Rules

Together stronger

SEOKJIN'S POV:
I kept running until couldn't run anymore and then phased back trying to catch my breath, fighting back the tears that were stinging my eyes.
We had been friends and he abandoned me just like that. I was older, maybe I should have been Alpha instead...
'Look at you trying to be tough' the voice in my head appeared again 'don't let them push you around like that, fight back'
I shook my head, I couldn't go against Namjoon like that.
I'd always been taught to do what was right and speak my mind, to stand up for myself even if it meant standing alone.

NAMJOON'S POV:
'You're kidding right? Like you actually have to kidding me right now' I looked to Taehyung but he just shrugged.
'Namjoon, to keep the traditions of the pack you must be paired with another Alpha, you must have a mate of the same standing to be able to mentain the bloodline'
'Can I not choose for myself?' they shook their heads, Taehyung looked sorry for me.
'So now I'm Alpha,my whole life is going to be dictated for me?'
'It isn't like that Namjoon, it's-'
'Yes it is' I interupted, the elders looked shocked but I didn't care, I saw Taehyung smirk, 'you're all speaking like I have no choice in the matter at all,which is true because let's face it, I don't. What if I don't love the one I'm paired with?'
'That doesn't matter, it isn't about love'
'Well it should matter!' I was getting frustrated at this point which is why I raised my voice 'any partnership needs love if it is going to work out properly'
'Namjoon...'
'NO! I don't wanna hear it' I shouted 'everyone get out! NOW!' I yelled when no one moved.
After that, only Taehyung remained.
'You know full well I'm not going anywhere' he said and he sat down 'what's going on Joonie?'
I sighed 'it's just not fair, this whole thing is unfair, not just for me but for the poor girl that gets paired with me'
'Okay, first off, don't you dare talk about yourself like that and second, there's something else bothering you so don't bother lying and spill the beans because you know I'll find out somehow'
It's true, he would.
'Your silence says it all,you're already in love with someone aren't you?' I nodded slowly 'and I think I know who it is'
'How??' I asked confused.
'Because it's blindingly obvious to anyone with half a braincell' he replied and then smiled at me 'it's Seokjin isn't it?'
I looked down at my feet and nodded.
Taehyung hugged me.