Her Promise

(HIATUS)IZ*ONE SAGA: 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Gearing up herself to help Yuri regain her consciousness, Yena is working hard in purifying Dark Spots across Wizland. A sudden request from the church urged Yena to deal an intense mana accumulation in Luves which will adversely affect Yuri which pushed Yena in confronting the Dark Knight. Battles initiate between the two forces and Yena emerges victorious at the cost of a dear friend’s life…

***

Images of Chaewon’s body falling on the ground with a tight smile carved on that bloody face haunted Minjoo’s mind. She can see nothing but Chaewon’s still body with blood oozing from her wound. Her fingers turned ice cold as she approached Chaewon whose eyes never opened again.

No, Chaewon is supposed to greet her with those doe-like eyes which bears a galaxy. The older Kim makes a promise to return to Minjoo's side as fast as she can and knowing Chaewon, the girl never breaks her promise. Not even once.

Heart shattering wails filled the devastated land as her tears duct slowly let loose beads of tears which she held in all this time. She told herself that in time, she will be reunited with Chaewon and her sisters again and Minjoo pushed herself to fight with this life-eating curse to see that day. However, her wish seems to be far fetched already as Chaewon's still body lies on the ground beside Yena who threw away her knight’s helmet.

“Chaewon-ah…”

Minjoo couldn’t feel her knees upon approaching Chaewon who didn’t answer her call. Chaewon never did that, the older girl often answering Minjoo’s call. Her trembling fingers traces Chaewon’s wound while trying her best to cast the highest level of healing spell that she knows. Maybe Chaewon just fainted, she thought. Minjoo often sees a person fainted due to excessive loss of blood and she thought maybe Chaewon is just the same.

“High Heal!”

She squeaked as she carefully laid Chaewon’s small head onto her lap before casting the spell. Golden specks of light envelops Chaewon’s body and Minjoo thought that maybe Chaewon can still be saved. Thus, she expends all of her mana in healing Chaewon but even though she almost spend all of it, color didn’t return to Chaewon’s face. The girl’s warm body slowly loses its heat and Minjoo knows why but refuses to give in.

“No, don’t die! Don’t die, Kim Chaewon!”

Her last string of sanity snapped as Minjoo tried to increase output of her healing spell but that attempt is being broken when Chaewon’s body refuses to receive any amount of mana. At that dreadful moment, the announcement that she hoped to not hear suddenly rings in everybody’s ears.

[INITIATING A PERSON TO BE DEPORTED BACK]

[…]

[KIM CHAEWON IS DEEMED AS DEAD]

[…]

[COMMENCING PROCESS IN A MINUTE]

***

“What the fudge?! Yena, why would you kill her?!”

Chaeyeon grabbed Yena by her armor before throwing a punch landed on the tear stricken face of the Holy Knight. Yena didn’t bother to hit Chaeyeon back as she was too bedazzled by the announcement. No, she didn’t mean this to happen. All along, she is just working hard to wake Yuri up and then regrouped with her sisters. She never thought of killing them with her own hands.

Her lungs feel tight as Yena’s whole body is shaken upon seeing blood within her hands, alternating her confused gaze with Chaewon who is in Minjoo’s arms.

No, this must not be the truth.

Another punch comes from her right which sends Yena groveling on the shattered ground. Weird, she didn’t feel any pain at all, as if her pain receptor already ceased from functioning. She must be dreaming, Yena told herself as she is being hit multiple times by Chaeyeon who is cursing at her.

“Chaeyeon-ah, please stop this.”

That voice, the one she had been searching all this time. The reason why all of them separated so that they can find her again. Yena can barely see their leader, Kwon Eunbi with her swollen eyes. She can finally feel something is being forcefully dragged from her, lifting some weight from her upper body.

“Don’t you dare become the second person to die now, Choi Yena.”

A cold voice with an apparent runny nose approached Yena before pouring a bottle of green liquid on Yena's body, allowing a warm sense enveloped her. At that moment, stings of pain suddenly attacked her, pushing Yena to groan in agony as she tried fetching her breath.

“Nako… Your face… Why…”

Before she can talk further, her words are being cut by an ear shattering yell.

“Y-you killed Chaewon!”

A remorseful voice roared in the middle of the loud announcement of counting down for Chaewon’s departure to who knows where.

“Stop it, Chaeyeon!”

Eunbi is having a hard time containing Chaeyeon who went berserk. If anything, Eunbi is the one to be blamed as she is too slow in making decisions. If only she was able to trust Minjoo earlier and took necessary action, maybe Chaewon and Yena do not need to fight each other. She tightened her arms around Chaeyeon’s waist as she was too overwhelmed by this sudden turn of events.

This is all my fault!

[COUNTDOWN INITIATED…]

“CHAEWON!!!”

Five voices yelled out the same name as Chaewon's body slowly disintegrated into small, golden particles and flew in the air as the timer ran out of time.

***

Wake up!

She can feel an urgent voice screaming in her ears but her eyes are too heavy at this moment. It is weird as she can feel a cold sensation slowly taking over her body as she floats across this eerily quiet place. Sounds of water running is the only thing accompanying her, minus this annoying voice who keeps on calling her with various indecent nicknames.

You stupid radish, wake up already!

Splashes of cold water jolted her awake as she regained control of her body. Pangs o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter