Enemy

(HIATUS)IZ*ONE SAGA: 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How can you be so sure of that?"

 

Eunbi crawled closer towards Chaeyeon as the girl is currently petrified on her spot. Chaeyeon seems to hesitate for a little bit before waving her hand in the air, showing her Map function which has three blue dots blinking near to each other.

 

"Look, these three dots suddenly appeared when I'm in contact with you girls. Before, such things never happened, not even when we are all together after the final fight with Poseidon."

 

The leader stares intently into the map and she can see a total of three dots blinking within the same place. Suddenly, she remembered a certain memory from their past and questioned Chaeyeon.

 

"Hey, do you remember when both Yujin and Wonyoung dashed away on our way to Eailc? You did say that they both maybe know some hidden function of Map and Search skill."

 

Sudden realization hit Chaeyeon when Eunbi mentioned about a certain distant memory.

 

"Eunbi, you're a genius!"

 

She clasped Eunbi's hands while exclaiming exuberantly. Afterwards, she waved her hands around, frantically punching the air with serious expression, frown formed on Chaeyeon's perfect, smooth forehead as she's busy concentrating doing something out of Eunbi's understanding.

 

"Bingo! I get it now!"

 

The girl's sudden cheers surprised Eunbi as she stared into the empty space mindlessly.

 

"What? I don't get you."

 

"Here, I figured out something as you remind me about Yujin and Wonyoung. I did remember asking Yujin how she and Wonyoung manage to detect the enemy even though we are literally miles away."

 

Chaeyeon patiently explained while her hands hovering away on the Map which floats in front of them.

 

"She tells me that she utilized 'Danger Sense' skills and combined it with the Map and Search function, making us get… This!"

 

A final click on the Map reveals countless dots on the Map and Eunbi is surprised observing those moving dots on the Map. A small exclaim escapes as she realizes the awesomeness of Chaeyeon's discovery.

 

"This is lit! So all we have to do is searching for blue dots, right?"

 

"Yep, and maybe we can gather as twelve again, sooner than we expected!"

 

The wolf's master grinned as she can't wait to meet with her sisters. She wants to apologize to them and expressed how much she loved them all this time without holding back. 

 

"So, I guess that your assumption is correct as I see this blue dot is surrounded by red dots?"

 

"What? Oh damn, we need to go there and save her!"

 

The girl leaped from the bed and ready to rush over towards the place as anxiousness rushing into her head. However, those adrenaline rush suddenly stopped as someone is pulling the collar of her shirt from behind.

 

"Eunbi, I'm choking, I'm choking!"

 

"Oh, sorry for that but I don't think that I can stop you if I didn't do this."

 

Without any hesitation, Eunbi lifted Chaeyeon and threw her onto the bed while pinning the girl down. Their faces just inches away from each other, with Chaeyeon's breath intensified as her eyes gaze into Eunbi's pair of soft, pink lips.

 

"Hey, you know that it's unwise to rush into enemies' lair in the middle of the night, right?"

 

"Has? I-I'm… Urm-"

 

Who can ever think that Chaeyeon will lose her ability to speak when Eunbi is this close to her. Obviously, not even Chaeyeon herself is anticipating such situations to happen. She shifted her gaze away from Eunbi who had this stern look in her eyes.

 

"Think carefully, Chaeyeon. If what you say is true, maybe the one who rides the Griffin is having her own plan. That's why, we must not act rash no matter what. Let's think over and execute our plan at dawn, preferably with Minjoo. I don't want to leave her behind alone."

 

Realization hits Chaeyeon as she carefully listens to Eunbi's words. A rush of shame washed inside her as again, she failed to think about others and wanted to rush in by herself without proper preparation. 

 

"I'm sorry for not thinking it through, Eunbi."

 

She sunk her head in shame as she is disappointing herself.

 

"No need to be so hard on yourself, Chaeyeon. People make mistakes, alright? You can learn from this and become better everyday, okay?"

 

Eunbi pulled the girl into an embrace. She knows how much Chaeyeon always blamed herself when something didn't went through accordingly. She is the witness of how much Chaeyeon put her effort to ensure everything is perfect. She sees the girl struggling and never yield to the pressure. 

 

This time, Eunbi wants to offer her help to Chaeyeon. The girl has went through such an arduous moment, surviving in this peculiar forest so that she can find a cure to Minjoo's curse. Now, Eunbi is sure that her girls didn't change at all. Maybe, their surroundings pushed the girls to act out of their character but their good nature is still there, hiding within themselves.

 

"Now, shall we discuss things through?"

***

"Eunbi? Chaeyeon?"

 

A certain girl opened her eyes and she sees unfamiliar looking room greeted her. Minjoo jolted awake from the bed, scurrying away to find her friends. A sudden delicious smell wafted inside the house, inviting Minjoo to search for the source and eventually bringing the groggy girl into a small, simple kitchen.

 

"Oh, you're awake already?"

 

The sight of Eunbi with ponytail registered into her mind and Minjoo smiles lovingly. 

 

"Is your body feeling alright?"

 

Another voice greeted her with a sudden touch on her wide forehead. She can see Chaeyeon who is looking worried while bringing a few cans of food in her arms with Maki following her.

 

"Ah, I'm feeling fine."

 

Minjoo is choking with tears as she really missed this kind of view. Even though they are far from being complete, thos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter