Chapter 2

Elevator Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lola was laying on Irene’s lap while she was reading a book. Irene her furry with one hand, she held the book with the other. Touching and her was some kind of a therapy to her. She believed that cats had this effect on humans and even read it once in her textbooks. Lola was chilled and relaxed on her lap until she heard a loud noise which startled her – as well as Irene. She easily got scared of lots of things in everyday life wherefore her friends made fun of her from time to time. Don’t misunderstand, she didn’t have a weak character, but she wasn’t the strongest neither.

Irene turned her head to where the noise came from. She embraced Lola in her arms and walked to the door. It was very unusual to hear noises at night in her floor since she lived alone. There were three apartments altogether in her floor. One apartment was always empty since she moved in and a pair moved out last month from the other one. Usually, it’d be silent in this hour because her neighbours from other floors barely stepped her floor. When they did, it’d be in the daylight, because they knew Irene didn’t like talking to people when it’s too late.

Peeking through the hole in her door, she tried to understand where the noise came from, but at first sight there was nobody. She leaned back and peeked again. Irene couldn’t clearly see the scenario, but she was sure, someone walked into the apartment which lay to her right side. Irene slightly frowned “Guess we have a new neighbour, Lola.” She whispered to her cat, who just meowed at her. The sight made Irene feel uncomfortable. She didn’t like having neighbours in the same floor. It wasn’t like she principally hated them. It was the fact, that the knowing them process was too long for her. She had no energy to measure what kind of a person it may be, therefore preferred living alone- without any kind of stranger, social interaction.

The next morning Irene stretched her whole body and took a morning shower afterwards. Then, she prepared herself breakfast while she gave Lola her morning cat food. She her for a moment, before she gave her full attention to her breakfast. Munching her cereal, a slight frown formed between her eyebrows. She hurriedly rushed to the door as she heard a noise again and peeked. A woman was coming out of the door and waited in front of the elevator. So, we have a female neighbour. Irene thought and moved back since she felt like a stalker. The fact, that it was a female made Irene feel slightly relieved. She could deal easier with women than men. The male species was something to her, she could not come along with. Not that they are complicated, but very easy to handle. You just have to activate their testosterone hormones, if you want something. Then, they become the nicest person on earth. Irene found that system very easy working and saw women as the higher developed species.

Weekend meant for Irene – seeing her parents. She wanted to give them a short visit before heading to her part-time job. After finishing her breakfast, playing with Lola and dressing up, she bid her goodbye to her cat with a smile and made her way out. She loved the way how Lola just stared and meowed at her whenever she waved to her. Irene knew she was speaking to her and even she couldn’t exactly understand her words, she still got the message.

Irene stepped into the elevator and pressed the button. The door was slowly getting closed but stopped by a foot which startled Irene. A man with a backpack, black cap and black face mask stepped in. He was dressed all black beside his white sneakers. Irene frowned and unknowingly took a few steps behind. She didn’t know him, so sudden fear filled her whole body. She clearly saw that her neighbour was a female and she left a few hours ago. So, who was this person? Maybe he moved into the other apartment? He stood in front of her and pressed the button to close the door. The ride downstairs might be the longest Irene experienced until now. Literally no one stepped in, they were the only ones the whole time. Irene let out a relieved breath, when they finally arrived the ground-floor. The man left the building without talking to her.

Irene’s parents were always generous when it came to their daughter. They always supported and loved her regardless of her individual decisions. She loved her mother’s cooking skills since she was a little kid and the fact, she always got something to eat delicious whenever she visited them made her happy. It was almost 2pm already when she left her parents’ house. She made it right on point to her part-time job.

“Lucky you, hm?” Her chef greeted her when she came half panting to the coffee shop. She slightly smiled and went to the backside to take her apron. It was a chilly working day for Irene although it was a Saturday which surprised her. Usua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter