Tearful Reunion

(HIATUS)IZ*ONE SAGA: 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Eunbi and Minjoo reunited with Chaeyeon and they discovered a hidden search function which allowed them tracks their sisters. Noticing that one of them is surrounded within enemies' lair, the trio decided retrieving their member back via an ambush which failed miserably...

***

Rustles and jostles can be heard around the small hut, arouses a certain girl to wake up from her brief dream. She can feel stinging pain registered into her nerve as she tries moving her arms, allowing a soft groan escapes which is enough to divert the only other people towards her.

 

"Oi, kid. Don't move just yet."

 

A certain guy with messy wavy black hair clicked his tongue as he skillfully helped the girl into sitting position while ensuring that the girl is covered with a fluffy blanket. Before the girl even answers, he brings over a bowl of clear looking soup towards the girl and takes a seat beside the bed. A frown is visible on his scruffy forehead as he tried feeding the injured girl.

 

"Really now, you would've been dead meat a long time ago if I didn't treat you right away."

 

He snarled while scooping the soup and bringing it to the girl's mouth. The girl silently slurped the soup, allowing the hot liquid running down into her empty, growling stomach. 

 

"What do you even think, running straight into the battle where two opponents launched their attacks? You have a dead wish, Sky?"

 

The man scornfully scolded Sky who is just keeping mum all this time. Either the girl is too fazed by her sudden injury or due to the fact that she met her sisters after quite some time.

 

"Ace, you didn't hurt them, right?"

 

"You're really stupid, Sky."

 

The man named Ace sighed as he put away the empty bowl into the sink. He knows that Sky is a girl with few words, always shrouded with mystery and is stubborn. He wonders why he even helped the girl from the beginning. Maybe it's due to her resolute eyes? Or maybe he is just that desperate to find a mate to share stories after being in Destiné for quite a period.

 

"Answer me, Ace."

 

For some reason, Sky seems agitated, pushing the guy to answer her question.

 

"Of course I didn't touch them, Sky."

 

He is now sitting beside Sky while wearing his serious expression.

 

"Now you tell me what is happening? Who are the girls? I thought that your sisters are all separated? Why would they suddenly attack us?"

 

Of course, Ace is bedazzled when he is suddenly being assaulted by some strangers out of nowhere. He only did the right thing which is defending himself and his companions. As much as he wants to punish those girls for hurting Sky, he isn't an unreasonable man. When Sky pleaded with him not to hurt them, he knew that the girl might have her own reasons and now, he wants to know the answer.

 

Sky fiddled with her fingers as she tried arranging her words while gulping hard. She knows that she didn't give any justice to Ace even though the guy helped her a lot. Sky even regards Ace as her mentor, the one who guides her in upgrading her skills. All this time, she is unsure if Ace is a trustable guy but after spending time with him, Sky is now sure to share her secret with this certain grizzly looking man.

 

“Say, Ace. Can you keep a secret?”

 

“I’m all ears for you, Sky.”

 

“Actually…”

***

"Minjoo! What is going on? Why would you suddenly freaking out in the middle of the battle?"

 

Noise of yells causing birds scattered from trees. The atmosphere within the humble hut is quite fiery with Chaeyeon just inches away from attacking Minjoo who is in a daze.

 

"Chaeyeon, calm down! Put Minjoo down!"

 

Eunbi who is equally surprised trying her best to ease the tense situation, avoiding her newly found sisters bickering over a little nuisance in their plan.

 

"I can't attack them!"

 

"And why in the world you can't do that? Not that you're going to kill them!"

 

Veins are popping on Chaeyeon's neck as she is having great difficulties in controlling her anger. They could have met one of their sisters again if Minjoo didn't hesitate and stopped attacking out of sudden. She loathed this indecisive side of Minjoo as she knows that one moment of doubt will cost them more than a life.

 

Before the situation worsening, there's a sudden knock heard from the front door which makes the girls snapped out from their bickering. Eunbi looks at Chaeyeon and Minjoo who is still in a daze before taking a deep breath herself. She didn't dare to open the door leisurely as she knows, Destiné isn't a place where one can put their guards down. Thus, Eunbi opened her Map and surprised seeing a big blue dot blinking in front of their hut.

 

"Could it be?"

 

She want to open the door badly but still want to exercise caution. Creeping as slow as she can towards the door, Eunbi tried calling out the uninvited guest.

 

"Who are you? What kind of business you got with us?"

 

"I'm sorry to bother you all now but can we talk?"

 

Upon listening to that voice, the trio just look at each other with utter confusion painted on their face.

***

"You know that you can rest for today, Sky."

 

Ace is frowning while having his deepest sigh as he observed his disciple, Sky is busy doing her round to check the Griffin's condition. Although he tried his best to refrain this girl from moving, Sky didn't seem to listen at all. He wondered why this kid is super stubborn almost at all times. He noticed that Sky seems to be in a rush but that kid tried hiding it from him, like Ace wouldn't see those hastiness in Sky's move.

 

"I'm alright, Ace! Come on, we need to move now. Your delay will affect our plan!"

 

His disciple didn't bother to turn her head towards Ace at all, ticking the guy with annoyance. He sure understand that Sky is short in time as per the story she told him last night but he feels that there's something being left hidden. Deciding not to push Sky, Ace is keeping silence about his thoughts for now.

 

"Wait for me, you runt!"

 

Ace roared at the giggling Sky while trying his best to chase the sneaky girl. He isn't sure why would he feel quite sentimental at the moment, 

 

What is this heavy, lingering thing swirling in my chest?

 

He questioned himself but quickly dismissed that depressing thought as he glided through the wind and ride alongside Sky. They both had a great mission ahead to be accomplished.

 

"Ready to rumble, Ace?"

 

Sky winked at the grizzly young man while smirking, trying to tease Ace who seems spacing out more than usual. All this time, Sky thought that she is the one that used to look blankly at the space. Maybe Ace just picking up her habits and copied it involuntarily. She shrugged it off when Ace flicked her mask as he flew away from Sky while uttering, "Don't hurt yourself, Sky! Let's finish this as safe as we can."

 

A smile creeping on Sky's face as she heard Ace's words. She flashes her thumbs as they both together with their group of Griffin is heading towards a lair where their enemies are waiting for their arrival.

 

"Let's rock this!"

***

Upon arrival at their designated rendezvous point, Sky guided her ride carefully and landed exactly beside Ace who is looking serious while staring at a parchment in his hands. She took a peek at the written document, trying to get a better understanding of their current situation.

 

"Not good, Sky. It seems that they already aware of our movement and moved that thing to the other place."

 

Sounding frustrated, Ace clicked his tongue while scribbling something onto another parchment, maybe devising another prompt plan for their guide. Sky is surprised at this fact because they already confirmed that those thing won't be moved in another week. Maybe there's something happened causing those people from inside to change it abruptly?

 

"It's alright, we can pull this for sure. Just be careful as they might plant some traps for us."

 

Ace flicked Sky's mask right on her forehead while grinning, trying his best to reassure the girl. Sure, he is suspicious of their target movement's as everything is too much to be called as coincidence. He had a hunch that maybe, his movement is being monitored somehow. The bear-like guy clenched his fang necklace that is dangling outside from his shirt while trying his best to not falter before rushing into enemies' turf.

 

"Right, so I'll go first! Smell ya later, Ace!"

 

Sky dashed away from Ace as soon as she memorized their new plan. The girl skillfully maneuvers through the pyramid-like temple while accessing a secret entrance that they discovered a few months back. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter