Luves

(HIATUS)IZ*ONE SAGA: 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Upon regaining her consciousness, Nako realized the truth regarding Ace’s condition and is surprised seeing Minjoo’s condition worsened by an unknown curse. The brain of the group urge them to find Yena and Chaewon before it’s too late…

***

“What are you talking about, Nako? Why would Yena and Chaewon killing each other?”

Eunbi couldn’t hold herself from being worried at Nako’s ominous words though she can’t say for sure that she didn’t anticipate such news coning to them. She witness how the gentle Minjoo and kind Chaeyeon almost grabbed each other’s neck while they’re in Destine. The leader felt remorseful for leaving her sisters for a year, which pushed them to act out of their true character. She wouldn’t know for sure what kind of situation befall upon the girls, making them turned violent.

“Luves, isn’t that the beast men territory?”

Chaeyeon’s voice chimes in  as she assist Minjoo to take a seat at the side of Nako’s bed. As for Eunbi, this is her first time hearing that new name. Of course, their journey in Wiz Land is so short as they’re being desperate in running away from Poseidon’s touch. Thus, Eunbi decides to ask for more information before they are making their move.

“Wait, wait, wait. Where is this Luves anyway?”

The other three girl turned their head towards Eunbi as they totally forgotten the fact that Eunbi didn’t have much chance in exploring Wizland yet. Thus, Nako asked Chaeyeon to bring out the latest map while Minjoo is explaining Wizland current geography to Eunbi.

“Unnie, there’s a lot of changes occurred in this land for the last few months. Appearance of new dungeons, land expansion and few new cities established causes some uproar so far.”

Minjoo tried her best to summarize every occurrence to inform Eunbi which stunned the leader. She is at loss of words as she take a look at the newest map presented by both Chaeyeon and Nako.

Wizland New Age Map:

https://twitter.com/acieleailc/status/1299650872650076160

Eunbi whistles as she take another closer look to the map and compared it with her old map. She realized that the area around Eailc, the second place that all the girls visited after Commencer is growing. Not only that, there’s a surge of mountain range suddenly emerge at the north of Eailc. She also noticed that there’s a few more new town appear which she guess that might be the new settlement after she’s gone briefly from Wizland. She is utterly confused as she couldn’t comprehend their current situation at all.

“I know. We are all also couldn’t tell how would this land undergoes such drastic changes since our last battle with Poseidon.”

"That battle, huh?"

Chills send to Eunbi's spinal cord as she reminisces her desperate call in order to defeat Poseidon. His words are still ringing in her mind as the sea deity claims that a bigger disaster will befall later but she didn't know for sure where it will take place.

Maybe those disasters are our separation? It's surely an unfavorable condition for us but why with this peculiar phenomenon?

Her mind is buzzing with questions as Eunbi keeps staring at the map. She knows that they will get nothing by sitting there without doing anything and thus, Eunbi agrees with Nako's suggestion which is departing to the new town which is a beast men territory called Luves.

"We'll ride our familiar at dawn. Make sure that every proper preparation has already settled before we go there, understood?"

"Crystal!"

For sure, those three girls feel like they are at home last. They sure are missing listening to Eunbi giving away her precise order again with that tender voice of her. Maybe, their leader will be able to gather their other sisters too. They try messaging the others but it seems like their communication is cut off.

I just hope that nothing will happen tomorrow.

***

A haggard breath can be heard inside the cramped space as a certain girl is covered with her sweats as she tried her best fighting her nightmare.

“Ugh, no! Don’t kill her! Pick me, kill me instead!”

Her grunts intensifies as she is panting alone before screaming her lungs out.

“NO!!!”

She pushed away her cloud blanket as she jolted awake by her nightmares. Her heart is thumping loud, indicating that her nightmare is realistic enough to push her mind into a state of confusion. Her eyes blinking rapidly, trying her best to adjust with the dim room. She took quite a few moment to realize that she had been dreaming.

Only her haggard breathe filled the room as she tried stabilizing herself. A soft beep sound on her neck makes the girl grimaced as she was slapped by the reality which she consider even worse than her previous nightmare. Visible eyebags formed under her eyes, indicating that the girl had lack of rest and a good quality sleep. She brought her right hand towards her face as she uttered something to the mysterious device attached on her slender arm.

“It’s C1, here. What’s the current status?”

“Ah, Sihwan! We’re about to contact you. There’s a sighting of Holy Army nearing Luves. Can you handle it?”

“I told you that its C1, ugh whatever.”

The girl sighed as she picked up herself and getting ready. There’s nothing better than busying herself rather than pondering about some nightmare. She took a sharp stone by her bed and carved another line on the wall as she stares at the lines which almost filled one side of the room.

I wonder for how long I must stay here.

She wonder as she equipped her most treasured sword. She had lost her track of time when she meet this certain organization. Was it around three months ago? She need to recount all of those lines on the wall again after completing her mission.

“Hey partner, it’s time for us to go on action again!”

Unlike her who is full of spirit, her partner seems unwell which makes the girl baffled.

“What’s wrong? Are you sick?”

Even though she is asking with much concern, her partner didn’t seem to respond to her kindness at all. Instead, her partner tried slashing off her neck which threw her off-balance.

“You crazy lizard! Such a bastard!”

Out of nowhere, her heart and mind is filled with rage as the girl used her sword to cut the dragon who does nothing in protecting itself. As blood oozing out from it’s body, the dragon whimper as it couldn’t stand seeing its master turned into lunatic.

“What’s with that defiant eyes? You’re still mocking me over my decision?!”

“Sihwan! We need you at the frontline now!”

Her bout of rage is halted upon hearing a stern voice over the device on her arms. She pouted as she replied, “Gimme the meds first then I’ll go!”

“You know the rules, you did a work and then you’re rewarded!”

“No, today I want it first before I go or you just asked for other rider!”

The speaker at the end of the other line grumbles as typing sound can be heard at the background while other voices are chiming mixed, maybe discussing over her demand. She is whistling while using the end of her feet to touch the injured dragon, awaiting for it’s reaction. Before she can disciplined her partner again, she heard clanking sound outside of her room which made the girl beamed with happiness.

“Oh, the meds are here! Now I can start my job with ease!”

She took out a black colored pill and gulped it down as she can feel her body is filled with enormous energy. Now, she is sure that she can achieve anything with her current condition. She laugh deliriously as she tugged her partner’s collar alongside her, ready to embark on her mission. Unbeknownst to the girl, a desperate whisper is hoping for a miracle to come for their salvation.

Anybody, please, save us! Before it’s too late!

***

Eunbi turned her head towards the sky as she heard some faint whisper just now. The leader frowned as she tried searching for the source of that forlorn voice, as if it was crying for help. Her heart is filled with worries now as Nako’s words are still weighing her mind. Her min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter