Ice Breaker

Rogue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Morning came as I heard a rooster made its sound to start a brand new day. It was only the second day of camp but why does it felt like we worked a lot now?

 

As this wasn't really the usually summer camp, as this was a demigod camp, the bell would ring on 8am and all were expected to be at the center camp in 8:15am. As it was now just ten minutes to eight in the morning, I got up and did my morning ritual in my bathroom and then set my bed as perfect as possible.

 

If I was correct then the satyr would conjure an activity to be made in the day as maybe some rock climbing or something will commence.

 

But what I didn't expect was the look on the satyr's face when we all pulled in the center of camp as the bell rang 8:15 in the morning. What I didn't expect was what he did next.

 

"Good morning campers! Did you had a good sleep? I hope so, as we will have a new activity that will set on action now. The main purpose of this activity was to better the connection and relation of every each one of you here, with each other."

 

Well that was new. It was a wonder they change it or better yet, made a new one as they satyrs were one hell of a lazy bum. I turned to Jihyo as she also exhibited a confused face.

 

"Now, listen boys and girls, you are welcome to create groups to your liking. No cabin rules are implemented here therefore, you can team up with someone on a different cabin. Another fact is that the number of person on a team is not important, so long that you made a team, nonetheless."

 

The satyr pointed to the loudening voice of some boys in the back. "Now, that is all right." He pointed at the large group of boys that were arguing with something. "I don't care if you will expand your group to twenty, it's all right as long as you're a functional group and an obeying one with our activity right now."

 

Now, everyone was excited as they pointed fingers and made gestures to fellow demigods, even if they weren't in the same cabin or not. But I only stood there, waiting for the time to go away soon.

 

"Young campers, this is the start of your groups!" 

 

Everybody scrambled away and together to form groups. Old friends would like formed their team as they already know each other. Just like how Bae Irene walked to a four membered group full of girls that belong on different cabins. Now they were five. One group of four women individuals were also formed as another nine membered girl team was formed in the same time. Another five membered group was formed under pressure as they just bundled themselves up with each other but with matching smiles in their faces.

 

As almost everyone formed their own groups, I was left with no one. As I was somewhat of a loner in here and nobody really chatted up with me except for maybe that Hermes kid, I don't really have someone to talk to.

 

I stared right ahead but was confused as I wasn't really the only one that wasn't grouped up. There were twelve girls including me in here that were still standing in the center. I surveyed the girls and some were familiar faces like that frog like aphrodite beauty and that Hermes prankster.

 

A certain Athena kid stepped forward. "Uhm, guess that we're the only ones left without a group?"

 

Almost everybody nodded except for me and the Dionysus kid who was now drinking wine early in the morning. I flashed my confused eyes on her but she only answered me with an aloof smile.

 

"Then let's just form a group!" Shouted an overly excited Ares kid.

 

The Hermes prankster smirked at her. "Hey, Ahn Yujin is finally stepping up her game, huh?"

 

"What did you say Yena unnie!?"

 

Before anything could go wrong though, the Athena girl separated them as she nodded her head to the idea of forming a group to ourselves. 

 

"As maybe the nation picked us to be a final group then we shall serve what's best!"

 

Cheers were heard from our little circle as they prepared to introduce each other to official be a team member. "I shall then do the honors." The Athena kid said.

 

"Greetings, I'm Kwon Eunbi from the Athena Cabin."

 

The Hermes kid was next. "Hello! I'm Choi Yena and fun fact, everyone likes to link me with ducks as they say that I resembled them quite a lot."

 

Come to think of it though, she really looked like a duck with her pouty lips.

 

For sure, the Ares kid wouldn't back down to the challenge as she introduced next. "Everyone! I'm Ahn Yujin and I look like a puppy uwu." She then demonstrated a puppy smile.

 

I almost cooed at the look on her face.

 

"A-Ah...hi! I'm Kim Minjoo from the---" she was cut off by the offending puppy.

 

"From the Aphrodite Cabin! We know! Omo, Minjoo unnie you're so pretty~" Ahn Yujin gushed.

 

The Aphrodite girl blushed as she waved her hand dismissively. "Ani, ani... I wasn't that pretty...though my sisters are..." 

 

Why does when she still denied her prettiness, she may have become prettier when she did that, just...how?

 

Next was the drunkard girl from the cavern. "Kim Chaewon. Dionysus Cabin."

 

Next was the ever so hungry girl from the Ares Cabin again as I was flabbergasted that she brought a cookie with her, and now she was still chewing on it.

 

"Kang Hyewon. A foodie."

 

We pretty much sweatdropped by the fact that we all could guess that she was a glutton.

 

Another Aphrodite kid was with us as she towered beside Kim Minjoo.

 

"Yo! Nice to meet you, I'm Jang Wonyoung from Aphrodite Cabin also." She was cheerful and full of aegyo and why does she said her lines like she was campaigning for the presidency?

 

She turned to her side and cutely smiled to the smallest demigod in the world.

 

Oopss!!

 

Maybe she heard it from my mind as she turned to glare at me without me even saying a word. LOL.

 

"I'm Yabuki Nako, from the Demeter Cabin."

 

"Hiya! I'm Lee Chaeyeon also from the Demeter Cabin!"

 

Seemed like this other Demeter child wasn't glaring daggers at me as she spoke as we were all blessed from her earthy smile just like how you appreciate nature without the plastics and chemicals to pollute them.

 

Came next was the duo of Hestia kids as they were holding hands tight as I observed that perhaps they were scared.

 

I scoffed when I heard the smallest demigod possible whispered the words on her fellow cabinmates's ear as she said, "Maybe it's because the Hades spawn is here."

 

"Now Nako-ah, that's not very good to say." The other girl whispered also.

 

"H-Hi! We are from Hestia Cabin, and I'm Yuri," the girl without the fat cheeks said then pointed at her fellow cabinmate. "And this is Hicchan. She's not really fluent in korean so..."

 

Those cheeks were going to be my hopes and dreams, I could just feel it!

 

As I was imagining pinching those rounded cheeks, I felt a tap on my shoulder as the Athena girl gazed at me with a worried look. I only nodded at her then began my short introduction.

 

"Miyawaki Sakura. Hades Cabin."

 

I was bored and I'm just waiting for this ice breaker to end but I heard some whispering nearby.

 

"Whoa, she's cold for a hot person, ey?" The drunkard elbowed the person beside her and it happened to be the Aphrodite girl as she looked at her with a teasing smile.

 

The Aphrodite kid only stammered a reply as she hid her blushing cheeks. "I-I suppose s-so..."

 

My eavesdropping was cut off by a hand on my shoulder as I turned and was surprised to be that it was the Athena girl. 

 

"Are you okay?" She said.

 

"Eh?"

 

She developed a conflicted expression. "You know...with the banana incident from yesterday?"

 

I felt my eyes widen as I stared shockingly at her. She nodded when I tilted my head to ask if she were the one that...saved me.

 

"W-Wow..." I stuttered.

 

I didn't know that I would meet the one that save me from that embarrassing accident. Moreover, I would really like to thank that person, whoever may be.

 

Turned out that she was this Athena girl and she was right here, staring at me with a worried look.

 

"So are you fine? Did you have any injuries from the banana peel when you kind of slip? Sorry it's just that you suddenly ran away before I could even check for any injuries..."

 

I was blushing...for real!

 

No person (except for mom, of course) really dared to approach me and even talk with me like her. No one even could worry for me for slipping, maybe people would laugh, yes, but not worried.

 

Not like her!

 

Is she a blessing?

 

Is she an angel?

 

I was only blinking blankly at her as I stammered, "A-Ah! I'm okay, I'm okay..."

 

"No need to worry...hehe" I gained an awkward laugh. As she heard my reply, she sighed in relief.

 

"Glad to know that," she said with a charming smile. "Be careful next time, ne?"

 

"S-Sure, Ms. K-Kwon..."

 

She chuckled. Was it weird to say that it kind of sound heavenly to me?

 

"Just call me Eunbi...though Ms. Kwon kind of made me like some old hag." She said.

 

Should I call her Eunbi? Could I call her Eunbi? Will I call her Eunbi??

 

Goshdammit Sakura behave! She clearly said that you should call her Eunbi.

 

E-U-N-B-I

 

Dang, I'm going mad. I'm talking to myself.

 

"Sure thing, E-Eunbi..." I mentally kicked myself for stuttering in front of an angel.

 

She leaned beside me. "So boss Satyr made rounds awhile ago and I kind of...took the role of leader in our team. Is that okay with you?" Gosh why was she so kind. You can be the leader for all you want I don't even care, just keep talking to me.

 

Okay I sounded so obsessed. Help.

 

"The thing is...all teams are tasked for different chores for today. And the task that we are incharged is lunch time which means...we will prepare the foods and tables for all the campers." 

 

Oh...

 

Well...

 

I think that was good as it was better than being incharged of the toilets or even the boats by the lake.

 

"And though I think, I got lucky? Perhaps as I didn't catch the task of cleaning toilets or the boats and such," she said with an embarrassed laugh. "As I really hate the waters."

 

"That's okay for me, Eunbi..." Her name was still foreign in my mouth as I whispered my reply. She only gave me a smile and raised eyebrows.

 

"Now just stay over here as I go over to our remaining teammates. I'll just give them the instructions and the task." 

 

She was walking away when she turned around abruptly and said, "And later you're coming with me, Sakura."

 

 

~~~

 

 

After twenty minutes or so, Eunbi came back and gave me another of her big smiles perhaps as she urged me to follow her to the camp's kitchen.

 

"It's good that the two eldest will work together ne? Kinda worried of what kind of perception of me to you as maybe I might have come a bit pushy to you. Sorry if I'm like that, I just wanted to have a better atmosphere." She said for awhile.

 

I gave her a small smile as my heartbeat became faster and faster inside of me. Though, the nervousness and giddiness didn't gave away to my mostly blank face. 

 

"Nah Eunbi, I really appreciate you opening up to me as I'm kind of an introvert." I said while scratching the back of my neck with reddened ears. "Though, thank you also for the saving from the banana incident..."

 

I turned and gave her a smile, though even if I'm blushing right now, I still toughen up and let her know that I appreciated her actions.

 

"No problem!"

 

She met my eyes and grinned. That picturesque view kind of stuck in my head as my mind circuited a little bit. I'm sure that I'm as red as a tomato now.

 

Oh how I wish I inherited my mom's tan skin to hide my blushes as I suffer from my pale tone from my dad's.

 

Without further ado, I hid my face on my black shirt as we continued to walk.

 

 

~~~

 

 

I followed Eunbi to the camp's kitchen as she held a key and opened the knob of the door. She opened the door for me to go in and I nodded as thanks. She the lights and the big aircon on the left leaning on the side. She also all of the exhaust fans to prepare the kitchen.

 

The door again opened and came the half of our group that consists of the girls from the Demeter Cabin, the girl with the fat cheeks, and the Ares puppy. Dang, why was the smallest demigod in here with me? 

 

She was currently glaring at me when she saw my presence after she stepped on the kitchen. The other Demeter girl was just smiling widely and was staring all over the place. The Ares

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter