03. It All Has a Start

The One For Me

Present Time

 

Wonyoung has been tutoring Yujin for a week now. Yujin has gotten better everyday and even Yujin can get all the answer right in today tutoring session. Wonyoung wonders why Yujin needed a tutoring session when Yujin herself could do great like this. Everytime Wonyoung asked her, Yujin would just shrugged it off by saying because Wonyoung is such a good tutor and winked. It always stopped Wonyoung from asking more questions because she can’t stand looking at Yujin being flirty with her. She knows that Yujin was different, Yujin is not like her ‘ex-bestfriend’, Yujin is just a popular students who is needing help in her study because her grade was horrible.

 

“I think you’ll be able to lift your grades up, unnie. I think you might get a perfect score too.” Wonyoung smiles.

 

“Aniyo, I’ll be happy if I pass the test tomorrow with average score.” Yujin pouts.

 

“You can solve these questions so quickly unnie. I don’t even trust you if you will just pass with average score. If you focus more on your study than your clubs, I’m sure your grades is even better than mine.” Wonyoung looks at her unnie in disbelief.

 

“Top grades student are saying I’m gonna get better grades than her. Is it a sarcasm?” Yujin rolled her eyes.

 

“Aniyo, unnie, I’m serious. I don’t think you’re that ‘dumb’ to have such grades. You could have better grades for sure.”

 

“Is it your way for telling me to get good grades and stop wasting your time to tutor me?” Yujin pouts with a kicked puppy face.

 

“N-no, i-it’s not like that, unnie.” Wonyoung stutters and starts to panic. But then Yujin just laughs and said “You’re so cute Wonyoung-ah! I’m just joking. Even if I can have better grades than you, I’ll make sure it never happens so that I won’t stop asking you to tutor me because your serious face is totally so cute!” Yujin giggles and starts pinching Wonyoung’s cheeks.

 

“Seriously unnie? Yah, I can’t believe you! I wanna sleep now, go to your room now. Shooo~” Wonyoung shoves Yujin towards the door, earning a protest from Yujin but ignored by Wonyoung. Wonyoung can’t take it anymore. She didn’t want to fall for her unnie. She didn’t want to ed up her life anymore. Having Yujin as her unnie is more than enough for her, at least she has someone other than her dad who cared for her. Being a director, her father often went to other countries for weeks and left her alone.

 

Time Skip

 

It’s finally the day when the grade will be announced. Some students have that worried look because they believe they didn’t do well in the exam. Some is just happy because they believe they did well in the exam and can’t wait to receive the results. And some just don’t care about the results. Yujin is the third kind of students. She didn’t even care about the results, because she know she did well and that’s enough for her. Wonyoung is also the third kind, because she always did well everytime, so it’s not a big deal for her.

 

Finally their homeroom teacher, Mr Kim comes and the students go back to their seats. Yujin sits in the middle row, surrounded by all her popular friends, while Wonyoung sits in the corner at the back of the class alone, because that’s where she’s always belong to.

 

Mr Kim starts calling names and announcing their grades. After a few calls, finally it’s Wonyoung’s turn.

 

“Jang Wonyoung, you got perfect scores in all subjects.” Mr Kim announces, all eyes are on Wonyoung now while she walks to take her test papers, some looks at her in disbelief because she’s that smart, and some just rolled their eyes because they’re jealous. Yujin just smiled at Wonyoung and winked at her. Wonyoung is used to all the staring, but she’s not used to Yujin’s wink so Wonyoung turns her head down to hide her red face.

 

Mr Kim continues to announce next few students’ grades and when Mr Kim see the next name, his eyes widen in shock but he quickly compose himself.

 

“Ahn Yujin, you got almost perfect scores in all subjects. Nice work, you did lift your grades up. Keep up the good work.” Mr Kim smiles. The class goes crazy after hearing that, Mr Kim never compliments popular students because he thinks they are just dumb who is just popular because of their looks. And Mr Kim’s ‘almost perfect scores’ means that the score is above 90.

 

“Yah Ahn Yujin, you’re so perfect, how can you be that smart with that looks and talents?”

 

“Be my personal tutor Yujin-ah!”

 

“Yujin-ah, please be my girlfriend, you’re so perfect!”

 

All those shoutings from students make Mr Kim hit the table to calm the class. Wonyoung is shocked because she didn’t know that Yujin is that popular, and with that grades means Yujin will be more popular than now. Yujin turns and smiles at Wonyoung, and then walks to take her test papers, earning squels from her fans.

 

Mr Kim keeps announcing until it’s lunch time. The students get out of the class as fast as lightning. Leaving Wonyoung alone in the class as usual. Wonyoung smiles to herself, today is just a normal day for her. She gets perfect scores and eat in the class alone because she prepared her lunch from home every day. Wonyoung is just about to start eating when she heard footsteps.

 

“Hey, mind if I join you?”