My Brother's Best Friend - Taegi

All in love with Yoongi - Series of Oneshots and short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEGI: The alternate universe where Taehyung meets Yoongi, his brother's best friend

 

 

“Hi, sorry, I’m late.” Seokjin smiled when he saw Taehyung at the terminal of Incheon Airport.

 

It was summer and Seokjin could finally enjoy two months of holidays in Seoul.

 

Indeed, Seokjin had moved from Seoul to the capital of France eight years ago after his high-school graduation in order to enter a famous architecture School. Since then, the young twenty-six years old man fell in love with the country and decided to build his life in the romantic city of Paris.

 

Of course he, sometimes, missed his beloved Korea and family.

As a matter of fact he came to visit his relatives twice a year for Christmas holidays with his parents in Daegu and during summer in Seoul to stay with his brother, Taehyung.

And other times, his family would enjoy a trip in Paris and visit him… Well… Not his entire family, since Taehyung suffered from a phobia about planes.

Seokjin could tell him how nice France was: the south for the sun, the North for the good food, the East for the mountains and the West for the beaches.

Taehyung would still answer: “If only I could come by train…”.

Seokjin could tell him that Paris had one of the best Fashion schools for him to go and do his MBA, Taehyung would still answer “If only I could come by train…”.

Seokjin could tell him how interesting his new friends were, and specially his best friend for now eight years called Yoongi, Taehyung would still answer: “If only I could come by train…” before adding in a chuckle “Yoongi seems so funny!”

 

Taehyung remembered the first time Seokjin talked about his friend Yoongi. It was Seokjin's first day in his new apartment, Yoongi who was entering in the building, helped him with his boxes and Seokjin decided to thank him with beers and pizza. They were neighbours, but over the months Seokjin had got to know his dongsaeng well. One year younger than him, Yoongi was disrespectfully savage; always answering him back, and always leaving his clothes lying around HIS flat while his was dead clean. Yoongi was ‘a pain in the ’ would joke Seokjin to Taehyung, yet hard times always reveal true friends.

And Yoongi was the best of the best friend someone could wish. He even became just like a brother to Seokjin.

 

Taehyung really wanted to meet “the guy” but well… there was no train from Seoul to Paris.

 

“You here! Summer can finally start.” Taehyung hugged his brother. “I was getting impatient. What took you so long?”


“I just got held up.”


“With a gun?”


“No Yoongi’s luggage had been lost. He is in an office inside, filling a report.”


“Oh, okay…. You came with your friend?” Taehyung widened his eyes, tilting his head as he looked at the exit gate.

 

“Yep.” Seokjin replied with a shrug.

 

“O-kay.” Taehyung squinted. “So he will stay with us for the night?”

 

“Nope. The whole summer. His parents are in Tokyo, so I proposed him to come at your place instead of staying alone in Daegu.”

 

Taehyung blinked. “I like when you invite people at my place without asking…”

 

Seokjin burst out laughing and winked.

Classic.

 

Taehyung shook his head with a smile.

He had missed his brother, his loud laugh, his jests, his cooking, and his bad manners.

 

“I think it will take him ten minutes to finish whatever he needs to do for his lost and join us.”

 

Taehyung nodded silently and gulped back. He was feeling… a little bit strange. As they were waiting, he even felt a knot in his stomach growing. He could not understand why but somehow this first encounter with Yoongi was making him nervous.

 

“It’s him… Oh no wrong person” Seokjin laughed, while Taehyung’s knot was growing more and more.

 

Few passengers went out and Taehyung could swear the knot was turning his stomach inside out.

Then a man appeared. And Taehyung met his eyes. The impact was so strong he was amazed to still stand on his feet.

 

Taehyung had never been the one to believe in love at first sight, so he blinked twice but the race in his chest left no doubt about how every cell in his body was burning for this man walking towards him.

Indeed, this is going to sound crazy, but… from the moment Taehyung first set eyes on Him, he knew he would not be able to stop thinking about Him. It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight. It was love at every sight.

 

“Here he is.” Jin waved at the man.

 

When Yoongi came near the brothers, he bowed lightly at the younger and smiled.

“Hello! You have to be Taehyung. I’m Yoongi thank you for offering your place.”

 

Taehyung blinked again. Surprise by how deep the voice of the other was.

 

“Tae?” Jin chuckled, in an attempt to jolt his brother out from his reveries.

 

And what would follow, Taehyung had no explanation whatsoever about why he asked the following question.

 

“How could I stay two months with you?”

 

“Hum don't know? Does it bother you?” Yoongi chuckled, glancing at Jin.

 

“Of course it does not. You’re family, idiot.” Jin simply shrugged off the awkwardness of the situation. “Let’s grab a cab.”

 

“Yeah, yes.” Taehyung quickly added, feeling how weird his question could have sounded.

 

As the taxi drove them to Taehyung’s house, an unbearable silence settled between the three. Seokjin did not know why his brother looked so tense, Taehyung was trying to understand why Yoongi made him feel so nervous and Yoongi was wondering the reasons why the little brother of his best friend who was supposed to be a bubble of energy looked somehow disturbed to meet him.

 

The tension continued at the apartment when Taehyung offered the fastest tour at Yoongi. Showing him the living room, the two bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen robotically while Seokjin was unpacking his suitcase in the guest room he would share with his best friend.

 

“So I think I show you everything. Feel at home.” Taehyung concluded as they finished the visit in the kitchen.

 

“It will be hard.” Yoongi chuckled.

 

“What do you mean?” Taehyung asked, caught off guard.

 

“You look a bit upset to have me here.” Yoongi said straightaway.

 

Taehyung touched his chest, at the place of his heart, as if he just got stabbed.

 

“I am not upset!” He defended.

But Yoongi stayed silent and just looked at the younger steadily.

 

“I’m not upset.” Taehyung repeated again. “E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter