01. The Beginning

The One For Me

Third Person’s POV

 

“Come on, Wonyoung! Move your lazy , go to your room and unpack your stuffs.” A man’s voice said.

 

“Ne, appa.” Wonyoung pouts while starts to unpack her stuffs. Today is just another hectic day for her and her family. They move from one town to another town because of her father’s job. But this time, her father’s boss guarantee them that this is the last time they’ll move because his father will be promoted as the director of this town’s headquarter. Why? Just because Wonyoung’s father is a capable man whom became his boss’ most trusted man and her father’s boss is actually her father’s college friend.

 

After unpacking her stuffs which is not much, Wonyoung jump into her bed and look around her room. Her room has soft pink wallpaper and is larger than her previous rooms. Her room has a large window facing her house’s garden, a study desk, a three-door cabinet, and even her father bought her a make-up table because her father said that her daughter is old enough to “beautify” her already-beautiful-face. Wonyoung just rolled her eyes thinking about it.

 

“Wonyoung-ah, come here and have some food!” Her father shouts from down stairs.

 

Wonyoung gets up from her comfy bed while making a mental note that this bed is sure more expensive and classy than all of her previous bed, she wonders why her father’s boss is giving them all of these things. While walking to the kitchen, Wonyoung notices that her new house is much bigger, and maybe this is not a house, but a mansion.

 

“Yah, Wonyoung-ie, why are you dozing off?” Her father’s sudden questions snapped her out from her thought.

 

“Appa! You scared me! I was just thinking why we’re getting this mansion. I know you’ll be the director of this town’s headquarter, but why your boss is extra nice this time. Everytime we move to another town, we always get an average house, but I think this time we got a mansion, and even maids and drivers.” Wonyoung blabbers those words without even stopping, like a kid who is complaining why she is not getting some stuffed toys.

 

“I know you’ll ask about that that.” Wonyoung’s father smiles and ask Wonyoung to sit beside him.

 

“You know why? Because we’ll be living with one more person this time.”

 

That sentence alone shocked Wonyoung that her eyes grow bigger. “What? We’re living with one more person? Why didn’t you tell me appa? You know how I can’t easily socializing with new people” Wonyoung protested. Wonyoung always uses her flat and emotionless face when meeting new people, not that she is that y, but just because she was awkward around new people and didn’t what to say. But people thought that she’s just that y and she didn’t make any new friends.

 

“Wow, chill my Wonyoung-ie. I’m sure you’ll like her, she is my boss’ daugher and she’ll be living with us. You know, her daughter wants to try live independently, but you know how much Mr Ahn loves her daugher, he wants to give her daughter what she wished for but also didn’t have a heart to let her live alone, so he let her to live with us as he knows that you’re around her daugher’s age. I believe you’d get along well with her.”

 

When Wonyoung wants to ask more questions, they heard a bell ringing.

 

“I think she’s here.” Wonyoung’s father smiles as he walked toward the door with Wonyoung tailing him. Wonyoung’s father opens the door and they’re greeted by a girl, Wonyoung thinks this is Mr Ahn’s daugher since she is taking a huge luggage with her. The girl smiles so brightly that her eyes turn into crescent and her dimples showing. She also has the height around Wonyoung, which means she is tall, and Wonyoung thinks she looks like a puppy.

 

“Annyeong! I’m Ahn Yujin! I’ll be living here from now!” The girl said.

 

‘So her name is Ahn Yujin, she sure is so loud, but she is so pretty.’ Wonyoung thought.

 

“Annyeong Yujin-ah, come on, get inside, I’ll call your father that you’ve arrived. Wonyoung-ie, please take Yujin to her room which is beside yours.” Wonyoung’s father said.

 

Wonyoung turns to looks at Yujin, who is already smiling to her. But before Wonyoung could say anything, Yujin already grabs Wonyoung’s cheeks and pinched it.

 

“Oh my god, you’re so cute! Your name is Wonyoung right? You looks like a giant baby!” Yujin said and now hugging Wonyoung, more like squishing Wonyoung.

 

‘, this puppy sure is scary.’ Wonyoung thought and start detaching herself from Yujin. Before Yujin gets to protest, Wonyoung already in her emotionless face while dragging Yujin’s luggage with her right hand and Yujin with her left hand to Yujin’s room.

 

After arriving in Yujin’s room, Wonyoung is about to leave but she feels a hand is stopping her.

 

“Hey, could you help me unpack my stuffs? And maybe we can get to know each other more.” Yujin smiles with her dimples showing. Wonyoung’s heart jumped seeing that, but she’s awkward around new people, that’s why instead of showing a smile, she just sits down to Yujin’s bed with that expressionless face of hers.

 

“Yah you look so scary for a cute baby!” Yujin joked and starts to pout. Wonyoung couldn’t help it anymore, and finally smiles. Seeing Wonyoung smiles, Yujin smiles too and they both starts unpacking Yujin’s stuffs while getting to know each other more.

 

After two-hours unpacking, finally they’re finished and Yujin excuses herself to get a shower. Wonyoung leaves Yujin’s room and go to her room which is just beside Yujin’s. Wonyoung learns that Yujin is older a year than her but is in the same grade as Wonyoung just because Wonyoung’s smart brain make her jumped a year ahead. Yujin also has been whining for the past two hours to ask Wonyoung to call her ‘unnie’ instead of ‘Yujin-ssi’. Wonyoung also learns that Yujin is such a hyper and clumsy puppy. Wonyoung is smiling to herself when she remembered Yujin’s eyesmile and dimples. She’s sure it’s illegal to have such a beautiful smile. Wonyoung knows she’s ed up again this time.

 

Yeah, again, because she’s feeling that feeling again. The one she shouldn’t be feeling. Yeah, Wonyoung loves girls. That’s why she is awkward around new people. After confessing to her bestfriend 5 years ago, she had lost her bestfriend and her other friends. Girls had been avoiding her and boys thought that they won’t have any chance so nobody’s ever approach her anymore in that school. She never told anyone her uality, even her father, and what happened that day. She just kept quiet. Thankfully, not long after that, her father was moved to other town. So Wonyoung left all those things and hope to start a new life in the new town. But even she has move into a new town, a new school, and meet many new friends who didn’t know about her, she had never can make new friends because she is too awkward with new people. She can’t get close with girls, because she’s afraid that she’ll like them. She can’t get close with boys, because they’ll like her and she can’t like them back. Wonyoung just study and improving her grades, because it’s the safest thing to do. She didn’t want to love anymore, because she know that she’ll ed up her life.

 

But now, she’s sure she already liked Yujin. puberty and hormones. She didn’t want to end up loving Yujin and messed up her life, and her father’s life, because she know very well that Yujin is Mr Ahn’s daughter, her father’s boss daughter. Her father could lost his job because of her and she doesn’t want that.

 

‘Maybe I should keep some distance from Yujin unnie.’ Wonyoung thought to herself.

 

Three Months Later

 

True to herself, Wonyoung managed to distant herself from Yujin. Yujin have been protesting non-stop why Wonyoung has to be such bad dongsaeng and ignore her. Wonyoung does feel guilty so in some times she’ll go out with Yujin to shop or just go out for snacks. Every moment they spend together made Wonyoung realize she’ll ed up if this continues. But fortunately, they have different things to do. Wonyoung is always studying and not joining any clubs. Wonyoung just go to school, study, go home, and continues study. While Yujin is joining many clubs, she joins dancing club, basketball club, and even singing club. Yujin is getting more popular as time goes by, getting more and more friends. Everyone wants to be friend with Yujin and even dates her, but Yujin never date any of them. Yujin is popular while Wonyoung is just a nerd whom no one wants to be friend with. Of course no one knows that they’re living together, because Wonyoung always sits by herself and Yujin is surrounded by her popular friends and fans. Yujin has been asking Wonyoung to join her in school, but Wonyoung always just smiles and said no.

 

That night, Yujin comes to Wonyoung’s room and whined.

 

“Wonyoung-ieeeeee! You must help me this timeeee!” Yujin pouts.

 

“Again, unnie? I’ve finished them, here.” Wonyoung hands her homework book to Yujin without even looking at her.

 

“Yah Wonyoung-ie, I really need your help this time, it’s not homework.” Yujin whines more loudly this time and makes Wonyoung looks at her in confusion.

 

“I need you to tutor me, Wonyoung-ah. I haven’t do any preparation for next week’s exams because of the clubs’ activities and Mr Kim said that if I do bad again and didn’t get my grades up, he’s gonna call my parents, you know my father won’t be happy about that. And you’re the perfect person to tutor me, because we live in the same house and you have perfect grades!”

 

Wonyoung wants to help Yujin, but she’s afraid that if she spend more time with Yujin, she’ll ed up.

 

“Come on, Wonyoung-iee, help unnieee!!” Yujin whines again, but this time she uses her aegyo voice, now she starts hugging Wonyoung.

 

“Fine unnie, I’ll help you.” Wonyoung is sure she’s gonna get a heart attack if Yujin doesn’t stop, so she just agrees to Yujin.

 

“Yeay, thankyou babe! I’ll get shower and we’ll start the tutoring!” Yujin jumps happily and kisses Wonyoung’s cheek before running to her own room.

 

Wonyoung is shocked by the sudden ‘babe’ and kiss from Yujin, her heart beats so fast that she’s sure it’s gonna burst. Wonyoung’s face is red like a tomato right now, and people who didn’t know what happened earlier will be sure that Wonyoung has catch a fever.

 

30 Minutes Later

 

“Annyeong Ms Jang! Shall we start now?” Yujin shouts while jumping into Wonyoung’s room.

 

Wonyoung turns around and Wonyoung couldn’t say anything, because Ahn Yujin is so hot. Yujin’s hair is driping wet and she’s drying it using a towel. Yujin wearing a loose white t-shirt and a very short pants plus eyesmiles and dimples are not helping Wonyoung to gain her sanity.

 

Seeing Wonyoung opens wide, Yujin chuckles and decide to giant baby.

 

“Like what you see? You’re gonna my personal tutor, so only you’ll have this view.” Yujin winked.

 

“W-what?” Wonyoung didn’t expect such statement from Yujin.

 

“God, you’re so cute Wonyoung! I’m just teasing my giant baby, you’re too adorable with that shocked expressiong seeing me like this. I know I’m hot but you didn’t need to be obvious. And… Ouch! What was that for Wonyoung-ieee?”

 

Yujin whined because Wonyoung just smacked her head.

 

“If you could use your teasing skills in exam and your energy in studying, I think you won’t need me to tutor you, unnie.” Wonyoung said.

 

“Aigoo, don’t be mad, it doesn’t suit your cute face.”

 

“Come on, unnie, let’s get this started.” Wonyoung doesn’t want to hear any more flirting from Yujin, because she’s sure she can’t take so much flirting from the puppy.

 

Two Hours Later

 

“I think it’s enough for today unnie, you’re good at this, I don’t understand why you need me tutoring you, you could just study for yourself and I’m sure you’ll get good grades.” Wonyoung smiles but frowning a little because Yujin is sure smart but she’s just too lazy to study.

 

“Aniya, it must be you’re so good in tutoring that my dumb self has reach an enlightment.” Yujin smiles.

 

“You could just try study on your own unnie, I believe you can do it.” Wonyoung said. Actually she wants to keep tutoring her unnie because it means she can spend more time with Yujin, but Wonyoung fears that she’ll ed up because Yujin is not helping at all when Yujin kisses her cheecks everytime Wonyoung helps her to solve a question.

 

“Nope, I want you to keep tutoring me. Thank you Wonyoung for today, good night.” Yujin hugs Wonyoung and kisses her forehead. With that, Yujin leaves to her own room.

 

‘How can I survive without falling for her?’ Wonyoung thought to herself and burried her face to her pillow while smiling like an idiot.

 

Little did Wonyoung know, Yujin is smiling too in her room. A smile that means something more.