07. Suffocation

The One For Me

Yujin’s POV

 

It hurts. My head hurts, my body aches. I slowly gain my conciousness. I found myself in a dark room. I tried to move my body but I can’t. Then, I realize that I’m being tied up in a chair. I’m being blindfolded. Where am I? I should be home or Wonyoung would be worried.

 

Oh right, I’m being kidnapped. The stuntgun. It must be that. But why? And who? Will the person kill me? Or they just kidnapped me to ask my parents for money?

 

Unconciously, my tears started to fall as fear starts to creep in. Then I hear a door opens, I become more anxious and scared.

 

“You’re awake.” A man voice heard.

 

“W-who are y-you?” I tried to be brave but I’m scared to death right now.

 

“Me? You don’t know me? Maybe you could know after you see me.” Then I heard footsteps get closer to me. The man open my blindfold and what I see shocked me.

 

“C-Chan?” I shocked, I don’t why Chan would do this thing, I know him since he is in my singing club.

 

“See? You know me.” Chan smirked. If it’s Chan then it must be a prank.

 

“Yah! Bang Chan! If this is a prank then you’re dead meat.” I tried to raise my voice.

 

“This is not a prank, Yujin.” Chan walks away from me and turn on the light. After the light turns on, I could see myself in every single space in this room. The picture of me smiling hanging in the wall, it looks like there’s hundreds of them, or maybe thousands.

 

“What is this for Chan? Thousands of my picture? All smiling? Are you crazy? Just let me go home, I’m tired. And where the hell did you get so many pictures of me?” I starts to become angry as I think this prank is going too much.

 

“Yes, I’m crazy for you, Ahn Yujin. I love your smile so much that I take pictures of you smiling anywhere and anytime I can. But you’re smiling too much to other people. I want you to smile only for me.” Chan smirks.

 

“What? Please stop this prank, Chan. This is not funny anymore.” I roll my eyes.

 

“I told you this is not a prank Ahn Yujin. I will not let you go. You’re mine. Now smile and let me see that beautiful smile of yours.”

 

“No. Why should I? You crazy jerk!!” I shout. Now I become scared as Chan sounded so serious.

 

*slap*

 

Chan slaps me. It hurts so much that I start crying.

 

“Smile Ahn Yujin. Not crying. I don’t kidnap you to see you crying but I want to see you smile for me.” Now Chan sounds so authoritive with that voice. I just cried more since my mind can’t think of anything anymore.

 

“Don’t make me slap you again, I don’t want to ruin that beautiful face of you.”

 

I feel Chan starts touching my face, caressing it from my cheeks to my jawline. I cried more and more but he didn’t stop.

 

“I never notice you have such beautiful body to die for, Ahn Yujin. Guess I’m too captivated to your smile to not realize this.” Chan smiles and lift my chin up so that I face him. I turn away immediately.

 

Chan starts to touch my body. He touches my neck, down to my collarbone and he goes down to my chest but takes his hands off me before he goes more.

 

“I’ll save this for tomorrow. Good night Yujin, we’ll have so much time together.”

 

Chan walks away, turns of the light and left me in the chair. I continue to cry, I’m scared. I pray and hope that Wonyoung will save me. She’s the only one who come to my mind this time. She should be worried, right? I haven’t come home at this time, maybe something has happened to me and she’ll search for me. Or will she think that I go to bar again and forget about my promise then she’ll sulk and ignore me? Damn, please don’t let that happen God.

 

“Wonyoung, help me…” I mumbled in my crying mess.

 

Wonyoung’s POV

 

Where’s Yujin unnie? it’s 10 now and she said that she’ll come home after having the meeting with singing team. Or did she go to the bar again? But she never went to the bar anymore these past few months. Did something bad happened to her? Like being kidnapped? Aish, I should stop thinking about negative things. But, why is she not home yet.

 

Frustated, I try to call Yujin unnie but she’s not answering. I tried to call a few times until finally she picked up the phone.

 

“Yah, unnie! Where are you going? Why aren’t you home yet? Do you know how worried I am?” I said. But I got no response on the other line.

 

“Unnie, where are you?” I’m getting scared. How if it’s not Yujin unnie who picked up the phone. Suddenly, a voice speaks up and I almost drop my phone.

 

“Yujin won’t come home anymore. She’s with me and she’s mine. Thanks for worrying her but you can live like she’s gone forever because I don’t want to share her with anyone else. Tell that she’s gone to everyone.” A man voice said and end the call.

 

“U-unnie… What happened to you? Whose voice is that?” I don’t know anymore, who is that man? What does he mean by saying Yujin unnie won’t come home anymore? Why must I live like unnie is gone forever?

 

Unconciously, my tears start to fall while thinking about all the possibilites that might happened to Yujin unnie. I cried and cried, but after some time my sense come back to me. I should do something to save Yujin unnie. Crying won’t solve anything. But how? I’m just a highschooler.

 

“Think, Jang Wonyoung, think.” I said to myself. There must be some way to find Yujin unnie. Suddenly, an idea come to my mind.

 

“Oh, right! I can track unnie’s phone.”

 

I remember that both of us install some apps to find each other location in case of some thing bad happen. I laugh at Yujin unnie’s idea at that time.

 

‘Unnie, why are we installing this apps? It’s not like we’re kids and will get lost.’

 

‘Yah! You’re still a baby and you’re cute and pretty and adorable! How if someone wants you all by themselves and kidnapped you?’ Yujin unnie protested.

 

‘You’re thinking too much unnie, nobody will think of me like that! But I’ll install this to see where you at, if I caught you are in bar, maybe I could get my mint choco ice cream.’ I smile at Yujin unnie who is looking at me while rolling her eyes. Yeah, Yujin unnie promise me if she went to the bar again, she will treat me ice cream for a month.

 

‘Fine, then I should go to bar and treat you ice cream so that I’ll have you all by myself for a month.’ Yujin unnie tease me. My cheeks getting red and I smack Yujin unnie because she’s teasing me again.

 

I open the apps and tried to search Yujin unnie’s phone location. Maybe the man didn’t know about the apps and doesn’t turn off unnie’s phone. There might be possibilities, right? I just hope that I could find Yujin unnie’s location.

 

After a few minutes, my phone vibrates, indicating that the apps tracked Yujin unnie’s phone. It’s just a few blocks away from here, not that far. I quickly copy the location and search it in Google Maps to see where’s the exact location is. Then, the exact location come out. It’s a house in JYP street and the house number is 9, even the picture of the house came out. Wow I’m so cool like a detective but I need to find Yujin unnie first so I could admire myself later.

 

I should find Yujin unnie and save her. But I don’t even know she’s kidnapped or she’s just having fun there and having a party so maybe she and her friends are drunk and said something nonsense like earlier? If it’s really true then I will make myself look dumb and Yujin unnie must be teasing me for the whole week. But what if she’s kidnapped? Or maybe the kidnapper wants to kill her? What if something happened to her?

 

Too many scenarios are coming to my mind, I don’t know what to do but my feelings say that I shouldn’t waste any more time. Suddenly, I remember something. JYP street, many of our friends live there. Maybe one of them know whose house is it, the number 9 house.

 

I go to my computer and open the database of our school students. Yeah, I have the database because I’m part of student council. I enter the address ‘JYP street’ and there’s about 20 to 30 names pop out. I scan the adress one by one and when I look at the fifteenth one, I get shocked.

 

‘JYP street no 9’

 

So, she’s in our friend’s house? And whose house is it? Chan? Isn’t he’s the guy in Yujin unnie’s singing club? Ah, so they decided to have fun after the meeting. Maybe I shouldn’t be worried about her that much and go to sleep. But I’ll make sure to scold her tomorrow because she doesn’t even tell me she’ll come home late or maybe have a sleepover in her friend’s house.

 

I look at the clock, it’s 11 pm now. Maybe I should get some sleep. I still have class tomorrow at 7.