Just the start

Together stronger

NAMJOON'S POV:

I was the previous Alpha's son, that's how I ended up where I was, I didn't even want it. I was quite happy just bobbing along as I was, I'd never even properly phased before and now suddenly, I was forced into the spotlight.
'Surely there's someone better than me' I said.
'That's not the way it works Sir' I cringed at that word.
'Please don't call me that, my name is Namjoon' I said and smiled, turning around to look at myself. I sighed when I saw my reflection. 
I didn't look like me at all, the only way I knew who it was, was the fact the figure staring back at me had the same hair and eyes as I did.
'I hate this' I mumbled to myself before heading out to face everyone.
I was not looking forward to it at all and just wanted it to be over and out of the way as soon as possible.
'Guess who' said a familiar voice as hands covered my eyes
'Hey Taehyung' I smiled and he patted my back and smiled back at me.
'You ready then?' he winked.
'Not in the slightest' I replied and he hugged me.
'You'll be great. I know you will, you'll make everyone proud' he told me.
'Well at least you have faith in me Tae, not sure about everyone else though'
'Everything will be fine Joonie, you'll see' he smiled again.
I owed Taehyung a lot. He'd been my best friend since we were kids.
We'd gotten into trouble a lot when we were young and he always took the blame because of who I was. I had been the reason he'd phased for the first time, we had had an argument and he had gotten really angry and almost attacked me, luckily, an elder stepped in and we were told to not be friends anymore but we ignored this and carried on, we didn't let anything get in the way of our friendship in the end.
He was the only one who treated me the same as everyone else, I never got any special treatment with him, and never wanted any. I had always hated the idea of status defining our worth and had vowed to myself that when I became Alpha that I would put a change to that and Taehyung helped me to keep a clear head at all times.
I turned to him and he smiled.
'You can do this Namjoon' he said 'I know you can'
'Thank you for everything Taehyung' I replied and I hugged him.