Chapter 17

Take Me Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

April 8th, 2019

 

I smile as I look down at my phone. Of course Park Law accepted me, they did the first time. This was my first big internship and ultimately the place that I would go onto work for.  Therefore, as I looked around the room, I could see people overly excited or down right bitter about the emails they had received. However, it wasn’t until I looked beside me that I saw Kris. He seemed a bit off as I’m sure he should have been pestering me about something. 

So poking his side, I watched as the man looked at me. Smiling, I pretended to try and look at his laptop. 

“Did you get into any?” I asked.

I watched as he smiled softly and shrugged. “Yeah, I got into some.” He answers as I raise my brow at him. Over the past few weeks, Kris and I had become relatively close. Or as close as you can be to Kris Wu. We still had our playground banter, but it was less melicious and more like siblings if I could describe it myself.

“Well, which ones did you get into?” 

I watched as he fiddled with his thumbs trying to figure out if to tell me or not. I’ve never noticed before but Kris wasn’t as confident as I remembered him to be. Maybe it was because we were closer now and his walls were coming down. Or maybe it was just I wasn’t trying to look for a flaw in him. 

“I got into Park Law.” He says as I beam at him. Grabbing his arm, I shake him in excitement, “Hey, me too!” 

However, he continues. “But I got into Jung Legal too.” I finish shaking him as I look at him puzzled. Those were both great choices and anyone else would have been happy to have been selected by the two most prestigious firms in Seoul. 

“Okay, so which one are you picking? They’re both pretty good.” I try to cheer him on without actually trying to cheer him on. Couldn’t be too kind or it would be weird. However, he doesn’t reply and just shrugs. Softening a bit, I up a bit of my pride and finally address the elephant in the room. “What’s wrong, Kris? You should be happy right now, but you’re not.”

The male looks over to me as my concern also startles him a bit. We were getting closer, but not close enough to just ask what was wrong with the other. On the other hand, I was probably Kris’s only friend right now. Even if he was getting a bit closer to Minyoung and her new boy toy, Kyungsoo.

“Jung Legal deals with a lot of civil lawsuits and you know that’s my area of expertise.” I nod in understanding. 

“Then what’s the problem? You should just go there then.” 

Kris closes his eyes briefly and sighs. I wonder what he’s thinking, but I’m sure it’s a heavy thought. Opening his eyes, he looks at me, “Can I tell you something?” He asks.

Nodding my head, he signals me closer as I scoot in. Now close to him, he says softly, “My dad owns Park Law.” He says to me as I pull away with big eyes. “What? Seriously?” I asked.

Suddenly, I feel a bit wrong knowing that he was the son of our CEO, but that would also explain why he worked longer hours. 

“Seriously?” I asked him agian as he nodded his head. I felt bad for him, but I already knew that Kris was going to pick what he was going to pick. 

“Just pick whichever feels right.” But I still try to sway him.

“But anyway, isn’t your last name Wu? Not Park?” I asked him as he smiled a bit more. “Yeah, it’s Wu.” He laughed. “CEO Park is my step dad. He married my mom when I was young, so he’s like my real dad.” 

I smile at him. It was nice to know that his step dad treated him like a real son. Most of the time when you hear about step parents, you always feel like there’s going to be something wrong with them. 

“That’s nice.” I comment.

Looking down at my phone, I look back up to Kris. “Well, anyway, if you want to talk about it some other time, feel free to just hit me up. I have to go.” The male nodded his head and waved goodbye to me as I stood up, “Okay. Bye.”

“Bye!”

 

 

I stood in front of the little shop. I had decided to bring back Sehun’s watch and get it engraved, therefore I looked up at the sign of the European styled store.

A Rewind in Time

Smiling, I walked into the shop and the sound of the little chimes on the door rang in the air. The smell of books, leather, wood, and metal gave the place a bit of a rustic vibe. It was filled with little knick knacks and timepieces that just made the store feel like it’s own little world. So as I looked through the shop, I placed a little reminder in my head to one day come back to this shop with Sehun. The niche shop in this part of town would truly intrigue him. 

Sehun was always so easily intrigued and he loved to solve puzzles. Just thinking about it, he was a puzzle. He always held surprises and never ceased to catch me off guard. So I wonder what he was doing at this very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter