The Odds - Taegi

All in love with Yoongi - Series of Oneshots and short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEGI: The alternate universe where ex-boyfriends Yoongi and Taehyung are locked in an elevator

 

The Odds

 

The Odds: The chances or likelihood of something happening

 

 

 

Yoongi was running late for his first day at BigHit Entertainment. The new Artistic Director did not want to make a bad impression, but the universe seemed to be against him this morning, as he stumbled into a woman in his building hall, missed the train for the city center, and forgot his lunchbox in the taxi when he finally slid inside the empty elevator of BigHit.

 

“Humph…” He sighed when he got in.

 

He was about to press the eight-floor button, when a voice hollered him to ‘wait’. Yoongi stopped dead in his tracks. It was like a blast from the past. It was the voice of his high-school boyfriend, Kim Taehyung, one year younger than him and music prodigy back in Daegu.

 

“Thank you” Taehyung breathed out, when he entered the elevator in his turn.

 

Yoongi stared at him with round eyes. Taehyung did not change, except the fact that he was now taller than him, he still had those cute pink lips, this honey caramel skin, those long veiny fingers and this mole on the arm he could see through his white shirt. Yes Taehyung was the same, and the effect he was doing to his heart too.

 

The younger pressed the tenth floor and turned to meet the elder’s eyes.

“Which floor?” He asked him calmly.

 

Yoongi frowned. Did Taehyung do not remember him? How was it possible? They dated for three years, after all – a beautiful relationship full of promises, which ended in a hurtful way when Taehyung’s parents spotted them at the Park kissing. They tried to keep their relationship a secret for few months after that but little by little Taehyung was feeling trapped and because he was afraid of his parents and ‘what society would think’, he decided to break up.

It was the worst time of Yoongi’s life. This separation made him sick and depressed for months.

 

And even after years, when his best friend Jin would ask him if he still loved Taehyung, his heart would make a twitch because there would always be this ‘oh so tiny but huge’ something about Taehyung, Yoongi could not let go.

 

At this thought, Yoongi found himself wondering what the younger was doing in Seoul.

What were the odds?

And how he happened to be at BigHit Entertainment office?

What were the ‘ing’ odds?

 

The last Yoongi heard, Taehyung was preparing a new album with Jeon Jungkook, more known as JK, at CHIM Entertainment in Busan.

 

Yoongi shook his head and pressed the eight-floor, deep in thought. He then eyed the younger up and down, feeling a little jerk in his as Taehyung looked just as hot as he had in high school. But when Yoongi’s eyes went up to his face, he startled as Taehyung’s brown eyes were staring into his.

 

“Are we continuing to act like total strangers?” Taehyung said and God his voice deepened with time.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yoongi snapped back, unbothered to reply to Taehyung’s jest.

 

This one chuckled.

“You did not change.” He smiled as if he remembered something funny from the past.

 

“You neither… always this stupid smile.” He snapped back.

 

“Ouch” Taehyung said touching his chest as if he just got shot.

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, but really he wanted to smile at Taehyung’s reaction. So to prevent his lips from turning into a broad grin, he decided to take a sip of his water bottle.

 

“When I heard you will be BigHit new Artistic Director, I decided to accept their longtime offer to sign in their agency.” Taehyung answered more seriously, causing Yoongi to almost choke.

 

The young Director started to cough, trying hard to catch his breath while the other just stood there looking at him. He finally managed to get himself under control and asked:

“What? You signed here because of me?... Okay, you got me; that was a great joke. So what is the punch line?”

 

“Why are you so surprise Yoonie?” Taehyung asked while Yoongi’s heart made a U-turn at the nickname leaving Taehyung’s mouth after so many years. “You’ve always been the love of my life.” The younger stated as a matter-of-fact.

 

At this declaration, Yoongi’s mouth just fell open. He did not know what to say. Taehyung had been in his mind for so long. All these years he was writing love letters to him in his head. And that was where they stayed.

But now Taehyung was in front of him. And it felt unreal.

 

Sincerly, Yoongi never thought he would ever meet someone that could be compared to his ex, Taehyung.

The young director could see all sort of people, and no matter who they were or what they said, they could not capture his attention quite the way Taehyung could.

He could talk to all sorts of other people, yet he always found himself thinking about how they were not quite as charming as Taehyung, or they did not make him laugh quite as genuinely.

He knew people always said that your first love is the person you compare everyone to, but it was partly right. Because Taehyung was not just Yoongi’s first love but also true love.

 

However, this one broke his heart because he was too afraid to fight for what they had, to stand up and assume his relationship with him. He left him… because he could not say he was… gay.

 

‘And now what? He regrets?’ Yoongi raged in his head.

 

“That’s not happening!” Yoongi coughed as he pressed the eight-floor button again and again despite the voice in his head arguing that the elevator would not go faster.

 

In point of fact, it did quite the contrary because soon the elevator roared loudly, the light switched off and on and it stopped a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter