Chapter 8

Elevator Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+++ Warning of dirty language including curses, insulting, mentioning or ualizing of characters in some parts that might be disturbing to some readers +++

 

The cold water freshened her face and she loved that feeling of being able to wake up another day and clean your face. It was a wonder how she survived that night although she thought she could die by any heart any moment. After Donghae tried to kiss her and she confidently kicked his man part, she immediately went into her apartment with her heart in . Irene was surprised at her own reaction, she would never do something like this normally, but somehow, she managed to free herself from his seduction. She wasn’t sure how to feel after that, but one thing she knew was that she couldn’t have a proper sleep that night recalling the scene over and over again. What would happen if she reacted otherwise? If she would respond to his kiss? How would it feel? And the aftermath? And what will happen now? These questions kept running in her head. Plus, she couldn’t but recall his looks and scent over and over again.

After washing her face, tying her hair and jumping into her sports clothes, she made herself ready to jog outside in the morning air. She gave Lola her breakfast and slowly opened the door, so Donghae wouldn’t hear that she was leaving. Her extra carefulness didn’t help since the moment she opened the door, Donghae was opening his too. Irene saw that he was in his sporty clothes too. She couldn’t help but glance to his underpart to see if he was okay since she kicked him very hard last time in the elevator. When Donghae glanced at her, she immediately moved her eyes and fastened her steps to the elevator.

To her luck, she had to wait for it. How come the elevator was never ready when she was in hurry? Donghae slid his arms in front of her and clicked the button for the elevator. Irene automatically took few steps back and only stared in front of her. The reflection on the elevator door showed them both. Donghae was wearing a simple black shirt and short plus a cap while Irene was wearing a sports bra, a sweatshirt and shorts which reached her knees. She was unsure if it would be too obvious, if she’d pull the zippers of her sweatshirt since her cleavage was showing a bit and mentally cursed at herself since she didn’t do it at home.

They looked at each other through their reflections, without sharing a word and waited for the elevator. Irene could see a little smile on his face which was enough to make her automatically smile back. It felt like an eternity for the elevator to arrive. It was like the scenes in the movies where the main couple is having a moment and everything around them went in slow motion.

After few seconds the elevator finally arrived. Donghae waited for Irene to get in first and followed her right after. The door was closing. “Good morning.” Donghae said without looking at her. The sudden voice surprised her, so she glanced at him and then back “Good morning.” She said quietly. “You’re going for a walk?” He asked, still not looking at her. “Jogging.” Irene said glancing at him with a smile.

Anyone seeing her from the outside would think she had to pee or something. She tried hard to hide her nervousness, but obviously failed. “Excuse me, if I made you feel uncomfortable yesterday.” Donghae sincerely let out. Irene slightly gulped and lowered her gaze. She was about to respond him, but the elevator door got opened. Outside the elevator, Donghae turned to her and asked, “You’re not hating me for that, are you?” Irene looked at him with a surprised expression, she forced a smile and slightly shook her head “I’m not. I should be the one apologizing.” She awkwardly scratched her temple. “You know, for… Does… it… hurt?” Irene asked concerned. First, Donghae didn’t understand what she was referring to, but after seconds, he started to laugh slightly and covered his mouth slightly embarrassed. “I didn’t know you were that strong. You really gave me a lesson yesterday.” He chuckled. Irene smiled back, embarrassed. “I don’t know what to expect from a woman who is not scared to hurt a man like that.” Donghae let out. Irene didn’t know how to respond to that since she couldn’t distinguish if he was joking or telling the truth. She raised one eyebrow “You’re expecting something from me?” She asked being confused. Donghae chuckled and lowered his head by wetting his lips and then looked at her again “Don’t act as if you don’t know.” Donghae said. Irene furrowed her eyebrows “I really don’t know. What do you mean?”

“Ya! Are you going to let me wait forever outside?” Eunhyuk’s voice suddenly filled the whole hall causing a slight echo. Both of them turned their attention to him as he was walking closer to them. “You’re unbelievable, first calling me to come and then chatting here with glasses.” He said. Donghae furrowed and sighed “What are you talking about?”

“I’ll leave then, bye.” Irene smiled in a thin line and slightly nodded to them. “Hey, don’t leave, just because I’m here. We can still talk together.” Eunhyuk tried to stop her. Irene walked backwards as she looked at him with an apological face.

The boys watched her leave until she completely disappeared. “Isn’t she another kind of beauty?” Eunhyuk whispered to him, his eyes glued on her. “She is really something else.” Donghae whispered back. His eyes glued as well. “Ya, do you think I have a chance to date her?” Eunhyuk asked which made Donghae look at him “Stay away from her.” He stated. Eunhyuk looked at him with a shocked expression “What do you mean ‘Stay away!’? Are you probably into her? Ya! Don’t come to bad conclusions to break her heart, that poor girl doesn’t deserve it. Instead, I’ll be with her, that way, she’ll be happier.” Eunhyuk tried to convince him. Donghae closed his eyes out of annoyance and started walking away “What nonsense are you talking about? Why would you make her happier?” He asked, gulping his water bottle. “Because I’m single. And you are engaged, remember?” Eunhyuk tried to make him come back to his senses.

Donghae stopped at his words and clenched his jaw. He really hated to hear the word ‘engagement’. “It’s arranged.” Donghae emphasized, biting the side of his tongue. Eunhyuk put a hand on his shoulders and sincerely spoke to him “That’s not the point, Donghae. Irene is not like the other girls you had. Don’t break something so precious you hear me? It would end bad for everyone. You, her, Dara and even me.” Donghae chuckled coldly “Since when do you know her well to call her precious? I’m sure she is some agent sent by that ing bastard. He knows exactly what type of girl I like and sent her here to distract me. And it’s ing working. She is a full distraction. I didn’t expect her to be that pretty and hot.” Donghae convincingly told him, leaving Eunhyuk’s mouth open “What?! Do you really think your brother would do this?” He confusedly asked. “Ya! Don’t call him brother. How is he my brother when we’re not sharing the same mother and father?” Donghae stated slightly angry. “Whatever! So, will you hand me that USB now?” Eunhyuk asked for the USB stick he was there for in the first place. Donghae rubbed his forehead “Yeah, right. Here.” He handed him the USB. “I’ll see you later in the office then. I’ll have a special guest for you.” Eunhyuk smirked, Donghae sighed and watched him leaving, then he started jogging too.

 

After doing her morning sport, Irene made her way to the café in the afternoon. Her friends told her that they would meet her there since they were worried of the incident happened in the apartment. Although Irene told them that everything would be fine now, they insisted to come.

Entering the café shop, Irene immediately could spot them sitting at the back of the shop and chatting together. Yeri was the first one to see her and winked immediately which caused the others to turn around and wink too. Irene found it very sweet, they looked like a high school clique, although every single of them was already an adult.

Before she gathered the round, she walked to the backside to take her apron. “There is a gift for you.” Her colleague said to her. “What gift?” Irene asked surprised. Her colleague, a young high schooler who was very tall for his age, pointed to the table. Irene’s eyes wandered to the direction, there was a bouquet of pink roses laying on the table. Irene lightly furrowed her eyebrows and walked closer to the table while putting her bag to the side of the table. “Since when you have a boyfriend, noona?” The boy asked smiling. Irene took the flowers and checked them “I don’t.” She simply said. The flowers were neatly packed and smelled very good. At the side, she spotted a note, which said: I’m sincerely sorry for making you uncomfortable. I hope the incident does not affect our neighborship :) Have a good day and don’t drop that beautiful smile of your face.

There was no name marked, but Irene knew who the sender was. She smiled reading his note and smelled the flowers again. “Are you sure? You don’t look like, you don’t have one. You actually look in love.” The boy . Irene immediately widened her eyes hearing him and dropped the flowers “Ya, what are you talking about? When I say, I don’t, then I mean that I don’t. Are you here to work or to gossip?” She was triggered, but she was allowed to speak to him like this because she was older than him. The boy chuckled “Okay, okay. I don’t want to make you angry, but I guess the sender of these flowers is waiting outside for you.” He said smiling and left. What? Donghae is here? Irene suddenly felt panicked, she rushed to the next mirror to check her face and hair. Her whole body felt nervous and excited by the thought that he was waiting for her outside. She tried to bid her smile as she made her way out, but her face fell immediately when she saw Mino’s figure standing behind the counter. Why did she expect that he’d be here and why was she so disappointed that he was not there? The feeling was similar when you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter