A Drunk Prince Charming & A Blondie

Say Goodnight To My HOPE World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Or are you dating these days? Is that why you look so good?" -Jeon Jungkook

 

Chapter 5: A Drunk Prince Charming & A Blondie

 

Hamin checked one last time to make sure Hoseok was dreaming away before grabbing her things and tip-toeing out of his room. Once she made it out, she sighed.

 

“I can’t believe I did that. Do I even deserve to be paid tonight?” she muttered with heated cheeks and was soon met with Namjoon waiting by the door.

 

He looked at his watch and smiled wearily.

 

“It took you a bit longer this time, Ms. Park,” he began but soon asked, “Is he asleep though?”

 

Hamin nodded and Namjoon gave her a thumbs up before escorting her out to take her back home. When they were in the car, she looked at the time and gaped. It was almost midnight. She apologetically turned to Namjoon, “I’m so sorry Mr. Kim. You should be in bed right now too…” 

 

“That’s alright Ms. Park. I’ll be okay. It’s Hoseok I’m more worried about,” Namjoon smiled to assure her as his hands steered the wheel. Hamin just nodded in silence, unwantingly remembering what had happened earlier that night.

 

 

 

After Hamin jumped into Hoseok’s bed, Hoseok waited until the moth (and the butterflies attacking his tummy) flew out his open window. Once the moth fluttered out, stretching out its brown, hairy wings, he tapped Hamin’s hands and whispered, “It’s gone now Park Hamin. It’s alright.”

 

Only then did Hamin realize her arms around the man’s waist and dart out of the bed like a bullet. 

 

“I am so sorry sir, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to harass you like that; I just really hate creatures with more than four legs and I—” Hamin began to explain. 

 

“It’s okay. Just continue reading,” Hoseok cut her off and laid back down. It wasn’t a lie to say that he felt a bit jittery from what had happened, but he wanted to pretend it didn’t bother him. He wanted to pretend he didn’t notice how Hamin often gave him the butterfly feels. He just closed his eyes and waited for Hamin to continue reading, which she did.

 

And after a while, her voice worked like magic again, making Hoseok fall asleep. Hamin had done her job successfully once again, but she still felt uneasy after everything had happened...especially because it was her that hugged him...all because of a stupid moth.

 

 

Why would you jump in his bed out of all places Park Hamin? His holy, sacred bed?! she wanted to pull her hair out.

 

 

 

“Did you hear me Ms. Park?” Namjoon interrupted Hamin’s thoughts and she looked at him with a start. She also noticed how the car had stopped and they were parked in front of her house.

 

“Sorry, what were you saying?” Hamin smiled, feeling bad for not listening.

 

“I just said I wanted to thank you for coming back and for your hard work tonight Ms. Park. It took Hoseok guts to call you, you know,” Namjoon smiled back. Hamin nodded, shy at the mention of Hoseok’s name. 

 

 

“Well then I’ll see you tomorrow night,” Namjoon waved. 

 

“See you sir,” Hamin waved back in response before wishing Namjoon a “good night” and stepping out of the car. It was a rather long night for her, and she nearly ran to her house to jump in bed to get the sleep she needed for the next day.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It was a short night for Hoseok though. 

 

He slept like a dead man, and when the alarm rang to wake him up, he groaned as he pulled the covers closer. He didn’t want to believe that it was morning already. He didn’t want to leave his warm bed.

 

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

 

But the alarm screamed in his ears and forced Hoseok to open his eyes. His long fingers fumbled around before finding his phone near him and turning the alarm off. He stretched his arms out as he sat up in bed. 

 

 

Hoseok looked out his enormous window and took in the beautiful, morning sun shining through. He was used to the amazing view, but it felt different after getting a good night’s rest. The sunshine seemed brighter and the clouds seemed fluffier.

 

It was going to be a good day.

 

Swinging his legs to the right, he slid off his bed and slipped his feet into some slippers as he got up to get ready for work. Squeezing toothpaste onto his toothbrush and popping it into his mouth, he looked at himself through the mirror of his bathroom. Despite the bird’s nest his hair had become, his face looked refreshed and glowy. His body was pumping with energy.

 

 

All thanks to… he stopped. His mind finished his internal sentence: Park Hamin.

 

 

And like the floodgates had opened, the memories of last night came rushing through his brain, painting the awkward picture of Hoseok being trapped in the arms of a girl in his own bed. Hoseok felt the heat rise in his face.

 

But she wasn’t just a girl. She was Park Hamin. The sleeping cure and only remedy to Hoseok’s restlessness. He recalled last night and how her small figure trembled next to him...just because of a moth. Well, it wasn’t just a mere moth to Hamin.

 

 

“I just really hate creatures with more than four legs…” 

 

 

Hamin was ten times cuter when she was scared or explaining herself, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Hoseok, who chuckled as he recalled her big eyes and flailing hands without even realizing it. It was only when he looked at himself in the mirror when he caught his grin and immediately ironed it out back into an expressionless line.

 

 

He shook his head confused as to why he was acting so strange. He was certain he didn’t really like that Park Hamin girl. He didn’t even like the fact that he needed her, because the “perfect” man he was meant “needing” something other than food and water was not a possibility. Then why was he smiling like an idiot when she crossed his mind? And this wasn’t even the first time either. All he knew was that the only things he knew about this girl were that she had this wickedly magical ability to make people at peace...and that she was, well, cute.

 

 

He came to the conclusion that if he wasn’t fond of her at first, now he was just quite curious about her. But that was it. There was absolutely no way he felt anything more than just plain curiosity. After all, it’s only natural to want to get to know a person who’s going to work for you right? And it would be weird to feel other emotions towards them when you barely even knew them.

 

Yes. That’s all.

 

 

All this passed through Hoseok’s head as he finished washing up, getting dressed, and grabbing his car keys to drive to work. And once he got to his company building, he wanted to rid his mind of any distractions (cough Hamin cough). He decided to focus on the tasks he had at hand that day; his posture confident and his long strides radiating energy as he made his way through the lobby.

 

 

 

“Good morning Jung Sajang-nim,” his workers bowed as he walked to the elevator. He gave them a small nod in response. 

 

 

“Wow, you look extra great today sir,” a man in his early twenties smiled as he bowed to Hoseok as they stood waiting for the elevator. Hoseok turned to look at him, and was a bit surprised at how his large brown eyes and fluffy brown hair contrasted against his built body and thick thighs, but still ended up looking good altogether. He was a buff bunny, and as odd as that sounded, the man in front of Hoseok proved that cute and y could very much go hand in hand. 

 

 

“Thank you,” Hoseok scanned the man’s ID card hanging from a lanyard off his chest, “Jeon Jungkook-ssi.”

 

 

Hoseok then moved his eyes back towards the closed elevator doors. Jungkook bowed at the mention of his name, which was an honor to him. Hoseok’s expressionless face and cold tone was intimidating to most of his workers, and Jungkook had mustered up a lot of courage to compliment his boss, whose glowy complexion couldn’t go unnoticed. Hoseok’s face was literally radiating and Jungkook simply had to say something. And he was glad he did, especially since the man had called him by his name.

 

It was too bad Hoseok didn’t think too much of it though.

 

 

“Did you have a good night’s sleep?” Jungkook tried to carry on a conversation, more confident now, and Hoseok just stared ahead, a bit annoyed at how long the elevator was taking.

 

“Or are you dating these days? Is that why you look so good?” Jungkook continued when Hoseok didn’t respond. Shoot, maybe I went too far. You should’ve stopped at the compliment Jeon Jungkook! Now you’re just being rude and nosy!  Jungkook wanted to slap his mouth when a chilling silence followed.

 

 

Hoseok slightly tensed at the mention of “dating.” He wanted to turn to this guy—what was his name? Jungkook?— and bark at him to back off and mind his own business. But all that came out was, “No I just slept really well. You should sleep well too; it really helps with work.”

 

“Oh yes I see...” Jungkook looked at Hoseok’s side profile with wide eyes, amazed and grateful at how he answered his “rude and nosy” question. And not just answered but even gave him great life advice (is it though)!

 

Now everything about Hoseok changed for Jungkook. He wasn’t the “cold, mean, intimidating beast” like Jungkook and his co-workers thought all this time. The coolness of his tone, the charismatic aura he had, and even the outstanding-vogue-material-fashion sense he displayed shined before Jungkook and Hoseok became the buff bunny’s role model just like that.

 

 

Soon the elevator doors opened and Hoseok stepped in without missing a beat. About time, he nearly growled.

 

But he stepped in alone.

 

As he turned to look at Jungkook to ask him if he was getting on, the guy just bowed deeply and nearly yelled, “Have a nice day Jung Sajangnim! I’ll take the next lift up!”

 

Hoseok thought that was weird but nodded and pressed the button that would take him up to his office. He had no idea that he just earned himself an eager fan who wanted Hoseok to be able to ride the elevator peacefully. 

 

 

 

“Jeon...Jungkook?” Hoseok muttered under his breath as he waited to be taken up. He never recalled seeing the guy before, but that was no surprise, given that he barely knew anyone that worked for him...other than the few he communicated with directly. Being friendly with everyone was Namjoon’s job after all. 

 

Hoseok caught a glimpse of his reflection on the neatly polished elevator doors and wondered if his well rested self was really that noticeable. He then remembered Jungkook asking if he was in a relationship that was responsible for his improved looks. His eyebrows knitted as he recalled the times he had been in such romance.

 

Because they didn’t end all that pretty.

 

 

 

Hoseok wasn’t without experience. He had girlfriends in the past—two to be exact —but they didn’t last very long, mostly because they expected a bit too much from Hoseok. Hoseok never pursued anyone. It was just his attractive self that caused girls to approach him first. And there were only two out of the many in the past that Hoseok started relationships with (after initially pushing them away) because they were actually decent and seemed to like Hoseok for who he was, not for what he had. 

 

But the girls who came to him first left him first too.

 

Their reason? Well, in their opinion, Hoseok didn’t return as much love as they gave him, and that was partly true. Their dates weren’t very frequent and Hoseok wasn’t much of a sweet texter or a caller. Whenever they wanted to come over, he would be romantic enough to cook them dinner, have a few drinks, and allow for some kisses and cuddles on the couch...but he wouldn’t allow them to stay for the night or progress any further than smooching. And that made them mad. Because the only way they’d know if the cold, stoic Hoseok loved them back was if he showed it through physical intimacy. At least, that’s what they thought.

 

And he didn’t. 

 

This made Hamin quite the character. She had the experience of being in Hoseok’s bed (with a different meaning, of course), which was something not even his past girlfriends had. And Hoseok couldn’t seem to push her away as easily as he did with other girls.

 

Interesting.

 

 

Hoseok shook his head as his mind wandered off to Hamin-Land again, and strained his eyes to focus on anything but the bedtime story reader. Before long. the elevator dinged and the doors opened for Hoseok to walk quickly to his office.

 

 

“Well someone’s looking fresh,” Hoseok heard the teasing voice that belonged to his partner as soon as he walked in and let out a short scoff.

 

“Yeah all thanks to you and the therapist you brought,” Hoseok said as he walked into his room. Namjoon smiled as he watched his friend go in. He had been sitting on the couch in their shared living room area, with his legs crossed and book in hand. 

 

“You ready for today? We have a lot to do,” Namjoon called out to Hoseok after a moment. He waited for Hoseok’s response.

 

“Oh you bet,” he heard his co-CEO call out in his typical, cool tone and laughed.

 

It really was going to be a good day.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter