Chapter 3

Elevator Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Donghae?” The woman called which made him turn his head. Irene could see the annoyance in his face the moment he saw her. "Were you leaving?" She asked him. "No, I was about to go back." He answered. The woman stepped inside of the elevator and smiled at Irene whose smile couldn't directly be seen since she lightly moved her lips up. The elevator door closed again. The woman was holding and Donghae's hand while they waited to arrive at their stocks. Irene felt more than uncomfortable in that situation and all she wanted was to run away as soon as possible.

Finally, the elevator door opened again. Irene immediately get off and walked to her apartment. She closed the door without looking back and sighed a breath of relief. What kind of a guy is he? She thought and held her face. How dare he can touch me? Irene turned around to see through the hole that they were entering his apartment. Irene rolled her eyes and went to Lola "I have something delicious for my babygiiiirl ~~" She smiled and showed her cat the can she was holding. Lola meowed and followed her to the kitchen. Irene placed her food on the ground and watched her eating for a moment before she her and made her way into her bedroom.

Irene couldn't stop thinking of the occasion she witnessed earlier. She literally saw him taking money from that girl outside and he got almost violent in the elevator. The thought that a criminal lived near her made Irene feel uncomfortable. Lola meowed and snuggled in her embrace. Irene hugged her tightly and closed her eyes. She wanted to sleep peacefully at least that night.

The next morning Irene made herself ready to go out for a walk. She dressed in sporty, comfortable clothes and took a bottle of water in case she would get thirsty. The most important part for long walks was of course listening to music. Irene enjoyed listening to music and she never forgot to take her earplugs outside when she planned to have long walks. She waved to Lola with a bright smile who just stared back at her and closed the door. A sudden fear showed inside her body when she gazed to the new neighbour’s door. She quickly went to the elevator and impatiently waited for it to arrive before he would show up. 'Come on!' Irene repeated mentally. She shifted her eyes to both door and smiled when the elevator finally arrived. At the same time his door got opened which made her widen her eyes and quickly get into the elevator.

Donghae managed to be fast and stepped inside. Irene shortly gazed at him at the beginning, but then quickly moved away her eyes. She noticed that he looked different today. He didn't seem threatening anymore. He looked like an innocent guy with that simple look of black shirt and blue jeans. The elevator doors closed.

"I'm sorry because of yesterday." Donghae started. Irene prayed mentally that he would stop talking to her. "It's okay." She quietly said. "I behaved like a bad guy which I'm obviously not. How can I make it up to you?" He said as he scratched his neck. Irene unknowingly squeezed her bottle due her nervousness "Ah...you don't have to. Really. I wasn't affected at all." She said. Donghae turned his head to her "Are you sure?" He asked. Irene quickly shifted her eyes and nodded.

The elevator door opened again. Irene shot a quick smile to his side and stepped out of the elevator. Donghae bit his lip as he walked behind her. 'Is he following me?' Irene thought and frowned as she got out of her building. She walked to the right side where the park was, and he did too. At a certain point Irene felt uncomfortable and turned around "Excuse me, are you probably following me?" She asked. Donghae blankly looked at her "I'm meeting here with a friend." He said and pointed behind her "There he is." He said. Irene turned around and saw a male smilingly walking to their direction. She closed her eyes from the embarrassment and chuckled uncomfortably "Sorry, I got the sense you were following me." She said. Donghae smiled at her as he watched her actions. "Yo! Yo! Man!" The man gave him a hug. "Yo! Eunhyuk-ah!" Donghae called at the same time as he smirkingly looked at Irene who lightly bowed and moved away. She sighed 'What a strange guy...That was so embarrassing...'

"Did you get the money?" Eunhyuk asked. Donghae proudly showed him his bag he was carrying all the way. Eunhyuk smirked and congratulated him. "What will you do with it now?" Donghae shrugged "I have no certain plans actually, but how about we get some delicious, expensive food?" He suggested. Eunhyuk smiled brightly "I'm all in, bro. Let's go." He said.

Irene stretched herself after a full walk of 45 minutes. She loved walking in the nature and breathing the fresh hair. It was like a therapy for her. On her way home, she noticed that she has lost her earplugs and walked back to the park. She searched like crazy for her earplugs in every corner but couldn't find them. What she didn't know was that a strange man was observing her behind the trees. He secretly followed her every step and quietly walked behind her from an enough distance for her not to notice him. When Irene reached her building, the man waited for the opportunity to step in, too.

Irene whispered to the melody she was listening earlier and felt bad that she has lost her earplugs. That was so not her. She would never lose anything until now, but somehow the day had come. She stepped inside the elevator and pressed the button.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter