Tribulations of a Bae

Cherry Blossom Crush

 ***************************************

 

-Event Day. 8 Minutes Earlier-


After their small incident yesterday, Hyewon has been deep in thought about her relationship with Sakura for the past day. Even for the short few months she knew of Sakura, she took an interest in the girl as a friend and rival but she’d never thought that she’d fall for her. She’s never been in a relationship before even though she’s been interested in other people be it male or female. She’d be friends with them first but once they get to know her more, they never seem to take interest in anything she likes. It always irritated her that people just thought of her as a beauty whose main hobbies are eating, watching anime and playing games. She loved fashion too and photography too but their interest would always die way before they actually knew the other things she loved.


There were other times where she’ll take interest with someone but then they’ll choose someone else over her right before the relationship would turn into something more. It happened so often that she’d stopped caring and built a wall around herself and became colder to people. She had gotten her name KwangBae from that…..her beautiful appearance that glowed in her photos but with hobbies that didn’t fit her appearance or because it was most suited towards males. KwangBae was male name and people used it against her but after hearing it so much, she took a liking to it and claimed it by not giving a about what people say anymore. “I’m KwangBae.” was her motto and it basically meant “Yeah, what of it?” or “That’s me, so ...?” to her. She found a few friends she took a liking to and that’s all that mattered to her until a certain person came in the picture.


When Sakura or Cherry, as Hyewon knew her then, came with guns blazing in several heated matches of Splatoon months ago, they quickly became rivals after one-upping each other in every match. Trash talk, taunts, trolling with a bit of friendly talk here and there for 4 months straight quickly made them become friends. It wasn’t all trash talk since Sakura only began to learn the Korean language 2 months prior to meeting Hyewon. Sakura would only type simple phrases while Hyewon would correct or help her with easy to understand words after finding out she was Japanese. Since Sakura only wanted to type, it was difficult at first but they eventually learned how to communicate as time went on. They eventually played other games and talked more about their hobbies here and there but not as much as she hoped since Sakura hid much of her past.


When she finally met with Sakura, everything seemed to change. Seeing Sakura for the first time sparked something in her but it was afterward after hearing more about Sakura’s past that made her mind go into overdrive. After the truth came out, Sakura talked with Hyewon and Yena for hours into the night sharing stories, interests and what not about each other. Hyewon finally saw who the real ‘Cherry’ was after wondering for so long and thus her fascination began. She’d talk more, flirt more and tried to show her confidence in hoping to win her over but after seeing Sakura’s interactions with her roommate Minju, she thought she’ll lose her like all the other people she was interested in.


She then confessed….she knew it was way too soon and out of nowhere but she didn’t want to risk losing someone else she had an interest in...especially someone who didn’t make her feel like an outcast. She now sat outside of Sakura and Yena’s dorm after following Yena from outside when she was going towards their dorm anyway. She didn't want Yena noticing her sneaking from behind since he had thoughts running through her mind at that moment. As people passed by her, she’d ignore their looks as she sat beside the dorm’s entrance door complicating each and everything she wanted to say to Sakura.


‘....10:41am huh? I’m glad that Yena didn’t see me creeping behind her.....she definitely would've dragged me in there. What should I say to Kkura? I feel freakin' terrible’.


The girl has been running through her mind for the past day and all she could think about was their final look that they gave each other when she closed the door. It sank her heart. As she sat there in silence for a few minutes, a message came on her phone from a certain someone which surprised her.


“....Kkura! She just messaged me?”


As she typed, many thoughts ran through her head and she just answered in short and simple words but she made sure to apologize to her. She felt a bit happy again that she got to 'speak' to Sakura again and that Sakura didn’t seem to be mad at her. When Sakura asked what time she’ll be there, she made up something randomly and quickly gathered her thoughts as she got up.


“I should just surprise them, that should be fun! Maybe I should just pop in and wave my hands like Yena does when she comes to my dorm. Or maybe I should knock and hide...or…or……..”


*sigh*


She knew there would still be slight tension between her and Sakura even though they messaged each other. She now stood in front of the door and she could hear Yena through it. She was talking to Sakura about some getting some package and as she was about to knock, suddenly the door opened…


‘........Sakura?!’


The instant she saw her, she couldn’t control herself and desperately hugged the girl in front of her. All the thoughts that she planned beforehand was for naught ...she didn’t need one ...her only plan was just to be there with Sakura.


“Surprise.”


-------------------------------


-Outside the University. 10:54am-


Two women were slowly walking side by side outside the University. They were going to the cafe nearby with thoughts running through their mind...both scared to speak up. After their initial hug and a bit of teasing from Yena, Hyewon wanted to join Sakura to get Yena’s package. Their gazes would be on things they would pass by while walking towards their destination but their minds were on each other. After a few minutes of silence, the raven-haired girl finally spoke up.


“.......Kkura?” Hyewon hesitantly spoke up.


“....yes Kangchan?” Sakura answered


“..........I'm sorry.” she whispered.


“About what? You don’t have anything to be sorry about.”


“........no…..I'm gonna be honest with you. I haven't been myself lately…..  ”


Sakura glanced back, seeing Hyewon with her head down. “You haven’t?”


“......yeah…..”


“How so?”


Hyewon took a quick peek at Sakura who was still watching her. “.......well……..I'm usually more calm than this…..but I’ve been acting a little bit over the top lately….”


A slight smile curved on Sakura's lips as she answered back. “You mean all the flirting, jokes and stuff? I actually didn't mind Kangchan.”


“But I do…...I just went a bit too overboard trying to get you to notice me…..especially in front of other people.”


“Kangcha-.”


“That confession…….I-I…I....I did it out of desperation!! I didn’t think it through! I just...I just wanted to let you know how I felt!” she babbled out in a stutter.


“Desperation? How?” Sakura suddenly stopped and waited. Hyewon noticed and turned around to face the blonde, the feeling of nervousness clear in her face.


“Because I don’t want to lose you ...as a friend……….or even something more. In my confession, do you remember when I said that I’m always at the bottom?


“......I remembered everything Kangchan.”


“...................”


Her brow furrowed as she muttered. “.......sorry, I just....I just have good memory.”


“Well ...it's just that every relationship I pursued ...I've never gotten to a point where it would actually really start. Nothing ever blossomed into something more. I would feel like nothing ... absolutely nothing at the end of it.” Her eyes kept shooting back and forth from the ground and Sakura, not sure where to land.


“...........I’m sorry to hear that.”


“That’s why with you, I was just so scared and desperate! We’ve been friends for 4 months so I knew you would get my stupid jokes and references because we had so much in common. Comparing you to finding One Piece? You know how crazy I would sound if I said that to someone who didn’t know what I was talking about?! My confession was about Mario’s journey to get Princess Peach!! But that’s the truth! I didn’t know any other way I could’ve described it!” Her eyebrows drew together in a worried expression, her movements jerky as she tried to explain herself from before.


“....Kangchan. It’s-”


“I don’t think I’ve ever felt these intense feelings over someone….especially since it you. I thought of this Event just because I wanted to meet my friend Cherry…..I had no idea that I’d fall for you ...Kkura. That’s why I’m sorry…..I’m sorry for being an idiot.”


*sigh* “.........Kangchan…..you really don't have to apologize for anyt-.”


Hyewon lightly stepped forward, cutting Sakura from speaking. “That kiss with you yesterday morning ...that was my first! I’m really sorry that I kissed you a 2nd time and made you uncomfortable Kkura. I just wanted to know how it would feel to finally kiss someone…...to kiss someone I liked. I liked many people before but none of them ever felt genuine…...until you. As I closed that door yesterday, my heart felt like it turned into stone as I saw your eyes pleading for me to stay…..for tha-


“Stop.” Sakura spoke in a commanding tone which caused Hyewon to instantly freeze in place.


“...............”


“Look….Kangchan...that confession….I felt it….I felt you. Were you ashamed of what you said? Of being who you are? That’s what makes you you right? You compared me to a shiny beacon on top of a castle that’s on a high mountain peak. Did you view me as someone that high above you that you’d think that I would only view you as a speck ...too low for me to not able to see you? I would never think of myself being above anyone….especially my friends. To go on a journey just to get to me…...isn’t friendships and relationships itself a journey Kangchan? Everyone has their own journey of course but journeys don’t have to be alone.....”


Sakura then took Hyewon’s hands into hers which caused the raven-haired girl to gaze at their hands. She then took her other hand and cupped the side of Hyewon’s face while raising it to match her own.


“I’m not some shiny beacon that you think I am Kangchan ...I'm just Sakura. I’m here right in front of you ...here's me...noticing you. You feel me don’t you?”


Hyewon eyes began to water and her lips began to tremble, the words from the blonde hit her like a freight train as she felt a surge of regret come forward into her mind. She felt Sakura pull her close and cradled her in her small arms. From this, Sakura knew that she was gonna feel the pain from her chest from earlier again and like the last time, she didn’t care. She just wanted to console her friend as best as she could.

 

"I care about you....more than you think you know. I’m on my own journey and I want them to be with the people I care about.....who I love. You’re one of them so please, don’t change yourself for anyone….okay? Be happy.....be yourself.....be Hyewon.”


She couldn’t hold it anymore and cried on Sakura’s shoulder. She wrapped her arms around the blonde and held her tightly as if she never wanted to let her go. The warmth in Sakura words...in her body that Hyewon currently deeply held, made her heart flutter as it did the first time she saw her. ‘Sakura….I...I think I lov-'


“OoooooOOoooooo Chosen One ...I see that you have returned into my arms yet again?” Sakura lowered her voice and changed her tone.


Hyewon then felt a hand pinched her on her right buttock and followed up with light slap which startled her and caused her to let the blonde go. Sakura had a mischievous smile on her face and was giggling at the shocked Hyewon.


“Oh my, I didn’t know the Chosen One would get flustered over such a small sneak attack on her soft yet firm behind, maybe her HP is low and she's about to faint?”


Sakura then flashed a pre-packaged cookie in her right hand in front of her face. Hyewon’s eyes widened. ‘My..cookie.....how did she..!?!’


“You can’t heal yourself without your Minor Healing Cookie ...maybe I shall feast on this myself!” she began teasing Hyewon by acting like she was gonna open it as she backed away slowly from the younger girl. ‘Let’s see if this can cheer her up again…’


Hyewon wiped her tears and smiled brightly at the older girl.


“Yaaaaaaaaah you shall pay for stealing my cookie!! ₩ 3000 please!!” she opened her hand out towards Sakura as she advanced forward slowly. 'Wait what? Not pay in revenge but money? Oh Kangchan...never change love.'


Sakura started laughing louder, turned around and started running towards their destination. She looked at the snack and then back at Hyewon and yelled.


“OoooooOoooo Dark Chocolate Chip Delight! Fitting for the Queen of Darkness! I might actually eat this!”


Hyewon could only stare in wonder with a smile etched on her face as she watched the blonde get further away. She saw Sakura turned around and waved for her to come.


 ‘........thank you Kkura.’

 

‘Wait….she actually opened it!?’


------------------------------------------


-Sakura and Yena’s Dorm. 11:45pm-


A duck-like girl was pacing around the living area of the dorm as 3 other girls watched her from the sofa, wondering why she was acting that way.


Chill Yena...it starts at 12 ya know? They’re probably jus-”


“Making out or something!”


“Yena unnie ...th-they wouldn’t do that!!" Minju exclaimed.


“Why wouldn’t they? They’ve been acting strange lately ...especially Kwangbae. Ever since she’s met Kkura unnie, she has googly eyes whenever Kkura is around ...trust me I know.”


“Re-really? Kkura unnie and Hyewon unnie? Do they like each other?” wondered Minju as she looked at Yena with concern.


“Well I saw them hugging each other like 30 minutes ago….and that was one hug that screamed ‘I miss you so much my love!’ ‘I missed you too babe!’ ‘let’s be in love!’ ‘I love food!’.....it lasted almost a minute until I started making kissy noises near them.”


“.....you’re lying.......right?” Minju questioned.


Yena just shrugged her shoulders to tease the redhead.


“I still don’t know everyone…..but this is some really goooood food.” a petite brunette girl spoke as she sat while eating in the dorm’s dining area. Her face was small but her voice gave a completely different vibe. It was deep a husky yet feminine at the same time and she spoke in a Busan accent. She had a resemblance of a cute puppy.


“But I already introduced you to Chaewon and Minguri.”


“But who’s Kkura and Hyewon?”


“Those 2 are my lackeys. Kkura unnie is my roommate and she thinks I’m like the best….at everything. She knows so don’t ask her anything...it embarrasses her. Hyewon is Hyewon.”


“But still...I feel a bit awkward….”


“It’s okay Yuri, everybody is cool right? Minguri, are you cool?" Yena pointed at her.


“I’m hip!” spoke Minju as she gave a thumbs up.


“........I said are you cool, not hip Minju.”


“Hip is cool…..” a defeated look appeared on the red head's face.


“I think you’re hip Minju…that’s cool.” Chaewon said as she looked at the red head and gave a thumbs up in response. ‘Act cool….act cooool...she’ll notice.’


“Thank you Chaewon unnie! I think you’re hip as well! I love your new hair color...it’s really pretty. I’m thinking I should dye it pink too, Kkura unnie said it’ll look amazing on me.”


“Really? Do it girl! We’ll be matching hair beauties...couples!”


“....you know what, I’ll do it tomorrow!”


*cough*shhhhhh*cough* came from a certain duck


“Anyway ...Chaewon, are you cool?” Yena pointed at Chaewon.


“Freezin’ and frozen, losers be posin’.”


“.....................that’s cool.” 'What?'


“I guess ...everybody is cool then? That's ...that's cool.....I guess.” spoke Yuri while giving everybody questionable looks. 'Yena is weird when she’s with her friends.'


“Exactly….cool…and I got it! We should do a prank on them!” yelled a super excited duck. 'I need to get Kkura today.....that's one goal for today'


“A prank?” “Prank?” Minju and Yuri questioned.


“Seriously Yena? What’s up with you and pranks…......on second thought, yo let's do it!" Chaewon spoke while eating some cookies and raised her cookie in agreement.


“Hell yeah...that’s what I’m talking about Chaewon! Minju, Yuri...you two in?”


“I don’t know unnie...” “I- I’m not sure….”


“Yaaaaay, Minju and Yuri are in!”


“But-” “Huh?”


“Alrighhhhttt, let’s get it started! Operation: Duck and Friends Pranks Cat and Hamster commence…..” voiced Yena as she started pumping her fists while ignoring the two.


“.....that’s a lame name, Yena with no game, no brain.” mocked Chaewon.


SHHHHHHHH


“What should we do, Doctor Who? How about you, Scooby doo?” Chaewon pointed at Yuri....who just shrugged with a blank look on her face. 'Why am I here again....?'


“Something simple...just hide. Let’s make them feel like nobody came! We’ll pop out after like minute later!”


“That’s mean.” whispered Minju as a frown grew on her face.


“Minju…..you don’t know how much pranks they’ve did on me ...seriously. I want you to trust me on this one!"


“Oh yeah...you do be telling me about their pranks on you actually.” “Yeah, I heard the same…..Sakura-ssi seems like a genius in pranks I heard.”


“You see!? And thank you lov...Yuri….thank you Yuri. And no Chaewon, that’s a lie because I’m the best”


“Well the ones you told me about Sakura-ssi’s pranks on you made me laugh more…..Sakura’s a master, you’re a disaster”


“SHHHHHHH….I’m...da...best…..than the rest. Wait….why are you rhyming for these past moments Chaewon?”


“No I’m not…..you ro...bot.”


“......suuurre. Also that was lame.”


“I don’t know what’s happening but okay ...I guess? Where should we hide?” questioned Minju as she stood up from the couch.


“Anywhere! You can go hide in Kkura unnie’s room.”


“But that’s intruding her room!” Minju yelped in surprise.


“She doesn’t mind ...I live with her and sometimes I be leaving stuff in there. She’d be like “YENNNAAA, WHY ARE YOUR DIRTY SOCKS IN HERE? WHY DO YOU KEEP EATING MY UMEBOSHI? I THOUGHT YOU HATE IT?! YABAIINDE!!!!!”.


“....why ARE your dirty socks in there?” questioned Chaewon


“Because I go in there sometimes to watch her play on her games while I lay on her bed ...and eat her snacks that she hides from me.”


“......this only just makes me wonder how you are as a roommate. Poor Sakura-ssi.”


SHHHH…...anyway, I’m gonna call her now so get hiding!”


“So quickly? Let’s just hear your call first.” the pink-haired girl walked towards Yena and stood beside her.


“Okaaaaaaaaaay, I’ll hide I guess.” Minju stood next to them as Yena started fidgeting with her phone and found her roommate’s name.


"Mochi mochiiiiiiii unnie, what's the situation!? Why are you taking so long with Hyewon?! Smooching? Well smooch y'all's butts home!”


*gasp* Minju turned wide-eyed. ‘Are they ...dating?’


"No I'm at the dorm........wait what!! You're here almost here already?! "Oh !!! Uhhh...I meant "oh ship!!".....there's a big ship on the TV screen that's friggin huge. Noooooo.....wh-wh-why would I be lying unnie! It's as big as a mansion! Cheese balls? Why are you still on to me about that!"


Yena started panicking as they were closer than she expected. Minju saw this and started panicking also. 'CRAAAAAP, MY PLAN!!! NOoONONononoNooo.....wait...wait WAIT. IMPROVISE YENA, USE YOUR BRAIN AND IMPROVISE!' Yena tried to keep calm and come up with another plan.


"Okay, okay, okaaaaay.....huh....you'll be here in 3 MINUTES!?! UHHH UH.....UHHH Ju-just so you kn-know, I have a friend over and we're watching TV! You haven’t met her yet! She said she likes your decorations by the way! I'll keep the door unlocked but I have to go out for like a minute to get something okay!? Yeah...uh...ja mata Unnie chan!!"


Yena turned off her phone and made a let's hurry face towards the 3.


"OH MAN!!! She said she's coming back really quick and she-”


“We’re literally right beside you Yena ...we heard everythi-.” exclaimed Chaewon.


“SHHHHHHH….uhhhhhhhh.....I'm gonna get my camera and secretly record this!"


"Why?!" Minju questioned.


"Iunno....seems like it will be a fun moment to look back on maybe? hehehe?" Yena nervously said.


".........you're weird but I dig it. Send it to me later?" spoke Chaewon.


“So what should we do?!” Minju panicked


“UHhhhhhhhhhh you go in Kkura’s room! No questions! Chaewon, you go to my room! Yuri, you sit on the couch and greet them when they come! I'll be in the closet near Yuri!”


“Me?!! Why?” Yuri yelled in disagreement.


“Because both of them don’t know you yet! Give them a greeting and offer them to sit on the couch afterward! We’ll hide for a few minutes and pop out!"


"But I'm a guest! Why would I offer Sakura-ssi to sit on her own couch?"


"Fine….just make something up as you go along I guess? Like for instance...say “I’m da best gamer in Dorm A….yaaaaaaaahhhh heeeearrrrrd?" and then start like….swaggin’ out....like just swaggin'....like...start breakdancing in front of them.


"That’s dumb! You're dumb! Stop making me feel too much pressure now!"


"It's fine bab-…... Yuri! Now everyone, into positions! There's Kkura's room Minju and there's mine!" Yena pointed at each person’s area as they started getting into positions.


“Okaaayy!” Minju said in an uneasy voice as she went into Sakura’s room.


As Minju went in, she caught wind of a slight smell of fresh strawberries, cinnamon and for some reason, laundry detergent. '.......it smells nice here. Oh wow she has a lot of books.....' as she noticed books laying around Sakura's desk which also had a very expensive looking computer on it. ‘Wow...she reads a lot! Look at all these tabs she put in them….I guess she re-reads them a lot? You’re so amazing Kkura unnie….’ She noticed a few pictures of a short-haired girl with black hair that looked a few years old. 'Is that her? Wow, she's really cute back then too?! And this other one....she seemed to blossomed throughout the years....oh wow she's so cute and beautiful here in 2016 with her long hair. Hmmm, is this a recent pic? She looks like a handsome Oppa behind that mask alongside that hat, hoodie and jacket on…..her eyes are amazing! Wait...did an admirer gave her this picture? Does she have another masternim!?'


Chaewon on the other hand went in Yena’s room. It was a mess ...a total mess. There were clothes everywhere and a lot of duck plushies…..too many duck plushies.


“Holy crap Yena ...are you a duck or a pig?! Like, did you breed in here or what?” she yelled as she looked at the duck filled horror show that is Yena’s room.


“I’m Human okay, sue me?! And don’t touch those ducks! Yur…..uhh a friend gave them to me!!”


She stood behind the door and took a quick peek out and saw a panicking Yena setting up her camera hidden somewhere besides the large TV. Yena then went to hide in a closet in the living room area while making a hush hush face to her and Yuri....it's pretty much go time now.


Everybody waited in silence as they finally heard footsteps near the door and voices along with it.


“Oh no ...nononononono, I can’t do this!” Yuri then stood up and ran into the closet door and quickly opened it.


“Yuri!? What are yo-” “Shut it! I got nervous okay!!!” “But why in here!” “Shhhhh! Let me close the door!” “Crap, it’s so cramped in here!” “Shhh be quiet Yena!”


 *creak*. The door finally opened and Sakura and Hyewon came in holding a few packages.


“Hmmm? There’s no one here?” Spoke Sakura as she looked around and saw no one.


“They probably forgot something somewhere and left in a hurry. This plate of food is still on that dining table and Yena said they were watching TV but the TV is off. Here let me get all of that Kkura! Just relax a bit and sit in the living area.....do you need some ibuprofen?” said Hyewon as she grabbed all of Sakura’s packages and went into the kitchen.


“It’s okay but I’d appreciate a water bottle Kangchan.”


“Okay!” Hyewon laid all the packages on the table and got a water bottle from the fridge and hurried back to Sakura in the living area and sat down beside her.


“How is it now?”


“The pain is slowly dying down now…..I guess it’s still healing after all these months I guess. Hehehe.” Sakura answered as she went to sit on the couch. ‘Hmmm….my door and Yena’s door...slightly ajar? Both are usually opened….’


“Yaaaaaaaah don’t laugh Kkura! That bump was really hard and it scared me nearly half to death when I saw you clutching your heart after you fell! You really need to watch where you are running!”


‘What, what are they talking about ...did Kkura unnie get hurt!?’ ‘Pain…healing?’ ‘Oh no, they'll find- ...jeez Yuri’s face is a little too close.’ ’What’s going on?’


“When was the last time you felt it before your fall just moments ago?”


“.......this morning when you hugged me….2 times.”


“What!? I’m sorry Kkura, I didn’t mea-”


“It’s cool. Plus its mostly only deep hugs, regular hugs are okay. Hehehe.” ‘I sense a duck in hidingwith friends huh?’’


‘......Kkura unnie was in pain?!’ ‘Wait...what I’m I hearing?’ ‘Yuri’s so close...my brain’ ‘It’s getting too hot in here!’


“Yaaaah, why are you laughing again Kkura?!”


“Nothing….well, let’s get this set up! We have an event to do Hyewonie!”


“.....are you sure?” ‘Hyewonie? That’s...pretty cute’


“Yeah of course! Now let’s make out secretly my cute girlfriend!” Sakura excitedly yelled. '....oh Yena...you can't surprise me. I'm the best.'


“What!?” yelled Hyewon in surprise. 'Girlfriend!?!'


‘WHAT!?! LIES!’ ‘Wow, Sakura-ssi is really bold’ ‘…her lips are so close’ ‘WHAT!?! WAIT WHAT’S YENA DOING!’ “AHHHHHHHHHH

 

A sudden crash came from a few feet away and a panicked Yena and Yuri came tumbling out from their hiding space in front of the two.


"...........knew it." Sakura said in a monotone voice.


"...........Yena?!" yelled Hyewon in surprise...'What were they doing in the closet?'


Yena was quite red from being so close to Yuri in the closet so she quickly changed her panicked face into a blank face as she quickly rolled forward like an armadillo in front of the Sakura and Hyewon and dusted herself off. She then proceeded to put her hands up to the sides of her head and made pointy fingers like antennas.


"......I've come from the future. Beep beep bop boop."


“...............”


“...............”


Sakura and Hyewon both stared and shook their heads, Yuri was baffled and confused, Chaewon and Minju were watching from their respective place in silence…..and felt embarrassed. It lasted only 10 seconds but it felt like forever to Yena. ‘......why do I do these things to myself?’


“...............so, yeah. Shall we start the Event soon guys? Everyone can come out now.” Sakura exclaimed as she stared at her roommate.


She then opened her arms as if she was saying ‘look at me’ while she mouths out silently to Yena. “I’m the best prankster here ...feel my win, gaze at my greatness and bask in my glory.”


Yena followed suit and put an L on her forehead and mouth silently also. “Nooooooooooooo….neverrrrrrrrrrrrr. I ate your secret umeboshiiiiiiiiiii.”


Sakura eyes widened and silently mouthed out. “WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!” and then closed her eyes as she fell on her knees from the couch and let out an angry and defeated yell that was completely silent as she raised her arms in the air, shaking her fists at the ceiling.


4 people stared at their silent display of movements, questioning just what the hell are these two doing. No one knew…except the two.


“You guys are weird.” Yuri.


The life of Tom and Jerry.


-----------------------------------


-Sakura and Yena’s Dorm. 12:15pm-


After everyone exchanges greetings and hello’s and some explanations on a few things, Sakura and Hyewon finished setting up everything while the other 4 were busy eating and conversing with one another until they were done. The set up was quite extravagant with 3 cameras from different views: One recording the couch where the players would sit, the side of the living area with full view of the TV and players and finally, a camera behind everyone else looking towards the TV.


Sakura was quite proud as she felt like her old self returning to when she used to record her gameplay videos on Youtube.


“This is pretty amazing Kkura. You weren’t kidding when you wanted it to feel like something official.” Hyewon was excited to see all the cameras set up...even a PC set up at a corner table waiting to start recording.


“Of course, it’s our competition, right? We’re finally gonna see wh…...wait, I forgot Yena is in too…...well it’s let’s see who’s the best between us.”


“No doubt, I won’t go easy on you Kkura! It’s gonna be rough! You’re gonna feel me against you, 1 on 1! It’s gonna be hot and heavy so don’t forget to breathe whenever I get close! To Winning!” ‘You!’ she pointed to Sakura as the blonde just stared and giggled.


‘Hehehe...you . Definitely not unintentional.’ Thought Sakura.


“Sure, and since we have 4 games in the line up with a few secret games, should we put the 4 in a box and randomly pick one?”


“Yes let’s do that Kkura! Makes it more exciting since we won’t know what game it’ll be!” Hyewon voiced as she pumped her fist in excitement.


“Also you wrote the secret games to put in? Did you bring them? Also the trophy?”


“Yeap, all in my backpack! Let me bring the trophy out!” Hyewon pointed at her backpack at the corner of the living area.


“Great!”


Hyewon then went and got her backpack and brought out a black box. She then went to Sakura who was eagerly waiting.


“Welp….here it is!” she then opened the box and unwrapped the trophy in front of Sakura. She pulled out a chalice cup that had a bouquet of roses on top of it with pink cherry blossoms around it. There was a gaming controller on top of it all and written on the chalice itself was “Cherry KwangBae Cup 2019”. Staring at it, Sakura couldn’t help but have a smile on her face ...”Cherry KwangBae Cup huh? Our championship trophy…... I love it Kangchan. Your thought and care put into designing this ...I really appreciate it. I appreciate you.” ‘Thank you Kangchan….’


“Yeah, it’s not gonna win any awards on design or anything since I didn’t want anything too fancy or elegant...I just wanted it to signal our friendship….it’s our cup Kkura.” 'I appreciate you too....my sweetheart.'


Sakura looked up at Hyewon and smiled. “Yes….yes it is.” 'Kangchan.....'


“OooOOooOooooo, I see you holding my trophy Kkura unnie! Kwangbae, you should’ve etched “Yena The Winner” on it.” exclaimed an overly excited duck.


Both the girls looked at the duck and smiled. “Oh yeah, let’s see who will win this shall we?” “Yaaaaaaah, as if a duck can compete with us.”


“Ohhhh yeahhh? I see that box with the 4 names of games in it. When are we gonna start?”


“I think it’s time ...isn't it Kangchan?” “Why yes love, let’s do this!”


Sakura then checked on the camera and equipment and then went near the TV and took something out of a box: A portable pink Karaoke microphone.


“Ladies and gentleducks, may I have your attention please.” Spoke Sakura as she stood in front of the T.V. and bowed.


“Oh wow, that’s a cute microphone!” “I want one!” “OooOOo, a portable Karaoke microphone? Let’s do Karaoke after this!” “Wow, she’s really into this event! “Wow Kkura, I didn’t expect this much!”


“Hello everyone! My name is Miyawaki Sakura and I’ll be your MC for today as well as a contestant in the events to come! Today we are celebrating a first: The Cherry KwangBae Cup, a first of its kind thanks to the lovely and beautiful Kang Hyewon! Everybody give her a hand for coming up with this lovely idea for us!”


*clap clap clap clap* “Wow, I’m loving this!” “Can we do this every year?” “I want to play too!” “I admit, this is cool Kkura!” “She’s so cute ...I want her.” ‘She’s amazing….she called me lovely...and beautiful!!’


“Thank you Hyewon! Now to get things started, thanks to everyone who came and I hope you enjoyed the snacks and appetizers I cooked earlier! There will be dinner served later if you decide to stay longer. I have a list of food I can cook in a poll by the kitchen sink...please choose what you want me to cook by 5 pm and the winning entry will be served!”


“Kkura unnie is so thoughtful!” “Did she plan all of this?” “I need to remember to go by the kitchen later…” “I’d eat anything you cook Kkura….”


Sakura then pulled out printed pieces of paper from a nearby desk with the rules of the tournament and gave it to everyone.


“This tournament has 4 games with 1 game worth 2 points each. You need 6 points to win. However, if everyone wins 1 game each, the 5th mystery game will be introduced worth 3 points. If nobody gets 6 points by those 5 games, a last 6th mystery game will be played worth 3 points. Games are played 1v1. If there’s a game with more than 2 players such as Mario Kart 8, every player will play. All in all, you need to win 3 games to win the tournament. Understand? There will be a 15-minute break between each game to let players relax their bodies and hands!”


Everyone looked down at their paper and nodded as they read.


“Now to get things started. To the lovely and beautiful Minju, would you please pick up that box next to you?”


Minju saw a white box beside her and picked it up. “This one?”


“Yes, that one you cutie.” Sakura smiled at the redhead causing her to blush. 'Stop it Kkura unnie...there's too many people here....hehehe'


“Yaaaaaaaahh Kkura!!!!!” “I wanted to do that box thing…..” “I also think you’re cute Minju…” “Oooooo crap….”


“Can you please shake the box and then draw a piece of paper inside?”


“Okay Kkura unnie…..here we go!” Minju then poked her hand inside the mystery box and noises could be heard inside…..*plop* “Here we……..AHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”


Everyone was shocked as they looked at the redhead who was screaming at the top of her lungs after she pulled out an object that wasn’t supposed to be in there. A small rubber lizard. Minju was in fear and hugged the closest thing next to her which was Chaewon. ‘Whooooaaa.....’


“............phhwaahahahahahahahAHAHAHAAHA” Yena burst out laughing as she backed away slowly from the crowd.


“.......YENA!!!!” screamed Sakura, annoyed to see the redhead in distressed.


“WRONG TARGET, WRONG TARGET OKAY?! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU KKURA UNNIE!!!” Yena stood up and ran away to the kitchen to get away from the blonde. Sakura caught up with her and put her in a headlock as she carried her back into the living area.


“Why’d you scare poor Minguri?” “I would’ve screamed too.” “Seriously Yena? Low key thanks tho.”


“Sorry Sorry, I just wanted to get Kkura unnie!” Yena spoke as Sakura still held her in a headlock.


“Goodness Yena, I’m trying to be professional here! Minju are you okay?” exclaimed the blonde as she finally let go.


“.....yeah...I’m okaaaaaaay…..” Minju stopped hugging Chaewon and grabbed the box again.


“I swear, nothing else is in it but the game names! It’s safe now!” Yena gave Minju a thumbs up and bowed apologetically.


“Anyway before a certain DUCK tries another prank, shall we draw again Minju?”


“Yes….here we go…...again….” *plop* Minju pulled out a small folded piece of paper.


“Can you please read the name now Minju?” Sakura questioned.


“Ummm...it says…...Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!”


“And there you have it! Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is your first game ladies and NOT GENTLEDUCKS. Please wait a moment as we-”


Wait…….can I join in!” everyone looked at a certain redhead in surprise as she raised her hand in the air and waved it wildly.


“Minju?” questioned Sakura.


“.....I want to join in pleaaaaaase. Is that allowed?” Minju gave a slight pout to Sakura.


“Any reason why?” Sakura asked as she tilted her head towards the redhead, struggling to keep a straight face.  ‘AWWWWW, SHE’S SO CUUUTTTEEE!'


Revenge.” Minju said in a cold voice which caused the room to shudder. 'On second hand....wow...that was...that was kinda hot.'


“Hyewon...Yena…..thoughts please?” spoke Sakura as she looked at the two other players for their answers.


“Sure, let's do it, it’ll be fun.” “Revenge?!? On whooo?? ME??? MINGURI….I’M SORRY!”


“And there you have it ladies, a fourth challenger appears! Now to introduce the players, please stand in front and introduce yourselves and say a quick intro before we start! Let’s do it!” Sakura excitedly announced as she used her hand as a guide for the players to come forward. She gave the mic to Hyewon to start it off and let them hand it to the player next to them after they’re done.


“Hello, I’m KwangBae. I’m gonna win. Thank you. Can I eat when I play?” "Yes, you can Kangchan." "Yaaaaaaaaaaay"


“I’M THE BEST IN HERE, DUCK DUCK GOOOOSEE, Y’ALL GONNA LOOOOOSEEE. ESPECIALLY YOU KKURA UNNIE….and I’m sorry Minju. Don’t target me okay? Please? I love you!”


Minju is my name and revenge is my game. I’ve been secretly practicing when Hyewon isn’t home at the dorm.” 'I can't wait to play with Kkura and Hyewon unnie!'


“............................” everyone looked at Minju with blank expressions. ‘Wow ...killer looks Minju. Love it.’ thought a certain blonde who was beside the redhead.


“Hello, this is your MC, Sakura! I’ll be happy to play these games with these wonderful people, I hope to do my best and I hope you all can enjoy today!”


All the players began sitting on the couch in said order. Yena: Hyewon: Sakura: Minju. Sakura turned the game on and then took an extendable holder beside the table to hold the mic in front of her and began her last short speech before the game starts.


“Okay everyone, let’s do our best and let’s also enjoy ourselves okay? This is a day to be remembered so let’s try to create fun and lasting memories. Let’s hope the games we play are fun, the battles vicious and down to the wire and lastly, may the best player win.”


"3…...2…...1….Let’s Jam!"

 

---------------------------

"Speech"

'thoughts'

 

Hello readers, quite a doozy of a chapter to read huh? So long! Sorry for the wait, writing multiple people is hard! For this chapter, I wanted to shed more light on Hyewon! I couldn't fit her past in older chapters so I'm finally glad i could write some of it down in this one. Also Yuri's introduction! She's like the most normal one in the group so basically she just stepped in a place full of crazies lol. I hope to develop her more in the next few chapters as she grows to know them more. This was just the start of the event, next is the actual competition which will be several chapters long. I hope I can write gaming scenes well and make it entertaining for you all! Thanks again for reading and leave a comment if you want to!

Also a guide below on the Tournament points! Basically:

 

6 Points to Win

1 Game = 2 points

1 Mystery Game = 3 points

2 Games = 4 points

3 Games = 6 points

4 Regular games = 8 points total

1 game, 1 mystery game = 5 points

2 mystery games = 6 points.

First to win 3 games = Win