countless years, Jimin knew he would find it sure enough.

 

 

 

But back to the dinner the Parks were having with Mr. Kim Namjoon, it wasn’t long before the mouth-watering food came through the doors, making everyone in the room applaud and excited to eat.

 

“Why didn’t Jung Sajang-nim join us tonight?” Jimin asked, all of a sudden curious why his potential future brother-in-law—or rather, the other role model of his wasn’t able to join them. For some reason, his view of Hoseok was different now that he knew his sister was dating him. It made him a little protective on Hamin’s side, even though he still tried to admire Hoseok just as much as Namjoon.

 

 

“He’s finally giving a presentation I bugged him about for the past week tonight. Let me just say he was so distracted with your sister, I almost thought he wouldn’t be prepared in time,” Namjoon chuckled. He picked up his chopsticks, ready to eat.

 

Hamin blushed at the comment, and Jimin just smiled weakly.

 

 “But I think he’s going to be just fine, knowing Hoseok is known for his professionalism. I trust that he’s doing well,” Namjoon said before taking a bite of one of the fabulously laid dishes in front of them.

 

“Shouldn’t you be at that meeting too though?” Hamin asked, curious. Didn’t co-CEOs usually stick together in important meetings where they have to present?

 

“Nah. We usually do have meetings where both of us need to be present, but this one is only with a few close investors and shareholders, so it’s fine for Hoseok to be the only one there representing the whole company by himself,” Namjoon explained. Hamin nodded to that, smiling at the thought of her man doing such important business(eu).

 

 

“The food’s delicious,” Jimin commented when a minute of silence filled the room. Namjoon nodded.

 

“Right? I’m glad you like it; this place is one of my favorites,” he said.

 

 

 

The three of them dove into casual conversations after that, laughing and smiling as the high quality food matched their high quality time. It was a pleasant combination of good food, good talks, and a good time.

 

Everything was good. Or great, actually.

 

 

“Thank you for the meal,” the Park siblings bowed to Namjoon on their way out. They didn’t have to see the check/bill to know their meal would have a jaw-dropping price.

 

“It was my pleasure. Thank you for your time,” Namjoon bowed as well. “We should do this again, but with Hoseok too.”

 

“That would be amazing,” Jimin’s eyes grew big as he nodded.

 

“Well then take care,” Namjoon smiled.

 

“Drive home safely,” Jimin bowed again as a final goodbye, taking Hamin along with him, who just waved.

 

“See you Mr. Kim!” she called out.

 

“Bye,” Namjoon returned her wave.

 

 

He made his way to his car when he heard his phone ding. He pulled it out, smiling at the message that had arrived.

 

 

Hey, are you done eating? I bet you have room for dessert though, and I also happen to know a great ice-cream place. You down?

-Seo-eul

 

 

“This girl,” Namjoon muttered, his smile not leaving his face. He quickly replied.

 

 

You bet.

 

 

Ding.

 

 

Awesome. Meet me in front of your company. Let’s go together.

-Seo-eul

 

 

Namjoon slid into his car and began to drive to his company, humming as he made his way to meet Seo-eul. 

 

He had to admit, he had not expected one bit that he’d be driving to go meet the girl (he thought he’d never see again) for ice cream.

 

But he liked it. 

 

 

When Hoseok gave him her number after mentioning she was back at the hospital the other day, he was hesitant to contact her. After all, things didn’t end all that well for the two of them.

 

Once upon a time, the two of them were so madly in love they agreed to marry and commit their lives to one another. But life threw too many obstacles in their way and with Namjoon’s high demanding career and reputation, Seo-eul found it hard to stay by his side. And her leaving him had torn him apart, as Hoseok could testify.

 

 

So what made her come back after three years of leaving Namjoon like that? Namjoon himself was sure he was completely over her, and readers of this story also probably never would have guessed Namjoon had a rather tragic love story underneath his silver hair and charming dimples that accompanied his collected self. But now that she was actually back...he wasn’t so sure anymore.

 

Why did this Seo-eul girl return when it he had just gotten back up on his feet after her abandonment?

 

 

One of the reasons Namjoon fell for Seo-eul was that she was a motivated, hard-working individual. Now of course, those are commonly great qualities, but Seo-eul was exceptionally hard-working. If there was something she wanted, she’d get it. If there was something that she wanted to see done, she’d work and achieve it. She never gave up, and she never stayed knocked down. She was always back on her feet, optimistic that no failure existed without a purpose for her to get better. And she was quite the cheerleader for others as well, urging and encouraging them in whatever way needed. Namjoon had loved having her by his side, and in turn watching and learning from her on her side. 

 

Knowing this, it shouldn’t have been a surprise when she returned with her own company. It was quite “Seo-eul-like” that she would turn the difficult times of being the fiance of such a prestigious man into fuel that made her want to be seen just as conscientious and successful. She was tired of people not seeing her as worthy to be standing next to someone like Namjoon when she and Namjoon both knew she was. Despite Namjoon constantly telling her not to listen to others who had no right to judge, Seo-eul felt the need to prove herself. She wanted to show people that they were very much wrong about her. 

 

And as someone who had studied fashion design for years, she had been wanting to launch her own fashion brand for a while too. So she used all the hate as an excuse to move to the States—leaving Namjoon for three years as a result—all to achieve her goal. As much as it pained both of them, she pushed through, wanting to solely focus on her own work until it came to the point where she successfully proved her abilities and power. 

 

Seo-eul was now the CEO of Soul’s Life, a fashion brand that made millions. She had accomplished everything she aimed for, and had everything she wanted...all except for the love of her life. And it hit her how important Kim Namjoon was to her.

 

 She missed his honeyed words, constant attention, and the halcyon times she shared with him. And now she wanted Namjoon back...as long as he would let her. She knew she was wrong for leaving him, and for choosing her career over him. She was completely aware that if Namjoon said one word (“No”), she’d have to face it. Namjoon giving her another chance was outside of her power and abilities, and Seo-eul knew she had no right to make him look at her again.

 

 

“Are you happy now Seo-eul-ah?” was the first thing Namjoon had said to her as soon as the two finally met, sitting across from each other. It had been such a long time since the two saw each other’s faces, but here they were...thanks to Hoseok. Namjoon found out about Seo-eul’s company from Hoseok too, and he saw how prosperous of a person Seo-eul had become at this point. But he didn’t care if she was now materialistically rich; he missed her lavish heart and beautiful character more than anything.

 

He hated how his heart that was so calm for the past few years raced so easily at the sight of Seo-eul’s face.

 

 

“...yes,” she replied cautiously.

 

“I’m glad,” he laughed softly, genuinely glad that she was happy. Seo-eul felt her own heart beat faster.

 

“Namjoon-ah…” she opened , in hopes to ask him for another chance. She took a deep breath.

 

“I’m so sorry for leaving you. And I know I can’t expect you to say “yes” to this, but I want to ask you to come back...and be by my side again.”

 

 

She waited for his response. She heard him sigh, making her look at him. 

 

 

“I don’t know Seo-eul-ah. It took me a lot of time and effort to heal from you. I can’t say I want to start things again with you all that easily,” he replied. Seo-eul’s fast beating heart dropped.

 

“...” she bit her lip to try to stop her tears from trailing down.

 

 

“...but how about we take things slow? Let’s start as friends Seo-eul-ah. And then, even though I can’t guarantee anything, if I become ready to let you into my life again, we can be more than friends. But that’s a huge “if.” You have to cut me some slack after all you’ve put me through,” Namjoon continued. Seo-eul felt a wave of relief at that.

 

 

“Of course. I’m so sorry Joon-ah. And thank you...for even giving me this chance to be a friend,” she smiled. Namjoon smiled too, feeling soft at being called “Joon” in so long. Especially by Seo-eul.

 

 

 

So with that being said, the two were at that stage of starting things slow. And like many “friends” did, they were just going to grab dessert. It was perfectly normal, was it not?

 

For once, the smart and highly IQ-ed Kim Namjoon couldn’t tell if it was the thought of ice-cream or the thought of the girl that was waiting to grab ice-cream with him that was making his dimples stay on his face. 

 

 

Or maybe he did know which of the two it was, and that made his already plastered grin even bigger.

 

 

Gotta love being smart.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Oppa!” Hamin jumped out of Jimin’s now parked car as soon as she spotted an all-too familiar black car standing in front of her home. 

 

“Hey slow down,” Jimin scolded his sister for opening the door even before he could turn off the engine. He shook his head with a sigh as he watched Hamin running out and diving into the arms of Hoseok, who had stepped out of his own car as soon as he saw her coming towards him.

 

 

“Hi baby. Did you have a good meal?” Hoseok asked softly, his arms tightly around Hamin and his face in her hair. 

 

“Yup! It was so tasty and I don’t think I’ve ever had such an expensive meal in my entire life,” Hamin replied back with a smile. Hoseok laughed.

 

“I can buy you an even more expensive meal any time you want,” he assured her. This time Hamin laughed.

 

 

“Why thank you sir. How did your presentation go?” she asked, now pulling back enough to take in his neatly ironed suit and gelled hair. Hoseok always looked professional after work, but today he looked extra presentable, probably because he was presenting for the day.

 

Alone as the representative of Hope’s World. He looked dashing, and that could be said on behalf of anyone’s part without bias. 

 

 

“I think it went pretty well. But honestly all I could think about throughout the entire meeting was coming to see this pretty face I missed all day,” Hoseok smirked as he leaned in towards Hamin to give her a kiss.

 

But he was stopped when he heard someone clear their throat.

 

 

“Can you guys wait until I make it inside please?” Jimin said, walking up towards the two. He was trying hard not to gag at the sight before him, with his sister in the arms of Hoseok. Jimin had no idea it would be so difficult to watch his own sister’s love life currently on display...not thinking for a second that he was just as corny himself with his girlfriend too. Speaking of which, he missed her and decided he’d give her a call as soon as he made it into his house.

 

 

“Oh right,” Hamin smiled sheepishly as she pulled away. She waved at her brother to hurry up and go inside their home. Hoseok’s eyes were wide as he bowed to Jimin, not expecting him to have been watching them. His cheeks grew warm.

 

“Sorry, didn’t see you there...sir,” Hoseok said, unsure of what to call Jimin exactly. The two had only met once, and if they remembered correctly, it was a rather awkward first encounter. It was the night Jimin had to apologize for Hamin enforcing a collision of lips between her and the man she was currently next to.

 

And now Jimin was intruding their “collision of lips.”

 

Talk about a turn of events.

 

 

“It’s fine. I um, heard about your relationship with Hamin. Congratulations,” Jimin returned Hoseok’s bow and forced a smile. He was still unsure how he felt exactly about Hoseok being his sister’s boyfriend. From a game designing perspective, Hoseok was most definitely qualified and respected.

 

But Jimin couldn’t tell if he was just as good at being someone’s significant other as he was at being a CEO of a company.

 

 

“Thank you. I promise to take care of her,” Hoseok responded, almost as if he was aware of Jimin’s concerns. He smiled down at Hamin and the look in his eyes made Jimin stop.

 

Because the way his eyes were cherishing and full of affection almost convinced Jimin that perhaps Hoseok was indeed serious about that promise he just made. And maybe Jimin could be a little less worried, at least for now.

 

 

“Please do. I’m a huge fan of both you and Kim Sajang-nim, but if you hurt my sis, I’ll be quick about dropping out of your fandom,” Jimin joked...although he meant what he said. He would just keep an eye out for now, in serious hopes that the couple in front of him lasted.

 

 

“Well then I’ll try extra hard not to disappoint you,” Hoseok chuckled and Jimin was a little surprised at seeing Hoseok smile and laugh so much, given that his cold sides were well-known especially to a “fan” like himself.

 

 

I guess he really does like Hamin, Jimin smiled, more wholeheartedly this time. He gave Hoseok one last bow before turning around to enter his house. 

 

 

All that couple business Jimin just witnessed made him remember how much he missed his own girl and quickly pulled out his phone to give her that call he was planning on.

 

Jimin peeped one last time at the two lovebirds outside his house as he closed the front gates and grinned, glad that his sister looked genuinely happy. 

 

 

And his smile stretched wider when the girl he called picked up, letting him hear her lovely, loud voice yell, “Hi oppa!”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Sorry about that,” Hamin looked up at Hoseok and smiled. She totally forgot her brother could be quite the talker and interruptor. 

 

“Don’t be,” Hoseok grinned back. He was kind of glad about the short encounter he just had with Jimin, as it almost felt as though he had gotten his approval. And getting the approval of Hamin’s brother meant he was ⅓ of the way to fully being accepted as Hamin’s boyfriend. The other two parts of that fraction were her parents, but that could wait...for now.

 

 

“Are you busy tonight?” Hamin asked. Hoseok shook his head.

 

“I’m all yours.”

 

“Excellent. Is there something you want to do in particular?” she raised her brows.

 

“Whatever my girl wants to do,” he shrugged at her.

 

“Well that’s no help,” Hamin let out a short laugh before placing a finger to her chin, “Then can we try going to that café we went before? The one that’s your secret workplace?”

 

“Of course we can,” Hoseok nodded as soon as he understood where she meant. He checked his watch. “It closes at around midnight so we have plenty of time.”

 

“Yay!” Hamin clapped her hands together, “This time you’re not going to reserve the whole place for just us, right?”

 

“Do you want me to?” Hoseok pulled out his phone, ready to make that reservation and kick everyone out if Hamin wanted. For Hamin, he could literally do anything.

 

“No, no!” Hamin grabbed his hand, stopping him. “I want to try seeing the place in business. It was such a pretty café.”

 

“Alright,” Hoseok chuckled, seeing how her eyes sparkled at the thought of going to his “pretty” secret hide-out...that was actually a business open to the public when it wasn’t booked entirely for himself.

 

 

He quickly grabbed her hand and led her to his car, right behind them. And he didn’t let go of her hand throughout the entire car ride. He didn’t even let go when they entered the café either. But Hamin didn’t mind; she loved getting led by him into the people-bubbling coffee shop they were now standing in.

 

 

 

“Jung Sajang-nim!” a man in a white shirt and brown apron came out from behind the counter and bowed as soon as he saw Hoseok and Hamin standing by the entrance.

 

“Hey, Minsoo. How have you been?” Hoseok nodded.

 

“I’ve been well. Business is doing well too, as you can see,” the man, Minsoo, gestured to the busy café. Indeed, it was almost a full house that night, with barely any seats left as people were chattering about and sipping their drinks. Seoul night life was all about drinking caffeine even at nearly nine in the evening.

 

“That’s nice,” Hoseok gave Minsoo a half smile as he scanned around for a place to sit.

 

“Did you need to use the café? I haven’t gotten a notification about a reservation from you,” the man quickly took out his phone from his apron pocket to check it. 

 

“No, I don’t need the café to myself tonight,” Hoseok shook his head and Minsoo nodded in relief at that. He was scared for a moment in case he had missed Hoseok’s call or text about a reservation.

 

“Well then can I help you to a table over by the window?” Minsoo stretched out his arm, pointing towards an empty spot by a large glass window. It was one of the only few tables available. 

 

“Sounds great,” Hoseok nodded, looking at Hamin to see if she was okay with that as well. Hamin smiled with a nod, giving him the confirmation. Minsoo raised his eyebrows, now gazing at the lady next to Hoseok.

 

 

“Oh and who is this, may I ask?” he glanced at Hoseok.

 

 

“My girlfriend,” Hoseok replied in a beat.

 

 

“No way; really?” Minsoo gawked at how open Hoseok was about introducing his significant other, as he had never been so before. Minsoo took a good look at Hamin, noticing her round eyes and long hair that accompanied her overall petite demeanor. 

 

“Hi, my name is Minsoo and I’m the owner of this café. It’s a pleasure to meet you,” he put out his hand.

 

“Hi, I’m Hamin. It’s nice to meet you too,” Hamin grabbed his hand to shake it, having to let go of the beast’s hand as a result. Hoseok almost growled in annoyance at that.

 

 

“Okay let’s go sit Min-ah,” Hoseok snatched her hand back again, breaking the two acquaintances apart. Hamin nodded as she followed Hoseok to the table Minsoo had pointed out for them.

 

“Let me know if you need anything!” Minsoo called out to the two before running back behind the counter and rejoining his employees to work. 

 

 

 

“It’s funny how everyone you know calls you “Sajang-nim,” even though they don’t actually work for you,” Hamin said to Hoseok as soon as they sat down. 

 

“I guess that’s just who I am to everyone that knows me” Hoseok replied with a shrug. He never really thought about the fact that everyone did call him “Sajang-nim.” And it was probably because everyone just saw him as the “Sajang-nim” or CEO of Hope’s World...and never just Jung Hoseok. That made Hamin even more special, as she always referred to him as “Mr. Jung” instead.

 

And now…”Hoseok oppa.”

 

 

“I mean it’s not a bad thing,” Hamin smiled before whipping her head to look at the large menu on the wall.

 

“What should we order?” she asked, eyes already twinkling and mind now focused entirely on the names of drinks ahead.

 

“Wait here,” Hoseok all of a sudden got up and walked towards the counter. Hamin just watched him with a puzzled face, curious as to what he was doing. She saw him whisper something to Minsoo, who nodded with a laugh. Then she saw Hoseok take off his jacket and roll up his sleeves.

 

What is he doing..? Hamin thought, trying not to blush at how attractive he looked with his sleeves all rolled up and unnecessarily revealing his veiny arms…(cough). Hamin quickly looked away, but ended up eyeing him again, now seeing that Hoseok was making something behind the counter. She couldn’t help but grin.

 

 

Aw, is he making me a drink? she internally asked the obvious. Well, his coffee last time was excellent, so she could only expect this coffee to be just as good. 

 

 

Buzz buzz buzz.

 

 

Hamin felt her phone vibrate and she glanced at the screen, revealing the name of the caller.

 

 

Taehyung oppa.

 

 

She quickly picked up.

 

 

“Hello?” Hamin had to place a hand to her ear to block out all the white noise in the background.

 

“Min-ah,” Taehyung’s deep voice reached her other ear that was right by her phone.

 

“Hi oppa. What’s up?” Hamin asked.

 

“I heard from Jimin that you’re currently not home, so I thought I should at least call you to tell you,” Taehyung said slowly.

 

“Tell me what?” Hamin raised an eyebrow.

 

“I’m leaving to Geochang tonight and won’t be back for a while,” Taehyung answered.

 

“Wait what?” Hamin was a little shocked at what she heard. “You’re leaving and not coming back?”

 

“No, I’m sure I’ll come back sometime. I haven’t given up entirely on Tae’s Tea, so I still have to return to it someday. But I don’t know when,” Taehyung let out a chuckle, “My parents really want me home for some reason, and I feel like I need a break from Seoul life too...sorry I wasn’t able to tell you in person. I wanted to say bye to you and give you one last cup of iced tea or green tea latte.”

 

 

“Aw oppa,” Hamin couldn’t help but feel a pang of disappointment at the fact that Taehyung was leaving. “I’m not going to lie. I’m  really going to miss you and Tae’s Tea. But...if you need a break and Auntie and Uncle want you back, I hope you have a great time down in Geochang.”

 

“Thanks,” Taehyung smiled.

 

“Be safe and tell Auntie and Uncle I said ‘hi’ okay? And make sure you update me once in a while too!” Hamin began to nag.

 

“Okay okay,” Taehyung laughed, “You make it sound like we’re saying goodbye forever.”

 

“No! That better not be the case,” Hamin raised her voice and Taehyung continued to laugh. 

 

“Of course not. How can I plan on not seeing Minnie’s face ever again? Oppa’ll come back for sure. Just you wait,” Taehyung assured her.

 

“Good,” Hamin said approvingly...before she continued. “Oppa...please be happy. I know that’s kind of cheesy to say and all, but I genuinely hope and wish you find happiness. You deserve so much of it.”

 

 

“...thank you,” Taehyung replied after a slight pause. His heart began to ache again, but he pushed it down. “You too Min-ah. Please be happy for my sake too, okay? And don’t worry; I know I’m going to find happiness.”

 

 

“That’s the spirit,” Hamin let out a laugh herself.

 

“Well, I won’t keep you for too long. Have a good night and I’ll let you know once I make it down to Geochang. See you Min-ah,” Taehyung’s voice brightened a little and Hamin nodded as she replied back brightly as well.

 

“Safe travels oppa! Thanks for everything. See you!”

 

 

And then it was over. Hamin set her phone down on the table and ran her hands through her hair as she stared outside the window. Her mind was painting pictures of all the memories she had shared with Taehyung over the years and how a part of her felt as though things really wouldn’t be the same anymore...even after Taehyung came back from his time at Geochang (whenever that was going to be).

 

 

“Wow, I sure spent a lot of time with Taehyung oppa,” Hamin muttered, realizing her memory lane with Kim Taehyung was endless. It was true; no one knew her so well like he did, being able to tell what she needed even before she said a word, and no one took care of her needs like he did either. Kim Taehyung was more than just an “oppa,” or brother’s friend—he was family. He was someone precious. He was Prince Charming in every way...just in love with the wrong princess.

 

But perhaps things didn’t work out with Hamin because she was no princess. Maybe she was more of...a heroine or a main character from another story that just wasn’t his. And maybe that meant the gentle Prince Charming Kim Taehyung had yet to find his princess.

 

 

“What are you thinking about?” 

 

 

Hamin’s trip down her memory lane was halted as she heard Hoseok’s voice next to her. She jumped as she turned her face to look at Hoseok, who was now seated next to her instead of across from her, staring into her eyes.

 

 

“Um, nothing,” Hamin gave him a small smile before she looked down at the table. And found a glass filled with a light orange colored drink sitting in front of her. 

 

 

“What’s this?” she asked, looking at Hoseok again. It most definitely didn’t look like coffee.

 

“Iced peach tea,” Hoseok answered, averting his eyes as his ears turned pink.

 

“Iced peach tea?” Hamin repeated, a little surprised at the unexpected surprise. “Did you make it yourself? Is that why you went behind the counter?”

 

“Yeah,” Hoseok cleared his throat, still a little shy at his work. “I wanted to make you either this or the green tea latte you always talk about getting at that Tae’s Tea place or whatever, but I decided a decaf iced peach tea was the better option. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter