13: Youtube Autoplay

Many Lifetimes in a Moment of Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Another lazy Sunday where both of the women found themselves awake way too early in the morning with absolutely no plans. It was currently eight in the morning they were cuddled up on their sofa watching some YouTube cooking shows. 

 

"Haven't we seen this one?"

 

Wendy only responded to her wife with a garble of noise that represented the words "I don't know."

 

They were simply letting the autoplay feature of YouTube running. They were already quite bored, but neither had any motivation to move. They were comfortable. Joy with her favorite pillow and Wendy with her favorite blanket.

 

For the couple who unashamedly made their Wedding a PG-13 movie with all of their make-out sessions, they had become boring. They friends loved reminding them of that fact whenever they turned down an offer to go out. They would disagree, but they had repeats of cooking shows to watch.

 

"Can you cook that?"

 

"Ionno." Wendy absentmindedly ran her fingers through Joy's hair.

 

"Can you cook that?"

 

"Maybe."

 

"Can you cook that."

 

"Probably?"

 

Two hours later and the two continued the cycle about twenty times and neither were annoyed. It didn't matter if the recipe was about something disgusting or delicious, Joy wanted to know the limit of her favorite chef. Of course, she learned absolutely nothing from Wendy's non-committal answers.

 

 

 

 

"Wanna try and make one?" Joy looked up from her perch to meet eyes with Wendy.

 

"Sure."

 

Embracing the role as the embodiment of a lazy Sunday, the two rolled out in old sweats and no makeup. The two made a quick list that grew substantially with items they didn't need but wanted to get anyways. 

 

In a lot of ways, the two looked like a sweet old couple going past 50 years together. The two held hands for virtually the whole shopping period, both pushed the cart together at an excruciatingly slow pace, and every word was lazy, but filled with honey.

 

"Dear, can you grab that one up top?" Wendy pointed with her free hand.

 

"Of course honey, this one?" Joy waddled over pull Wendy behind her as she didn't want to let go of each other.

 

"Yes, thank you so much. You are the best." Wendy stood on her toes to plant a sweet brisk kiss on her cheeks.

 

A small blush filled their cheeks.

 

Looking at their cart and then Joy, Wendy felt very domestic as they blocked up the aisle going at a snail's pace.

 

"Hey! Can you guys move?"

 

The couple froze and let go of each other's hands. They both bunched over and tried speeding away. The stranger sensed the dramatic change in their posture and caught up to them.

 

"Well well well, if it ain't the boring, stinky, couple."

 

At the same time, Joy smelled Wendy and Wendy smelled Joy wondering if Yeri's claims were true.

 

"Ugh, gross, what are you guys doing out?"

 

Their once peaceful plans of a lazy afternoon were about to be changed. The glaze that had masked Joy and Wendy's eyes were wiped away after hearing Yeri and Seulgi's voices.

 

"Did you really have to invite them? Now we have to put on clothes." Joy whispered as the two walked back to their car with groceries in hand. Yeri and Seulgi were following right behind.

 

"They are our friends Joy. Besides, we weren't going to bake … that's unsanitary." Wendy lowered her voice even lower when mentioning their bare bodies.

 

"I meant changing out of our sweats you weird

Please log in to read the full chapter