oo5

Two Heavy Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5:

 

Jaehyun and Jisoo sat in the Black Audi silently. Jaehyun’s head was buzzing with questions and complaints, while Jisoo was fascinated by the scenery of Los Angeles. The tall buildings, the diversity of the people, the types of restaurants, the streets buzzing with busy traffic, and everything else had Jisoo in awe.

“You’ve been staring out the window for the entire trip,” Jaehyun started, dragging her back down to earth, “Does LA look good to you?”

Jisoo answered shyly, “Everything is beautiful to me at this point.”

“Makes sense. It would be appropriate to say you have lived under a rock.” He coldly commented.

“Do you like living here?” Jisoo asked, curiously.

Jaehyun stopped at a stoplight and glanced over at her, “There are some beautiful parts of this city. But there are also some not-so-beautiful parts.”

“Oh, I see.”

“This city is far from being the safest. I’m just lucky I live in slightly-safer area.”

“Where exactly is that?”

“I live in Glendale. I love it over there.” The light turned green and Jaehyun resumed to drive. “You might also.”

At that moment, Jisoo realized that she would have to live in the same place as Jaehyun, which made her more anxious than she already is.

It got silent all of a sudden. Jaehyun tried to make it less awkward.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked as he looked forward. “Are you thinking that we’ll be sleeping together?”

Jisoo froze and stuttered nervously, “Sl-Sleeping t-together??” She repeated for clarification.

“We won’t.” He said straight-up. “I live in an apartment complex. My place has two bedrooms. I used to have a roommate, but he graduated our university a couple months ago. Now, it’s empty. You can stay there once you get a job.”

“A job?”

He glared at her briefly, “Yes, a job. You don’t think you’ll be living in my place for free, do you?”

She remained silent and thought about the idea of needing to get a job.

He continued, “You need to find a way to produce $1500 per month. That includes out split rent, some food, and other things you may need. I’ll take care of the house supplies and utilities.”

“Do you have a job?” She questioned him.

“Yes, I do.” He says as he turns into the neighborhood. “I work at the flower shop nearby, it’s walking distance.”

She nodded her head in understanding and thought a bit more about her To-Do List now that she made it to America.

It is now 8:30 a.m. and the two are exhausted from their little adventure overseas and the current situation they were in. Jaehyun parked into the parking garage of the complex and unbuckled his seatbelt. She slowly imitated him and they both climbed out at the same time.

Jaehyun grabbed his duffle bag from the trunk, locked the car, and gestured for her to follow him. She followed him into an elevator, where she had no idea what to expect. When the doors closed, and he had pressed the button for the 5th floor, the elevator began to move upwards.

With Jisoo being completely unfamiliar with being inside of an operating elevator, she freaked out at the feeling of slowly being lifted upwards in a metal box.

“Woah, woah, woah! The ground is moving! What’s going on?!” She grabbed at Jaehyun’s arm and began clenching out of fear. Being too afraid of the current situation, she did not comprehend that she was squeezing the life out of Jaehyun’s right arm.

“OW, OW, OW!”

“Ahhhh! What’s going on! Make it stop!” Jisoo exclaimed.

Finally, the elevator came in a slow stop as it reached the fifth floor. The doors opened and she could see the light of day again. She let go of his arm and rushed for the wall across from them. Rubbing the pain off of his slightly injured arm, Jaehyun treaded over to her.

“What was that all about?” He furrowed his eyebrows and caressed his painful arm.

Once Jisoo came back to the sense of reality, she apologized for her sudden violence, “Oh, I’m sorry,” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter