Chapter 8

Army love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi Jongdae, hope your day is going ok. We got a bit of time to read some messages from family so since I got some extra time I just wanted to send you a message now. I will be back on later if you like we can talk then , Minseok 

I quickly reply 

Hi Minseok, I'm sorry I missed your message. I am just in the door from work. I would like to talk later if you're up for it, anyway hope your day was ok, talk soon, Jongdae.

I send the message and make sure I am logged into it on my phone too so I don't miss any more messages. I pause and think should I really be this easy to contact, won't I sound desperate and come across as if I'm never off this sight. He will probably think I have no life at all.

Pounding on the door

"Chen chennie chen" . I hear Baek through my door making me huff as I unlock it as he pounces in like an excited child. "I'm going to go have a shower now so we can get ready for the Parrrrrtaaaaeeee" He bounces out of my room just as quickly and all I can do is laugh at him. I bet he is being like this because he just kissed Kai on the landing outside. Should I about it or wait to use it at a later time. I hear the music get higher and I fall on my bed. This is going to be a long night I huff as my bedroom is shaking from the beat of the music they are playing next door.. 

I get up and dig through my wardrobe for clothes to wear under my yellow raincoat. I settled for a pair of denim jeans, a white shirt and a pair of black Vans. I place them on my bed and grab a towel heading into the sitting room waiting for Baek to be finished. A half hour has passed by and Baek is doing god knows what in the bathroom. I decide to tidy up a bit around the apartment while he is busy because I know tomorrow there is going to be a lot of sore heads in this building and the slightest noise will cause a war. I wash and put away dishes and clean off the counter in our kitchen seeing the overflowing bin. Laughing when I see it I realise Baek didn't even bring the bin out, so what trash did he bring out earlier. The lying little , I grab the bin tying the handles together as I head out our apartment past party central and throw the trash into the garbage shoot. Returning to head back to my apartment I see the door to Kai and Chanyeol's open. "Hey gorgeous" I laugh up as I see Chanyeol winking at me  walking out half dressed looking towards the lift. 

"Hey Chanyeol" I keep walking past as he shouts after me. "You're coming tonight right, I might have a nice guy for you tonight Chen" he winks again as I open my apartment door. "I don't need a man thanks, I already have one". I hurry inside closing the door, my heart pounding in my chest. "Why the hell did I tell him that?" I rub my face with my hands, annoyed with myself. 

"Hey, shower is all yours" Baek shouts as he walks into his bedroom   after forgetting his towel again and dripping water all along the floor. "I so need a new roommate" I head over to the sofa and grab my towel as I hurry into the shower. 

Stepping in, the heat of the water is so nice and I finally have a bit of peace and quiet as there is no music playing now for some strange reason but I am grateful. My peace is soon ruined as Baek barges into the bathroom wanting to brush his teeth. "BAEK CAN'T YOU WAIT TO DO THAT AFTER I FINISH MY SHOWER?" I shout at him, making him laugh. "Sorry Chen but I need to do it". I huff and finish my shower stepping out wrapping the towel around me. 

"I'm in such a good mood" He says smiling as he brushes his teeth checking them in the mirror. I leave the bathroom to get dressed not wanting to hear that sort of conversation about what I witnessed outside on the landing earlier.

Ping ping 

I hear my phone and I feel like my stomach is going to fall out my . I hurry over to it and slide it open to see a notification from the Army page. I sit on the bed with my heart pounding in my chest as I see a message from Minseok.

Hey Jongdae, I hope you had a good day at work and didn't work too hard. 

I fall back on to my back on the bed all excited that I even let out a little scream of excitement . I wait for like a millisecond before I reply.

Hi Minseok, my day was good, not too busy, glad this week is over. How was your day? 

I wait all excited as I spot those three dots under my message meaning he is writing back. I smile and bite my lip waiting patiently to reply .

Oh hey, I thought you would have been out with friends with it being Friday. My day was good, I'm also grateful that it'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter