Jealousy

Together stronger

 

SEOKJIN'S POV:
Yes I was jealous, how could I not be? He had everything and it was all because of family.
I rolled my eyes as he stepped out in front of everyone.I didn't see why it had to be such a big deal, just name someone and get on with it.
'As if you wouldn't want the attention if you could' said a little voice inside me 'stop thinking you're above your station because you're not and you never will be Omega' I squeezed my eyes shut, I didn't need my own brain reminding me of just how low I actually was, I already knew no one cared about me.
I was at the bottom of the pile and I always would be.
I looked up at Namjoon, he really had no idea how lucky he was. I let my mind wander, we had been friends once but his family had put a stop to it, at the time I was confused because I had always thought that a pack was meant to stick together and look after each other and now, he was just abandoning me.
I suddenly felt sorry for Namjoon and hoped deep down that now he was in charge he could put things right and we could be a proper pack but somehow, I doubted it.
I sighed and turned around, phased and ran off into the woods.
I felt so much better as a wolf, I felt free, as if I could do anything and not be tied down. We were all the same deep down and should be treated as such, I hoped that I would see at least a small change now.
I ran and ran for what seemed like hours but decided that I should probably go back now before someone noticed I wasn't at the ceremony and got into trouble,not because they were worried about me or anything like that.

NAMJOON'S POV:
I scanned the crowds looking for Seokjin but had no luck. I sighed and Taehyung held his hand on my shoulder.
'You can do it' he whispered in my ear.
I stepped out and waved to everyone, smiled and spoke about how I would do my best for the good of the pack and do my best to lead them etc. Everyone clapped and cheered but I felt like I was going to faint, luckily for me, Taehyung noticed and pulled me off the stage.
'Are you okay?' he asked, worry spreading across his face.
'I-I think so' I replied 'where was Seokjin? I couldn't find him' Taehyung shrugged and I sighed.
I had tried to stay friends with Jin as well as Taehyung but that had proved too much for both families and we weren't allowed to. I hated it so much and now Seokjin probably hated me because of it.
I should have been happy today, but I wasn't and I didn't think I could be for a while.