Bonfire

Rogue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was now four in the afternoon when Bae Irene decided to ask a question. We were silent as it came before, just settled in her warm and inviting bed but I wouldn't dare get comfortable in it as she was always watching me like a hawk. 

 

"...Do your parent, speaks to you?"

 

Oh she's probably pertaining to my godly parent who was the ruler of The Underworld. 

 

I developed a wondering look. "Well, not always as dad doesn't bother appearing in the human world."

 

She gave me a raised eyebrow.

 

"I mean, yeah mom said that dad was always by her side when she was pregnant with me and she told me stories of my dad but not much right now...except for the gifts coming from The Underworld when it's my birthday or the letters sent to me from aunt Persephone."

 

"Aunt...Persephone?"

 

I smiled cheekily. "Ah yes, she likes me to call her aunt, makes her closer to me, as she said..."

 

Bae Irene grew a wondrous look on her face. Her eyebrows were scrunched up as she stared down in her comforter. 

 

"The Underworld..."

 

"Did you...see The Underworld?" She followed up with a question.

 

I couldn't really with her wondering eyes and her expectant gaze. "Nah, mom said to not go there. Well, not yet perhaps. But aunt Persephone always urged me to come and visit in her letters."

 

"And dad...he didn't really bother much. Whatever that makes me happy and comfortable is all he said is needed though. Hah! Such a cool man for someone living in hell." I said.

 

I saw Bae Irene crack a smile or two. Well now that's some progress.

 

"I...father invited me once in heaven. And it was wonderful..." She said.

 

I gestured for her to continue.

 

"He would always appear on my dreams. As I'm his current youngest daughter. He showered me gifts and blessings, you name it. And I loved him for that..."

 

She spoke softly with a smile adorned in her face. But why does it tell me that she wasn't really happy, at all?

 

"Heavens, I get to step on heaven and rode their horses with wings in there, that was awesome. But what father told me when I turned eighteen put a stop to all my satisfaction."

 

She turned to me and gave me a conflicted smile. A smile so depressing that I had a hard time looking at.

 

"Sometimes, life would just pull everything away from you as it chose you for its sickest games..."

 

 

~~~

 

 

It was seven in the evening when the bonfire was finally lit. Bae Irene hurriedly shuffled me to go out when the coast was clear and devoid of any human as they all were in the bonfire now in the center.

 

As we walked side by side, I then was remembered what she said to me awhile ago.

 

I walked slowly and away from her as to not alert people that we came here together.

 

"Greetings campers! And I welcome you again to our annual summer camp by the woods!" Said the head and oldest supervisor of the camp who was a satyr.

 

"We would be again be in here for two months as to strengthen our bonds with our godly fathers and mothers, and to form deep relations with our cabin mates."

 

Loud cheers soon followed as all cabins minus mine and Bae Irene's bellowed in joy.

 

"Time for roll call, everyone!"

 

"First up, we have the Hestia Cabin!"

 

Cheers soon followed as boys and girls brought out their cabin flag up in the air to signal the glory of the Hestia Cabin. I surveyed their group and what raised my eyebrow was the girl with fat cheeks that was currently waving their flag like it was nothing. That made me smile a little.

 

 

"Next up, we have the Demeter Cabin!"

 

 

Now this cabin was mostly made up of girls as squeals follow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter