Chapter 19

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 18, 2027

 

I sat adjacent to Baekhyun as he took a sip of the rose tea I had prepared as the silent awkward aura permeated in the air. I would like to say it was a mix of both anxiety and fear, but maybe that was just me. After all, I was still trying to understand why the hell my memories were different and trying to process the fact that I might actually have went back in time. However, that posed the question to why Baekhyun was sitting here right in front of me?

I knew that I had enjoyed my date with him moreover than the first time, but why did he come to my apartment? No clue.

"So-"

"I-"

We both start at the same time as we looked down awkwardly at the teacups in our hands before looking back up at each other with somewhat of a glimmer of excitement in both of our eyes. I watch as he cracks a smile and little block of a smile that I had known him for made a small appearance.

"You first."

The tone of his voice light and airy as I nodded and shifted my head toward his.

"So what brings you here?"

I try to ask politely. Maybe on another day when I wasn't exactly going through some midlife crisis that may have caused me to believe that I had travelled back in time. To make myself believe that I had changed things.

However, the more and more I thought about it, the more redundant it felt. I mean, Byun Baekhyun was sitting in front of me. What other solidity did I need?

Therefore, I watched carefully as he gently placed the tea cup back onto the saucer as he smiled at me. “I just really wanted to see you. I hope I wasn’t disturbing anything.” 

I could feel my cheeks threatening to give away how I felt, but I spoke before they could, “No, you’re fine.” 

His soft laughter bounced around in my ears as I looked at him through my lashes. Unlike the first time we had meant, Baekhyun wasn’t wearing a suit. This time, the man wore a simple oversized white Privé shirt and jeans. I had learned from Minyoung that the popular brand was just a small portion of the fortune Baekhyun’s family owned. Apparently, the family had their hand in everything from fashion down to simple day to day plastic packaging.

“I just wanted to see if you wanted to go on a second date?” The uncertainty in his face was trying to mask itself with a small smile, but I liked that Baekhyun was cautious. He wasn’t overly confident at the right times and it made him feel more down to earth.

“But I guess calling you would have been the better option?” He laughed as I snapped out of my thoughts. Looking up at him, I blinked before shaking my head. Yeah, maybe it was weird that Baekhyun didn’t just call me and this was maybe the fourth time of us seeing each other and the second time of us actually seeing each other, but it wasn't that weird? He got my address from Minyoung, if she thought it was weird, she wouldn’t have given him my address.

“It’s not weird, I can see where you’re coming from.” He smiled, but I continued, “What is weird is that Jaehyun didn’t call me before sending you up.” Usually, the concierge downstairs would call when we had guests besides those he recognized. For me, that would only be Minyoung and her family, Jennie, and Kris. I was expecting Baekhyun to tell me that his family owned the building and for me to feel extremely awkward that I was living in the guy I was maybe seeing’s building. However, his answer was a bit more normal. 

“Oh, my friend just moved to the penthouse last week, so I’m already familiar with Jaehyun.” I nodded at the prospect of maybe running into Baekhyun’s friend one day. I could only ever dream of living in the penthouse. I was somewhere in the middle of the building, but nowhere near the pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter