My Best Friend's brother - Taegi

All in love with Yoongi - Series of Oneshots and short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEGI: The alternate universe where Yoongi falls in love with Taehyung, his best friend's brother.

 

 

Yoongi left.

He left.

He went back to Paris.

But since, Taehyung could not sleep.

He was missing his brother’s best friend.

He was missing Yoongi, deep in the core.

He was thinking about this summer.

This whole summer they spent together in Seoul.

 

"Yoongi..." Taehyung sighed.

 

Yoongi was one of a kind, he seemed to never get tired of his pointless stories.  He always showed his eagerness to talk to the younger every minute of the day. Yoongi made him feel like he actually mattered.

 

While his Hyung was invading his reveries, Taehyung wondered what this one was thinking about at night before going to bed.

Maybe Yoongi was thinking about him too?

Maybe Yoongi was loving him as a beautiful person, not because of his looks but because of his mind and soul. Maybe Yoongi had fallen for the younger’s messy side and still see the beauty in that.

Maybe all of this was not a dream.

 

Walking down the streets, Taehyung casted a few glances at Yoongi’s pictures on his phone… this one always pouting in each photograph.

However one particular picture made the young man smile broaden: a picture of Yoongi cooking ramen, with a white shirt complementing his pale complexion.

 

“I’ve always thought that you dress to kill… and thinking about it you cook much the same way…” Taehyung remembered he had joked.

In fact that day, Taehyung realized that he had a new reason to fight his fear of plane: And this reason was... Yoongi.

 

 

***

 

He had to leave.

Yoongi had to leave.

The holidays were over and he needed to go back to Paris where he lived.

But since, he could not forget his best friend’s brother. He was missing Taehyung, deep in the core.

Taehyung had this boxy smile, he snored, he said whatever things that came in his mind, he was weird and could not care less about what people would think of him. Taehyung, for Yoongi, was unique. Unique in a way his heart could not forget him. Did not want to.

 

 

“You guys really got along.” Jin stated when they landed in the capital of France, looking at the picture of their summer vacation in Seoul.

 

“Hm.” Yoongi simply answered. “Your brother is… nice.”

 

But Taehyung was… not just nice, he was special.

Yoongi spent the whole summer vacation at Taehyung’s, Jin’s brother, his best friend brother… and it was the best time of his freaking life. He enjoyed each minute of it.

 

“Nice?” Jin snickered. “I felt like you guys knew each other for decades. You were always together. Sometimes I even felt Taehyung was your best friend.” He teased, showing a picture of Yoongi and Taehyung.

 

Yoongi startled a bit but managed to keep his composure.

“Whatever…” He mumbled but blushed anyway as he stared at the picture.

 

"Do you remember that day?" Jin asked making Yoongi hum.

 

In fact, Yoongi perfectly remembered that moment: that day, he was alone with Taehyung walking the long of Han River while the younger was telling a funny story, apparently so funny he could barely talk. But Yoongi never really cared because hearing the younger's laugh was the best feeling in earth.

Yoongi shook his head with a smile plastered on his face before he chuckled to himself and at the nonsense of a story his dongsaeng was telling him that day.

They spent the afternoon walking around the city, before laying on the grass, watching the birds and clouds, talking; a simple day, wonderful enough for both of them. Actually that’s why Yoongi loved being with the younger.

They could do the simplest things, like toes starfish into the ocean, share a burger or talk and even then he knew he was fortunate. Because Taehyung was the first guy who was not constantly trying to impress him. He accepted who he was, but more than that, he accepted him for him.

 

He somehow knew Taehyung would be kind of hard to forget. He knew it, way before he actually met him…

 

It, in truth, all started eight years ago.

 

 

Eight years ago.

 

Yoongi was coming back to his little studio in Paris after his French class. He was doing an exchange program with Sorbonne University and was supposed to stay two more years to get his bachelor when he met Jin. At that time he was far from thinking that Jin would be the brother of the love of his life.

 

“Hm… do you need some help?” Yoongi arched an eyebrow when he saw Jin struggling to carry a box full of clothes out of a rented car.

 

“Oh…” The other blinked. “I actually do... if it does not bother you.” He smiled.

 

Yoongi shrugged and took one of the boxes.

“Gosh, what is inside? Rocks?” Yoongi voiced, his face already sweating.

 

“Books” Jin giggled. “I’m Seokjin by the way, but everyone calls me Jin.”

 

“My name is Yoongi… and everyone calls me Yoongi. Well... if I’m still alive after carrying your rocks... everyone would continue to call me Yoongi otherwise  I would just be Yoongi, the dead man” He teased making Jin burst out laughing.

 

“I owe you. Beers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter