Her Reason

(HIATUS)IZ*ONE SAGA: 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Yena is readying herself to erase every Dark Spot from Wizland but Chaewon on the other hand is more than ready to spread even more Dark Spot throughout the land. In the meantime, Minjoo’s real job in Wizland is revealed…

***

“Minjoo, you’re a what?”

Eunbi couldn’t fully understand the phrase that Minjoo just uttered. A soft smile escapes Minjoo’s pair of lips as she holds Eunbi’s hands tightly before staring directly into the leader’s eyes.

“It’s more like I can predict or see the future, unnie.”

“So you’re saying that you know what might happen?”

A nod from Minjoo sends Eunbi into confusion. She took a few moments to let those information sink inside her head while caressing Minjoo's trembling hands using her thumbs. There’s still a lot of things that Eunbi couldn’t understand but first, she need to collect more information regarding Minjoo’s job that might be crucial for all of them.

“Are you kind of a prophet, Minjoo? You know, seeing the future and turning it into salvation for all of the living beings in Wizland?”

“I’m not, unnie. I can just see tiny pieces of the future, not all of it. I also can’t say for sure when it will happen.”

“But everything you see turns out to be true somehow at a certain point?”

Upon receiving a small nod as a form of affirmation from Minjoo, Eunbi is finally able to comprehend the graveness of their situation at the moment. Anxiety painted on the leader’s face as she recollected Minjoo’s words about saving both Yena and Chaewon from being killed. Rush of urgency exploded inside Eunbi’s body as she called out both Nako and Chaeyeon to follow her into a separate room. Now that she understands their situation, Eunbi knows that she can function better with the guide and knowledge from these two girls.

“Let’s pinpoint where the Dark Spot spread and when it was purified one by one.”

“This is what I have for now. I compiled all of those scattered data and turned it into this map.”

As expected, Nako skillfully brought out a few parchment which she already mapped a few places with different colors. Eunbi is surprised seeing the petite girl’s efficiency but she is glad to have Nako at her side, helping the leader sort out every hurdle thrown at them with ease.

“From what I heard from a few information brokers, the owner of Holy Sword is cooperating with the Church in order to purify the tarnished land.”

Chaeyeon shared her precious information while mentioning a few current situations to brief Eunbi about their overall situation and issues that might be related to their sisters.

“That must be Yena. I heard that she joined force with Wiz Knight recently.”

Nako replied while exchanging a few silent glances with her partner Sora. It seems that the bright girl dispatched her slime’s clone to a few different places so that they can detect the emergence of Dark Spot before anyone does.

“Holy Sword? That Solar Jaune is a Holy Sword?”

This is a new revelation to Eunbi as she never thought that such an important weapon was alongside them all this time. A new light shines upon her, opening Eunbi’s eyes in a new perspective which teaches her to be alerted a bit more about things revolving around her as well as her sisters.

“Take it with a grain of salt, Eunbi unnie. I couldn’t approve this rumor yet but I do hear that the owner of the Curse Sword is currently under a Demon King’s cult wings.”

“What the actual fu-”

Fortunately, Eunbi manages to stop her tongue from cursing as she steals a glance at Nako who looks undisturbed.

“Unnie, I’m already 20 years old so cursing is allowed in front of me.”

Shrugging her shoulders, Nako just sketched something at lightning speed onto the parchment while Eunbi used her knuckles to knock her own head. She is scolding herself for letting her mind be occupied with unnecessary thoughts of Yena and Chaewon killing each other as per Minjoo’s premonition.

The sensible leader then took a seat in front of busy Nako, Eunbi picked up a map and tried integrating data obtained into her Map function, fiddling around mindlessly. What she didn’t expect is when a loud beep can be heard throughout the house which startled Eunbi the most due to the ear-deafening sound.

“What did you do, Eunbi unnie?”

Nako is quick on her feet as she literally jumps over across the table as she monitors Eunbi’s map. Amazement dawned upon Nako’s face as she realized the reasons behind this alarming noise made by Eunbi.

“This is brilliant! Everyone, get ready to leave at once!”

The ever confused Eunbi couldn’t grasp behind Nako’s delighted voice as she picked herself up from the floor, aided by the smaller girl. Eunbi scratches her head while questioning Nako about her sudden announcement and reasons behind Nako’s overjoyed expression at the moment.

“Of course I would be fascinated right now, Eunbi unnie. You manage to combine my hard earned data with our skills. This way, we can track the next Dark Spot appearance as well as estimating the time of arrival for the Holy Knight to clear those infected land!”

“Though I don’t fully understand, I guess I did a great job?”

Eunbi shrugged as she joined the other girls in making preparation to meet their sisters, Yena and Chaewon. Even though she knows that both of the girls are on different sides, Eunbi just hoped that they wouldn’t go as far as killing each other.

Why is it that my heart felt uneasy?

She clenched her chest while hoping that nothing bad will actually happen and wishing that only this once, Minjoo’s prediction about Yena and Chaewon killing each other won’t come true.

***

“Sihwan, can you copy me?”

A loud static can be heard at the end of the line, causing a visible frown to emerge on Chaewon’s face as she fixed her earpiece while preparing her spells. Different from the other days where she utilized her long-range spells, today she thought that it might be nice to take some fresh air.

No, it isn’t the actual reason for sure. Chaewon decides to come out as she is finally able to see that certain person again. It’s been a long time since she is fighting with this burning fire inside her which slowly but surely consumes Chaewon. She thought that she had this thing under control after forming a contract with her partner, Ciel the Dark Dragon but she is wrong. The bla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter