Jinja Intense Woman

Cherry Blossom Crush

 ***************************************

-1 Day Before The Event. Everyone's Restaurant. 6:30pm-

After that certain incident with Hyewon, Sakura was free for the rest of the day so she decided to go to one of her favorite restaurants in Seoul. She asked her cousin Nako to come along and suggested going to this one restaurant she found by accident months ago that quickly became her favorite place to eat. It wasn't a big place nor was it well known but the food there was delicious and the workers there were really friendly. The restaurant was known as "Everyone's Restaurant" and the owner there was supposedly quite famous.


Sakura entered the restaurant and felt completely at ease at the familiar and comfy atmosphere. "Ahhh....I missed this place"


'She should be here any minute....might as well get our orders in. If I remember correctly, she said she wanted some cheese dogs.....'


Sakura was about to go to order at the counter until she saw a woman cleaning around the restaurant. Her eyes instantly lit up and she started to advance towards the woman.


"UNNIE! UNNIE!" Sakura yelled out to her and the startled woman turned to her in . The woman was tall, slim and beautiful. She was in her mid-30s with long black hair in a ponytail and had a really calm vibe around her. She smiled instantly once she saw Sakura coming towards her and stopped what she was doing.


"Kkura!!!! It's nice to finally see you again! How are you doing?" the woman welcomed Sakura with open arms as she got closer. They both gave each other a warm sisterly embrace for a few moments and held hands.


"Chung Ah unnie! I'm doing fine! I made a new friend yesterday and I’ve gotten to know some of my other friends a lot better. We’re closer now ...I think."


"You think? You can tell me anything Kkura. and would you look at that, you sound more natural in your Korean than you did a 2 weeks ago. I'm so happy, our Kkura is such a hard and diligent student!”


Sakura beamed at the praise and smiled brightly at the older woman


"Thank you unnie, it means a lot! I kept practicing everyday and watched dramas whenever I have the time!"


"Awwww, you're making me so proud! Did you come here for the usual Kkura?"


 "Yes please, I love your bibimbap so much! Can I also get 2 orders of cheese dogs? Both of them are for my cousin who's coming here soon and she’s a cheese dog maniac hehehe! Also 1 order of cola and 1 water!"


"Your cousin? How delightful and no problem! I'll be back in no time! Oh, I missed you so much Kkura! Come see your older sister more often okay hahaha?" smiled Chung Ah as she patted Sakura's head and left toward the back of the restaurant.


"Yes of course!" waved Sakura as she watched the older woman leave.


Sakura first came to the restaurant about 5 months ago when she was still new to the country. It was hard for her to order anything but the staff was so helpful that they became close after she kept coming almost every week. Lee Chung Ah was a worker there who knew very basic Japanese and helped Sakura practice her Korean whenever she came. Their bond grew into a sister-like relationship and they would call each other ever so often to talk about things going on within their lives.


Sakura went and sat down near the front where the windows were. She remembers what happened earlier in the morning and questioned what she should do next. 'Oh Hyewon…...I’m sorry. We’re both just confused right now, I'm sure of it. I’m the Princess you want to save? I never thought of myself as one...but you and Yena helped pushed me forward. I’ll repay you both. Your journey towards me also means you’re part of my journey too right? I don’t know how it’ll end but everything is just so new to us...and I don’t want to risk messing up this relationship with you. Take your time...as will I. I'll wait for you...that I promise.’


*Ding Ding* the bell at the entrance jingled as a young woman entered and looked around the restaurant.


"Sakuchan!"


"Nakochan! Over here!"


"Hey Sakuchan, how's everything going?"


"Great! I made a new friend yesterday! Also some other things ...but I’ll talk to you about it after we get some food."


"That fine! I actually have a friend coming over here really quick since she has to pick something up from me."


"Oh okay, that's cool. Have you ever been here? It's a great place and it's not even that far from the University! I tried making you come here but you were busy!"


"Nope."


"Just wait to you try their cheese dogs, it's legit Kami level umai and the cheese stretches very far!"


"Hehehe suuuure Sakuchan"


"Haha, be smug all you want, I'll bet you'll hug me once you taste it!"


"No bet but I'll take your word for it! So what are you doing afterwards?”


“Probably one final practice before the Event and setting up for it tomorrow at my dorm."


"Event?"


"Yeah some gaming event me and my friend set up. You can come if you want."


"I would but I have to do something with my friend tomorrow. She’s the same one who gonna be here soon."


"Oh oka-"


"Kkura!!!" a voice yelled from the back of the restaurant where the door to the kitchen was. It was a man in his mid 30's and he seemed happy to see the blonde since he was waving happily at her. He was carrying the dishes she ordered earlier.


"Kwanghee oppa!" Sakura waved back excitedly!


He finally got to the table and put the food down and then gave her a quick hug which she replied back with.


"Kkura!! You weren't here last week so your unnie, me and gramps were sad!"


"I'm sorry, you know how college is at times."


"No don't be, we know you are studying hard. Who's your friend here" said the man as she looked towards Nako.


"Oh yeah, this is my younger cousin Yabuki Nako. She came to Korea a year before me and she's a genius! Nakochan, this is Hwang Kwanghee! He's like an older brother to me and the people here are basically like my 2nd family!"


Nako bowed deeply from where she sat. "Hello Kwanghee-ssi, it's really nice to meet you! Please take care of me!"


"Nakochan, it's okay! You don't have to bow, you are Kkura's family which means you are our family! Enjoy your stay here! I heard from Kkura awhile back that you really like cheese dogs so I hope you enjoy Everyone's Restaurant Cheese Dogs!"


"Thank you very much Kwanghee-ssi! I can't wait to dig in!"


"No problem! If you like it, please spread it to your friends okay heh? I have to go now okay Kkura, Nakochan! Hodong-ssi has been really busy elsewhere so I have to keep things in order back there along with your Unnie. Again, it's really nice to see you again Kkura!"


"Awww but we didn't get to talk yet! Okay...and Hodong oppa is busy? Understandable since he's famous! Tell him I said hi whenever you see him okay?"


"I will! Now to leave you lovely ladies alone to let you eat! Have a great meal and enjoy the rest of your day! Good bye Kkura, Nakochan!" waved Kwanghee as he started walking back toward the door of the kitchen.


"Bye Kwanghee oppa!" "Good bye Kwanghee-ssi!" Sakura and Nako said in unison as they wave the man good bye.


"Wow, he's so nice! He really seems like an older brother to you!"


"Like I said, this place is my 2nd family basically. They were so welcoming when I was new here and they taught me a lot of Korean too. I love them so much. Now for the main thing......try the cheese dog out hehehe"


"Hahaha, okay." Nako looked at the 2 massive cheese dogs in front of her. The crust was crispy and it smelled fantastic. Sakura was eyeing Nako like a hawk as she finally picked it up. She looked at Sakura in front of her and laughed.


"Why are you looking at me like that?"


"Hehehe....you'll see." ‘It’s gonna blow her mind hehehehe’


Nako then let out an enthusiastic "Itadakimasu!" and took a big bite out of the massive beast of a cheese dog in front of her. Her face was still as she started munching the food to get a taste. '..........holy.......god.......of.......cheese dogs.....'. Flavorwaves of deliciousness hit Nako's mouth as she tasted the sweet yet savory breading, the juicy and succulent hot dog and the cheese....oh the cheese....so stringy and once pulled, it would create a heavenly cheese bridge from cheese dog to mouth! "O....KAMI SAMA!" Nako's eyes lit up like a star as Sakura started snickering so she hid her face behind her drink to keep from laughing at the younger girls face.


Nako stood up from her seat and jumped on Sakura to give her a big hug. "Pffhahahahahaha, I see I won the bet huuuuh Nakochan? Wait.....are you tearing up?!" spoke Sakura as she hugged the younger girl back.


"Yes....I am....it's sooooo good. That....was...divine! Now I'm angry that you never told me this place!" as she broke from the hug to hurry back to eat her meal.


"I did tell you but you went out to eat with Juri and Yena that one time remember?"


"Oh yeah ...that was when you invited me? Aww ...I’ll tell them next time so we can all come!


“Love it.”


“Also Sakuchan…….."


"Yes Nako?"


"How have you been feeling lately?"


"Pretty good actually ...mostly. Why'd you ask?" answered Sakura as she started eating her bibimbap and enjoying every bite with slight shakes of happiness in her shoulders.


"Oh....it's nothing...I'm just glad to know you're enjoying yourself over here since we don't get to talk much nowadays."


"Nako.....actually ...I want to thank you."


“Thank me? For what?” Nako giggled as she questioned the older girl.


“For always being here. We not might meet a lot but we always talk to each other on the phone right? I know that you’ve been worried about me because of the rumors popping up again.”


“.....ho-how did you know?” Nako’s face turned serious once she knew where this was going.


“You’re my closest cousin ...I'd be blind and dumb to ignore your feelings. I just wanted to let you know that I’m fine...really. I lifted something off my chest that’s been with me for a whole year thanks to Yena and my friend Hyewon. I feel free in a way and a lot happier...I know it’s just a start but at least I’m not trapped anymore. So please…..don’t burden yourself worrying about me okay? I want you to be happy too Nako…”.


"........Sakura.” Nako began tearing up after hearing Sakura’s short but thankful speech.


“Whoaaaaa wait, I didn’t mean to make you cry Nakochan! OMG, this is a rare moment!”


“.........it’s just I’m so happy that you don’t feel burdened anymore. I’ve been scared to talk to you about it since I was scared you might push me away…”


“Nako…...you know I wouldn’t do that right? You are basically my sister Nako and I love you so so cheer up okay?”


“.....okay…...I can’t believe this is the 3rd time today I teared up.”


“What?! Really? The 2nd was the cheese dog...so what was the first?”


“It was Yena….she saw me earlier and told me she found out about your past. ”


“Oh I see…..that just shows how much you care for me so I’m really thankful for you Nakochan. I’m sorry for being a burden all this time so let’s support each other forever okay?”


“Forever…..I love you too Sakuchan! I’d hug you but this cheese dog….it doesn’t want me to let it go!”


“Hehehe, there we go. There’s the Nakochan I know…..you even said my name earlier hehehe! You never call me Sakura unless it’s something big hahaha!”


“I did? Oh I didn’t notice….hehehe.”


“Anyway, let's get back to eating huh? Don’t want the food to get cold hahaha!”


"Yes, let’s eat hahaha.....I'm gonna shut up now and feast!" *tik tik* "Oh that must be her! she's probably outside. I'll text her to come in" Nako then picked up her phone to give a quick text to someone.


"Your friend? Alright cool........do want a taste of my bibimbap? It's delicious and wants to be in your tummy hehe!"


"Maybe next time because this cheese dog owns my life.....MY SOUL right now and I don't want anything else." stated Nako has she began eating and stretching the cheese from her food.


*Ding Ding Ding* The door opened as the bells on top signaled that a person was coming in. A young lady with long raven black hair stepped in and surveyed the restaurant. 'Quite a nice place actually. Nako Nako Nakooooooo….where are yoooooou?'. She had her hair down and wore a simple red t-shirt, black adidas gym pants and white tennis shoes and looked as if she just left the gym. She slowly scanned the restaurant in search for her friend. Her face was mature looking and her face seemed serious, she had a very well defined body as if she was a dancer and had a classy mature vibe about her. '.....now where is my little star?'


She saw 2 girls at a booth near the windows, 2 older couples near the back table area and a guy by himself eating near them. 'I guess that's Nako with her back towards me so that means that's her cousin over there......hmmm.' She stared at the girl and instantly went towards them as they were the only young people there.


Sakura as busy eating her bibimbap until she felt a strong presence near her as if she was being stared at. She looked up and saw a raven haired woman staring at her with a warm smile which cause her to freeze like a deer in headlights. 'Uhhhhhh.....is this Nak-'


"Kirei" confessed the unknown girl.


".......Kirei?" 'Pretty? She just called me pretty....'


"You're pretty." she confessed again.


Sakura sat there frozen as if she had no mind.


"Eunbi unnie! You made it! Come! Come sit quick! I know you're busy!" voiced Nako as she scooted herself closer to the window to make room for the older girl.


"Nako!" sang the woman as sat down and gave Nako's head a big hug as if she was holding a baby. "I haven't seen you in a few days, I've missed you Nako! Sorry to be quick, I have to go somewhere right after this. So do you have it?"


"Of course! Here it is!" the younger girl grabbed a box from her bag and gave it to the other.


"Thank you! It's too bad I can't stay too long, I would've loved to eat" she then turned her head to the still frozen Sakura and smiled. "...with you two."


Sakura felt as it was about to melt from the intense stares from the woman which made her looked at anything else beside the woman in front of her. 'What is going on? I don't know if I'm intimidated or what.....oh god, I'm....I'm sweating?!'


"Oh my bad Eunbi unnie, this is my older cousin Sakura. Miyawaki Sakura. She's a bit shy if you can't already tell. Sakuchan, this is Eunbi, Kwon Eunbi" 'Wow....Sakuchan looks a bit shaken.'


"Uhhhh....hello Eunbi-ssi, it's uhh...nice to meet you." said Sakura as she shyly bowed.


Eunbi brought her hand to hold the side of Sakura's face causing her to stop her bow midway. She then raised Sakura's head to where it originally was which shocked her. Of course, the unexpected physical contact made her face rapidly grow warmer and warmer.

'yabaiyabaiyabaiyabaiyabaiyabai'


"Now now, no need to bow Sakura-ssi, you're making me feel like a celebrity or something. You have beautiful eyes by the way, no need to let them wander at random objects when you have a guest in front of you."


"Ohhhhhhhuhhhh I-I-I'msorryandth-th-th-thankyousomuch!" Sakura stuttered as broke off the stare again and looked at Nako as she's been signaling her. 'Idon'tknowwhatsgoingonhelpmeNako'


"Eunbi unnie, you're scaring her hehehe! Sakuchan, it's okay! She's a really cool and reliable unnie!" 'Ohhhh Sakuchan, why are you always like this around new people?'


Eunbi chuckled and lowered her hand from the side of Sakura's face who now just looked down at her food. She knew she had to stop teasing the younger girl so she looked at Nako again. 'Hehehe, Nako was right when she said her cousin was a bit shy.....just this small test and she's already flustered.'


Sakura kept looking down at her food....questioning when she can eat it again while being scared of the woman in front of her. '....I'm...so...hungry but her presence is so strong. I'm so scared......screw it, I'm too hungry'. Sakura finally started eating again but did not have the courage to look up.


"So Nako, are you still available to try that new place tomorrow?"


"Yeah of course unnie! But seriously, we need to come back here and try their food. Here have a taste of this cheese dog" she then brought it near Eunbi's face.


"Ahhh Nako, I actually just came from the gym. I can't."


"If it's delicious, then it's 0 calories...am I right Eunbi unnie hehehe?"


"Hahaha clever are you huh Nako? Okay, 1 bite won't hurt." ‘Using my phrase against me huh? This kid.’


 Eunbi gave in and took a small bite of the cheese dog and instantly lit up.


"Holy crap, this is so good! Mmmmmmm" she voiced as she turned back to glance at Sakura again.


Sakura couldn't help but look up to see Eunbi staring at her again. 'ffffaaaaakkkkmylife'


"Delicious.......if you don't mind, may I try yours Sakura-ssi?"


Sakura looked back down at her food and back at Eunbi while she gestured with her hands towards her bowl. "Uhhhh s-sure! It's Seafood Bibimbap....."


"Here you go unnie, I wasn't gonna use these chopsticks anyway." Nako proceeded to give the older girl her chopsticks.


"Thank you Nak...Nakochan! eatadakissmas!" Eunbi said happily as she took the chopsticks and grab a bite of food off of Sakura's bowl. Sakura in her lips and hid her face behind her palm when she heard her speak.....supposedly Japanese.


"pffffhhfffmm" 'hehehehewhat? Eatadakissmas....she definitely meant itadakimasu. Her broken Japanese was super cute.'


Eunbi diligently brought it to and chewed on it. Her eyes lit up with wonder and she looked at Sakura once again.


"Omaiii....mecha omaiiii..oooishii desu!" she gave a thumbs up to Sakura who still hid her face behind her palms but her eyes were smiling at the older girl.


"pffffhhfffmmfffffffmmmm" 'Omaiii!? She meant umai? I can't with her. Her looks are so serious but her Japanese is too cute! pfffffhhhh....She sounds like a little kid. I need to stop befo-'


Eunbi then took Sakura's palm down and saw her smiling face which startled Sakura and made her eyes go wide again.

 

'ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap'


*tik tik*


"Hehehe, I saw you laughing with your eyes. Why hide your beautiful smile behind your hand Sakura-ssi? That just makes you seem more naughty doesn't it?" said Eunbi with her eyes completely focused on the older Japanese girl.


"I'm sorry!" muttered Sakura.


"Yes I know my Japanese is bad so teach me maybe? How about a private lesson? I'd love to learn it to speak to you better." Eunbi focused on the younger woman again. 'Hehehehe, this is pretty fun. She freezes so fast when I catch her off guard.'


"What is this, some kind of J-K-Drama? Where are the cameras?" Nako spoke since she's been secretly looking at the two since the very beginning. "Dinner and a show huh....or a movie? Well I'd love to watch more but I have to excuse myself for a bit" She showed her phone to the two.

 

"Urgent message....I'll be quick! I want to watch the good parts of this movie hehehehe! Don't kiss before I come back!". Eunbi got up to let Nako through and watched as the smaller girl go outside. She sat down again leaving the 2 women together alone. There was clear tensions in the air so Eunbi decided to speak...


'Good....I can stop playing games and finally talk to her for real now.' Thought the older woman as her intentions changed.


"So Sakura-ssi......your Nako's older cousin huh? Quite a surprise actually...guess the rumors were true."


"......those rumors huh? Yabaii...."


"Dorm's A Japanese visual with all the stories around her....must be uncomfortable with those crowds that sometimes gather around you huh? I've seen it. Rumors spread fast huh? 'What are you getting at?' is what you're thinking of right now.....right? I just wanted to let you know that I can help you if you ever needed it."


"Help me?"


"Yeah, help you."


"With what?"


"You're Nako's cousin and I adore her so much." Eunbi then took Sakura's hand and startled her for the nth time tonight.


"And also I'm the Student Council President and I'm here to help my fellow students out."


"HUH?!"


"I know of your rumor problems and I just wanted you to know I'm determined to stomp it all out.”


"You're the Student Council President?!" yelled Sakura in surprise.


“Why yes I am, which is why I’m so busy.”


“....it makes sense. But why specifically help me?”


“I help everyone of course but these rumors have been a pain in my and I want our students to feel safe. It must be annoying to hear it everywhere right? I’ll do my best to stop it for your sake and also for Nako’s.”


“Thank you...it means a lot actually.”


“No problem. I’ve seen you around a lot but I never knew you were Nako’s cousin.”


“Oh…..”


"The Japanese beauty who always wears ear buds in the hallways so she can't hear all the rumors that surround her. It drowns her everywhere she goes in the hallways she walks so she drowns herself in her music and thoughts….."


“................”


“I heard that from someone and they were looking right at you. That was over 2 months ago but I still remember what that person said. Every now and then, I would follow you and that person was right...you’d keep to yourself and there would be people staring and whispering but I would confront them about it. I stopped it a bit about half a month ago but it came back again suddenly.


“.....I actually do remember a period when I didn’t hear anything for a bit ...that was your doing?” Sakura stared at the bowl in front of her while glancing at Eunbi from time to time.


“Yes, it’s one of my duties to keep students happy right? I’m glad to finally meet you Sakura-ssi. You being Nako’s cousin wasn’t something I foresaw but it’s an added bonus. Again, like I said, just come and ask if you need any help okay? I’ll still be busy but I’ll do my best to confront problems that keep coming up.”


“I’m honestly surprised...I didn’t know the Student Council, let alone their President, would take their time to go and talk to the student’s themselves. Well….I’m probably just dumb and thought they mostly stayed in their offices or something so it’s refreshing." Sakura looked back up at Eunbi again with a small smile.


"Don't be scared to talk to me if you want someone to listen to you, I'm all ears okay?" Eunbi looked at her sincerely with a calm smile and Sakura could feel the truth in her words.


"Thank you Eunbi-ssi. I really really appreciate it." spoke Sakura. She felt herself calm down from before, the person in front of her didn't seem intimidating as she first thought and now gave her a sense of warmth.


"Just call me Eunbi okay? No need to keep the formalit-"


"Hey I'm back! Whooooaaaa....you two are holding hands on the first day? Do I have a new Mom and Dad?!"


Eunbi quickly withdrew her hand from Sakura's in an instant.


"Nako!? It's definitely not what you're thinking! I just thought this ring on her finger looks really beautiful! Right Sakura?"


"Yeah! I told her it was a family heirloom passed from my Grandma and that I cherish it deeply"


"Oh yeah, that heirloom? Yeah it is beautiful and Sakuchan’s pretty lucky to have it hehe! But still…..I thought I caught something romantic or something. Like you two were looking for like couple rings." ‘You can’t fool me unnie ...you just called her Sakura with no honorific ssi.’


"Nako, you're so silly. Anyway, I really have to go now! Come here!" said Eunbi as she stood up. ‘Nako, you seem determined hehehe. Your cousin is really pretty though.....’


The older girl pulled Nako into a deep and warm hug and patted her head.


"I wish I had some time off but I'm so happy that I get a chance to see you! And Sakura, it was nice meeting you. Sorry if I made you a bit uncomfortable earlier.....remember what I said okay beautiful?


"Yes, I'll definitely remember Eunbi-ss......Eunbi" 'Uhhh......first pretty and now she just called me beautiful. What.'


"Actually, here" she took out a pen and scribbled her number on a piece of napkin. She was sticking out her tongue a bit for some reason as she wrote...probably a habit of hers.


"OooooooOOOoooooo, I like where this is going hehehe" Nako exclaimed as she quickly rubbed her hands together. ‘OMG she called Sakura beautiful and Sakuchan called her Eunbi!’


“Nakoooo yah.....anyway, here's my number Sakura. Call me. Seriously. If you don't, I'm gonna knock on every door in Dorm A until I find you." Eunbi spoke with a stern voice as she stared at Sakura again.


"Ohhh uhh....yes, of course."


"Good.....see you when I see you. Remember what I said earlier...or I'll be looking for you okay? Good bye and have a good night Nako. Sakura."


"Bye Eunbi unnie and have a good night also! We'll see each other again Saturday hehe! Maybe you should see Sakura soon too hehehe?"


"Shhhhh Nakochan!!! Uhhh you have a pleasant night as well Eunbi. Take care and really....thanks."


Eunbi then took her box, walked towards the exit while waving at the Japanese girls who waved back. She stopped just before the exit for a few moments and gave them a final wave and then walked out. 'Miyawaki Sakura huh?' Eunbi smiled.


"Awww....I wanted her to stay longer." expressed Nako who was disappointed to see Eunbi leave.


"You trying to set me up huh Nakochan? I mean she is pretty beautiful…and she does uhh...have...uhh...a jinja nice body."


DATE DATE DATE!”


“No…..you trying to become a matchmaker Nakochan!? What's gotten into you all of a sudden?”


“Whaaaaatt? Nooooo. C’mon Dad ...I wouldn’t set you up with Mom.”


“Okay.......have Yena been influencing you? I ought to give that duck a good wack in the forehead.”


“..............phfffffhahahahahahahaha!!” 'Oh man, this conversation is a deja vu!'


“What? What happened?”


“You know ...Yena said almost the same thing to me about you earlier today!” exclaimed Nako.


“Oh no…..Oh Kami sama ...forgive me.....forgive me for thinking like that darn troublesome Yena.” *sigh*


The 2 girls then went on and continued their dinner, talking away as the night went on. It was their first night in a long time where they didn't feel trapped or burdened any more. They can finally be what they once were and talk freely again....just like old times.

 

-----------------------------

-Event Day. 10:40am-

 

One week has gone and past and the Event day has arrived. It was a clear Saturday afternoon and the hustle and bustle of people seemed lost to one dorm where a young woman seem to zip here and there placing miscellaneous items up for the event that she seems very happy about.

 

"And almost done now! I got 95% everything set up for today's event! Now just a few more things here and there...."

 

Today was the destined battle between Sakura and her friend and rival Hyewon. She woke up early at 6 in the morning planning everything out in her head and started setting up everything around 7 and just finished around 10:30 pm. She wanted it to look like an official event and placed posters around in her dorm’s living area and kitchen. She even baked and cooked lots of snacks and appetizers while also setting up food to cook later in the evening time whenever they needed a break from the competition. Her face was jolly today but she still felt nervous because of what happened between her and Hyewon yesterday. 

 

"What's all this unnie? Yaaaahhhhh....are you having a party without me?!" Yena barged into dorm as Sakura was just finishing up and started flailing her arms wildly.

 

“Don’t be dumb, you already know about this so help out will ya?!" Sakura mimicked her roommate's action while running to the living area to place more decorations.

 

"Only if you let me join in!!!" Yena yelled as her nose caught the whiff of all the snacks and treats Sakura just cooked up. 

 

".......no Yena."

 

"But whhhhhhhy?"  Yena asked while walking to the food filled table in the dining room and taking a freshly baked cookie from a basket and started munching on it. 

 

"Because that's why" Sakura blurted.

 

"That's not a reason!! C'mon Unnie.....I'll do your laundry for a week or something! Also wow this is delicious....white macadamia nut!" Yena blurted as she started eating another.

 

"The thing is that me and Hyewon have been planning this for a whole week and it's mainly a competition against me and her."

 

"Yes okay.....BUUUUUUUT it's a competition.....how can you only have 2 players? That's boring...you need more players for more excitement! Also you're mostly thinking of a duel." ....Yena took a plate from the kitchen area and started filling it up with food.

 

"I know what a duel is you idiot......and everything is already printed out, I'm not reprinting everything over again to change a few words!" Sakura said and then went into the living area to put the last poster up.

 

"Then let me join!" Yena followed her and sat on the sofa with all the treats and started having a feast.

 

"You had days to tell us if you wanted to but now you want to join in?." Sakura exclaimed.

 

"Because I'm the best there is and the best there ever will be. Your skills are probably worse than my friend and she doesn't even play games! I bet if you played Super Mario Bros, you'd go left....because you'll be that dumb. You'd probably play Tetris and wonder "Hey? where are the Pokemon?". You'd play Fortnite and wonder "Fortnite? I thought it was Fork knife? You don't cook in this game?!" Yena confidently voiced hoping to get a reaction out of the older girl. It did.

 

A vein violently popped out Sakura's forehead trying to keep herself from getting too annoyed at her room mate…..who always seems to successfully succeed for some reason. "IS THAT SOOO?!!! Honestly I'd let you enter JUST to prove you wrong Duckie! LET'S GO RIGHT NOW!!!" Sakura's mouth erupted like she was spewing lava.

 

Yena laughed at her roommate expression and looked at all the posters and expressed "Hehehehehe...I already have these games too, I'm not gonna be a complete noob at them so that means I can play too! Besides, you never let me play games with you.....it just shows how scared you are of me!" A smug look came upon her face as she shrugged her shoulders and moved them in a mocking fashion.

 

".......OOHH YEAAHHH??" Sakura turned to glare at the younger girl while putting both her hands on her hips in a mocking gesture. 

 

Yena responded with a balled up fist shaking it towards Sakura. "YEAHHHH!!!!"

 

Sakura's anger from before completely vanished as she smirked, raised one hand and made a tick tock notion as a clock would do and uttered "Nope....still a no."

 

"DAMNIT!!" the duck yelled.

 

"Sorry, it's a best outta 3 and there's only 5 games, 2 of my choices and 2 of hers while the last is a drawing. If we added another person, it'll be uneven"

 

"Just add another mystery game then" Yena stood up and walked to Sakura.

 

"............"

 

With both her hands balled up into one in front of her, she stood in front of Sakura and pleaded. "Please Kkura Unnie, I don't ask for much do I? Let me play, I've been wanting to play with you for a while now! Do you find me THAT annoying? You put a lot of effort in this so let's enjoy it together please!

 

"..............fine. And no, I don't find you THAT annoying....just a TAD bit annoying. Let me just text Hyewon and see if she agrees." Sakura felt bad since she did always turn Yena down whenever she saw her playing games. She hesitated letting Yena play her games ever since Yena accidentally deleted Sakura's 92 hour save file of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild since it was in Japanese and Yena didn't know how to read any Japanese.

 

"YAYYYYYYYYYY! DUCK DUCK GOOOOOOOSEEEEE, YOU'RE GONNA LOOOOOOSEEEEEEE!!!" Yena yelled as she ran and jumped around the common area as if she's won the lottery.

 

".............I really wanna throw this phone at you ya know that? I bet I can hit you square in the forehead from this far, that can be a game we play." 

 

"LOVE YOU TOO KKURA UNNIE!" Yena went in for a hug and grasped the older girl tightly in a death squeeze as she's really been wanting to play games with her unnie for months now.

 

"Owwww watch it...my heart hurts remember? Please stop it you duck, I need to message her now" Sakura chuckled while desperately trying to get Yena off her but was too weak in comparison to the excited duck.

 

"Ohhh yeah....sorry.....and NO! DUCK WANT HUG CAT!" Yena spoke as she loosen her grip remembering Sakura's scar.

 

"Gosh Yena…..why does this feel familiar! Also please! It's almost time for me to get her you idiot! Yabaiii. Plus I have to stop by Violeta Creme Cafe to get your special order!"

 

Yena abruptly let go and her eyes widened.

 

"Oh , I forgot about that! Go go go GO GO! GET IT! IT'S SPECIAL! Also can I bring friends over? You cooked so much stuff and I doubt 3 people can eat it all."

 

"Yeah go......oh yeah I forgot to text my new friend Chaewon to come over. She said she knows you. Also Minju wanted to come over.

 

"What?! You two are friends?! I'LL TEXT HER! SHE'S BEEN DECLINING MY REQUESTS SO I'M GONNA TEXT HER OKAY? And you know Minju now? Stop trying to take my friends loserrrrrr!"

 

“Maybe I’m just more charming than you! Anyway let me message my friend first."

 

"As you insist as I eat more of your delicious cookies...." the younger girl went back into the kitchen and happily gather more treats to feast on as she waited for the answer to Sakura's friend's text.

 

Sakura went to the living room and sat down on the couch and hesitantly took her phone out to text KwangBae. ".....*sigh* well.....here it goes.''

-------------------------------

 

“Hello Kangchan.”

“Kkura? what’s up.”

“It’s Yena...she said she wanted to join in the competition.”

“really? she had days to tell us and now she wants in?”

“Yeap. Should we allow her in? What do you think?”

“well...both of us will be the main event but she might surprise us maybe?”

“You think so? It would be a curveball that would be interesting I guess.”

“u know what? Let’s do it.”

“Are you sure?”

“yeah, but we’ll have to add another mystery game.”

“Exactly what she said. Okay, I’ll tell her.

“cool. Kkura…..?”

“Yes Kangchan?”

“what are we?”

“I honestly don’t know.”

“so you’ve been thinking about it too?”

“Almost 80% of my mind...your words mean a lot to me Kangchan...I won’t take it for granted.”

“thank u Kkura ...sorry about yesterday, forgive me plz?

“Don’t be sorry. Both of us are just confused.

“yeah ...u thought the same too huh?”

“Yes...and I’ll wait for you Kangchan...I promise I’ll wait for you”

“and I’ll come when the time feels right...okay?”

“.........are you coming to the dorm soon?”

“I’ll be there in 30 minutes okay? I’ll see u then Kkura. <3”

“Bye Kangchan, see you soon. <3”

"and Kkura......"

"Yes?"

".....I missed u."

"I missed you too Kangchan."

 

----------------------

 

"............she said yes" Sakura uttered silently

 

".....oh, does that mean you two are married now? When’s the wedding? Hehehehe" Yena tilted her head slightly as she teased Sakura with a wide smirk.

 

"...........what?" Sakura acted like she didn't hear the younger girl.

 

"What what?" Yena answered still smirking while walking back to get her plate to bring back to the kitchen.

 

"I'm leaving now okay? Hyewon is gonna be here in 30 minutes so go ahead and call your friends."

 

"Yeah go go go! Hurry up and get my package!"

 

Sakura began walking towards the door and her heart felt happier again. She touched her heart unconsciously in thought but felt sudden pain. She forgotten that her scar was there and was still in healing. She sighed…..’Emotions ...what are they huh? They can sneak up on you all of a sudden. Sadness. Love. Pain. Happiness. Excitement….just let me live will ya?’

 

She opened the door and her eyes widened as a black flash swiftly came forward to consume her. A pair of hands wrapped their way around her in a hug and she felt a head lay on her shoulder with their face buried in her neck.


“Surprise.”


“......Kangchan?”


“Hello Kkura......I didn’t forget about that hug you offered yesterday you know? I’m just here to claim it now…..and to also win my trophy...Princess.” "I'm sorry.....but I really really missed you.....Sakura.''


Sakura was stunned for a moment but an overwhelming feeling of happiness overcame her as she felt a big smile form on her face. She automatically wrapped her hands around Hyewon as a response. ‘I.....I missed you....it hasn't even been a day but I really missed you. Are you my happiness?’. She embraced Hyewon deeply and leaned into the raven haired girl and felt the ghostly pain grow inside of her chest again.

 

But for her at that moment, she didn't care any more....that pain was well worth it.


Love can be a surprise.

 

------------

"Speech"

'thoughts' 

 

Hi everyone....I said I was gonna update soon right? Haha. This chapter was mostly written already but I had to change a LOT of parts and revise them...mostly just small world building and small side characters. The Restaurant part with Nako/Eunbi was originally supposed to be after Chaewon's meeting and before Yena/Hyewon's prank on Sakura but I had to move it. You all were supposed to get only a small glimpse of Sakura's past earlier but I changed it to make it flow better. Eunbi was supposed to know about Sakura's past from Nako but I didn't like that so I made Yena/Hyewon learn it from Sakura since it's way better that way. Yena and Hyewon's prank was supposed to end up with them seeing Eunbi/Sakura holding hands while they were spying outside lol. Sakura and Hyewon was supposed to meet after that and it would've put a more antagonist role for Hyewon(at that time)...but who needs that right? Hyekura already has too much angst fics so I changed it. That was like a week ago but yeah...that's a lot changed huh? You don't know how much I've written that hasn't been used because scenario changes.....a TON. Any who, sorry for the long write up but I hope you enjoyed the chapter! The Event finally starts next chapter!