Chapter 1

Elevator Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene is living in a huge apartment buildung with 13 sticks. The building is settled in a peaceful region and surrounded by greens, flowers and trees. She lives here for about 1.5 years in a small apartment which is on the 8th stick. 1.5 years ago she decided to leave her parents house just because she wanted to be more independent and feel more like an adult. She had a big argument with them at first but since they loved their daughter very much, they gave in at the end. They had one condition though. She should visit them once every weekend, which she perfectly did for 1.5 years without letting a day off. Irene is working in a bakery shop around her block as a part time job and is a full timer psychology student.

Her life is pretty simple. Since she is an introvert, she loves to spend time by herself and has almost no friends. Well, she does have a few friends from her high school years like Wendy, Joy and Seulgi, but even them she doesn't see very often. They have a promised ritual to see each other every once or twice a month, simply to prevent getting more apart from each other. Irene enjoys these times. She loves seeing them from time to time and listen to their happy stories about their lives. She just loves the feeling when people talk about things, they're passionate about in their lives.

What Irene is passionate about might be boring to a lot of people. She loves domestic work, cooking, reading, walks in the nature, watching movies and her cat 'Lola' (a white persian cat). She bought her cat as a companion 1.5 years ago when she moved in. As much as she enjoyed being alone, Irene didn't like the idea of being alone forever in life. When she talked about this topic, the others wouldn't understand her. Her friends suggested to live together, but that was not Irene's concern. It wasn't about physical company. She knew she could reach her family and friends. She knew they loved her and she loved them back. That was enough for her. Enough to know that she is not alone in this life. She is loved. Also by her cat, even if she turned her the cold shoulder. Irene knew, Lola loved her as much as she loved her.

Irene knew everyone who lived in the building just by greeting each other. She never once spoke to anyone, because they also didn't. Those people living there were mostly ones who minded their own business. Sometimes Irene thought, if the building was made for not so talkative people like her. Her father paranoically told her that it's not okay to not know your neighbours since they could be serialkillers or whatever, but Irene took it as a joke. There was not a single person living like her. She was the only one. Instead, the building was filled with small families and old people which she found very cute and safe.

Friday, 5:34pm. Irene impatiently watches to the clock hanging above the main door of the bakery shop. 26 minutes until she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter