Chapter 7

Army love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sorry boss ,Baekhyun is on the phone for you" I hear Mark talk through my desk phone bringing me back to reality. "Thank you Mark" I take a seat and get myself ready as Baek usually talks forever.

"Baek, what's up now?"

"Sorry Chen, I know you hate me waffling on the phone as you have told me plenty of times and have kicked my many times over it, so to save my getting a kicking later, I wanted to know if you had a costume for tonight's party at Kai and Chanyeol's"

"Baek you only told me this morning about the party and to be honest I'm not really in the....."

"Chen do not finish that sentence, you are going and that's final, so give me an idea for your costume"

"Baek I have no clue what to go as, leave it with me a little longer and I will think about something ok, now let me get back to work and I will talk later"

"ok ok but no getting out of this because I will drag you by your hair to that party"

"Ok now go, and I will see you later"

I hang up the phone and try to lose myself in work to make this week finally end being grateful that it's Friday.

" Excuse me Mr Kim but would you have a few minutes?" I hear Mark talk through the phone again making me worry at the tone of his voice. "Sure Mark, come on in" I sit back in the chair twirling a pen in my hand as he enters looking all shy with his head bowed low. He stands in front of me still with his head low. "Mark please sit" I point towards the chair in front of my desk as he quickly sits down. "What seems to be the problem Mark, are you ok, has something happened?" I sit up in my chair worried more now as he finally looks up. "Please don't judge me boss, but I need some advice, but I'm afraid it isn't work related".

"That's ok mark, I told you before you could tell me anything". I watch him as he sits up really straight. "Ok well you know about the army?" he looks at me with wide eyes. "Yes I do, but that's a far bit away in years for you to be worrying about that now". I fall back into the chair grateful it wasn't anything really important. "No, it's not that, you see the army have this web chat thing where you can talk to the new recruits and I was wondering if you think it would be safe to talk to someone on there?" I feel my heart race in my chest at the thought of Minseok talking to anyone else. "Sir are you ok?" Mark says, making me look at him. "Yeah sorry, if that's what you want why don't you do it, I'm sure it's safe" I give him a fake smile as he gets all excited now. "Just don't be on it while at work or using the company computer as we don't need anyone getting into our system" I tell him as he gets up from my desk. "No sir, I promise I won't, it has an app now so you can get notifications on your phone if your pen pal writes back, it should be exciting, I will set it up later, thank you sir". He hurries out of my office with a bounce in his step.

I wait for him to close the door before I quickly take out my phone and try to find the app in the app store. Scrolling through I find it and nearly scream that I will be able to go to the party later and still message Minseok at the same time. I nearly screech like a kid as I begin to download it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter