o11

Two Heavy Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11:

 

Two short weeks flew by.

 

Every day was cheerful routine. Weekends were for going outdoors and allowing Jisoo to see the beautiful City. Weekdays were for bringing Jisoo along to school, although she wouldn’t be attending every single one of Jaehyun’s classes, she spent hours studying English in the library. Sometimes, she would be accompanied by her, now, good friend, Lisa. And other times, the boys, Lucas, Mark, and Ten, would keep her company by sharing embarrassing moments of their friendship with Jaehyun at the school courtyard. Jaehyun was grateful for the efforts that all his friends were making to assure that Jisoo felt comfortable here. And Jisoo definitely did.

 

The past two weeks allowed Jisoo to feel that she had a family here in America. She and Jaehyun became closer and closer by the day. And she was getting better and better at English. Often times, she felt confused about what kind of role Jaehyun played in her life. And many nights, she found herself daydreaming what more they could possibly be. And she was certain that she definitely wants to be more than a roommate to him. She was just waiting for the right time.

 

“I’m just waiting for the right time.” Jaehyun’s tried logically explaining to his very pushy friend, Lucas.

Lucas only laughed at his excuse, “Jay! How much more time do you need?! Sooner or later, Jisoo might just meet a handsome guy on campus and he might just end up making a move before you!”

Jaehyun sighed, “Then what do you want me to do?” He asked in frustration.

 

The two boys were sitting in the lecture hall of their last class of the day. Lecture was already over and only a few students stayed behind to either pick up their things, speak with the professor, or just sitting around until the professor decides to kick them out. Jaehyun and Lucas were doing latter.

Jisoo was eating a late lunch with Mark, Ten, and Lisa, who insisted on eating at a new sushi place around town. Jaehyun allowed the four of them to do so, as long as Jisoo was delivered right back to the apartment.

 

Lucas took a moment to ponder on Jaehyun’s next move on Jisoo. “So where have you taken her recently?” He asked Jaehyun in order to eliminate specific options.

“Umm, we visited Century City Westfield already, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Downtown, and Beverly Hills.”

Lucas nodded to acknowledge and then snapped his fingers when he found an idea. “I know!”

Jaehyun sat up in his seat with excitement and prepared himself for Lucas’s big idea.

“Disneyland.”

 

~

 

Per request, Lisa parked in front of the apartment building to drop Jisoo off at home. Ten and Mark were patiently sitting in the back seats until Ten decided that he would do the honors of walking Jisoo to the door, to ensure that she makes it inside safely.

Lisa and Mark were left inside the car to wait for Ten’s return as he walked Jisoo back.

The two of them walked side by side up the stairs, since Jisoo hates elevators. As they climbed up, Ten initiated a conversation, “So what is it like?”

“How is what like?” She asked for clarification.

“Living with Jay.”

She grinned and gladly responded, “It’s fun. There’s never a dull moment with Jay. I’m happy to be his roommate.”

Ten chuckled, “That’s a response that I haven’t heard from his other roommates.”

“And why is that?”

“Jay wasn't usually the type of guy to invite his roommates out for lunch or watch a movie. Jay is a friendly person, but he wasn’t that kind of roommate. He likes doing things alone. When he studies, he doesn’t want to be bothered. When he has plans for himself, he doesn’t consider inviting anyone else. He just likes his independence.”

“Ohhh, I see.”

“But with you, Jisoo…” Ten further explained as they reached the front door, “I don’t often see you two being apart… and I really like that. I love how Jay feels so comfortable with you and it’s obvious that he lives your company.”

Jisoo pauses to think about it and recognized that he was right. Her and Jaehyun are usually always together. And Jaehyun has always invited her to do things with him.

Ten continued before sending her inside the apartment, “I think you two are a great match. And I believe that you are very good for Jay. He’s very happy around you. You make him very, very happy. I’ve never seen him want to protect anything or anyone as much as he wants to do for you.” Ten smiled, “I just want you to think about that.”

Jisoo nodded and opened the apartment door with her own key, that Jaehyun duplicated at a key copying machine. Her own key was pink, though. That way, Jaehyun knew how to distinguish the two.

As Jisoo disappeared into the apartment, Ten walked back to the car. On his way, he mysteriously found a manly figure, with all black attire, lingering in the hallway, seeming as if he was watching the two part ways in front of the apartment. His face was hidden with the hood of his black jacket, preventing Ten from recognizing who it was. When Ten paused to look at him from afar, the man attempted to walk away. Ten followed him, hollering, “Excuse me!”

The man picked up his speed and started j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter