0 : The Micing Interview

Many Lifetimes in a Moment of Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Red Velvet was finally heading home after a grueling few days of filming a music video for their upcoming song, "Power Up". The song was their summer follow up to their mega-hit "Red Flavor" from last year and SM was throwing quite a few resources to keep the momentum. Not only were they going to have a comeback, they were also preparing for their next concert, "Redmare". Needless to say, it was a tiring time of the year for them and they had to autopilot a few activities just to stay sane in the blistering summer sun.

 

"Hey Seulgi Unnie, do you remember what questions the Micing Interview guy asked you?"

 

Joy and Seulgi were trudging slowly from their van to their dorm.

 

"Hmm…" Seulgi looked to the sky for the answer. They had filmed many things recently and it wasn't easy to recall every detail. "I think they asked for the point dance and to leave a message to our fans. Why? What'd they ask you?"

 

"The first question was asking when I liked to drink beer. I said at night."

 

"Fitz beer." Seulgi nodded.

 

"Obviously, but the second question was the weird one. They asked me what I thought about Wendy Unnie picking me as the member she would date if she were a boy."

 

Joy and Seulgi's legs finally reached the form as they continued their conversation inside. They both had planned on heading straight to bed, but Joy wanted to hear what Seulgi had to say and Seulgi wanted to see where Joy was going.

 

"That was the question Seungwan got for Bad Boy right? Didn't she say both of us? Why didn't I get asked?"

 

"That's what I'm wondering. If you didn't get it, why did I? Maybe she got the same question again?"

 

"So what did you say?"

 

"That if she confesses I would think about it?" Joy thought about her answer again before adding on.  "I had five seconds and I was hot and tired, I didn't exactly have time to think."

 

"I agree though, Seungwan is a really good person."

 

"I don't regret my answer, but they followed it up by saying I must really love her."

 

"Weird."

 

Asking idols which member they would date was not an odd question. In fact, Wendy specifically has gotten the question multiple times over the years and her answer was always Seulgi or Joy. The weird part was asking the member chosen what they thought about it.

 

"What's weird?"

 

Speaking of the devil, Wendy happened to walk in as Joy and Seulgi were conversing.

 

"Seungwan, what questions did you get asked for the Micing Interview?" Seulgi pondered.

 

"I think it was something about beating the heat and about cooking? Why?" Even the energetic Wendy was tired from the shoot.

 

"So, they didn't ask her again." Seulgi looked at Joy.

 

"Ask me what?" Wendy found a seat next to them on the shared sofa.

 

"I was asked how I felt about you saying you'd date me if you were a boy."

 

"Oh, huh. Did you get asked too, Seulgi?"

 

Seulgi shook her head.

 

"Weird. When does the video come out?"

 

"I don't think it's scheduled until the end of August." Seulgi showing off her memory.

 

"I guess we should wait to see what they do with it."

 

Understanding Wendy's words were the best course of action, the trio went to their respective beds to reward themselves with some well-deserved rest. They still had a lot in front of them to worry about first.

 

~~~   ~~~   ~~~

 

A string of concerts and a fully packed comeback era saw a truly energetic Wendy. She always stood out on her own, but the unbridled energy was making her shine brighter than ever. Joy found herself following the light more recently and unconsciously wanting to be near the warmth.

 

Joy had gotten a notification that the Micing Interview was live and was about to watch it when Wendy entered the dorm. "Oh, Unnie, you're home. I was about to watch the Micing Interview, want to join me?"

 

"Sure, let me put some stuff down and change, I'm all sweaty."

 

The short wait was torturous for Joy. At first, she didn't really care. It was just a random question she was curious about. But now, waiting three minutes while the other party majorly involved in this mystery was bothersome. Wendy luckily didn't take long as she went straight to her room and changed

Please log in to read the full chapter