o16

Two Heavy Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 16:

 

It’s been a few days since the couple spent the night together. Today, Jisoo is departing from Los Angeles Airport, and Jaehyun insisted on seeing her leave. After Check-In, he quadruple checked to make sure that she packed everything needed and is ready to take off. When satisfied, he looked at his girlfriend and told her, “You’ll be okay, Jisoo. I’ll be watching you on TV. And I can tell my friends that my girlfriend saved a country from destruction.” He joked, causing her to giggle a bit.

“So this isn’t one of those moments that I watch on TV? Where the couple breaks up at the airport?” He questioned as she looked up to him.

He shook his and put on a reassuring grin. “We’ll still be together. Think of it as… switching to long-distance relationship.”

She smiled brightly and was indeed reassured. “Okay then, boyfriend.”

He chuckled and found the excitement to ask, “So since you’re a Princess… and I’m your boyfriend. Does that make me a Prince?”

Jisoo took a second to think about it, then shrugged, “I guess… You can say that.”

He beamed and ruffled up her hair at the top of her head, “This is one heavy crown then, Princess.”

They both laughed until Jisoo caught a glimpse of the time. “I should probably catch my flight…”

He nodded and gestures for her to get going. She waved at him, with a heaviness in her heart, as she clenched one hand on her backpack and walked the other direction. Jaehyun couldn’t watch her leave. The image of her back getting farther and farther away pained him more than he expected. He turned the other direction, trying to prevent himself from looking back, trying to be positive, trying not be sad because he knew that she would could back soon.

Just when he got about 20 steps farther than their spot earlier, he felt an unexpected embrace around his back. When he looked down to his shirt, he saw familiar hands wrapping around him. Then, following a familiar voice saying, “Just one more hug.”

He turned around, allowing the arms to let go from his waist. Jisoo stood behind him, with a forced smile and damp cheeks. Before he could say anything like ‘you’re late for your flight’ or ‘hurry or you’ll miss your flight’ or anything else… She timidly said, “Sorry… I just wanted to hug you one more time—,” And he happily cut her off.

Grabbing her face and placing his lips passionately onto hers, he kissed her deeply. Something about that kiss made everything feel right, something about that kiss made it feel as if they were the only ones there, and nothing else mattered. She kissed him back just as passionately, wrapping her arms around his back and pulling him in. After one quick minute, Jaehyun pulled his lips away and gazed into her eyes. Sending her away, he whispered to his Princess, “Our crowns may be heavy… and some days, they may feel heavier and more unbearable than ever, but I promise you… I’ll always be your prince. And I’ll never take off this crown.”

 

~

 

When Jisoo landed in Korea, Jisung was took the day off to pick her up, per request of Jaehyun. Getting a whiff of the familiar air, she knew that her battle started now.

She strutted around the airport with her phone to he ear as she waited for Jisung to pick up.

“Noona?” He answered, this time not using international minutes.

“Are you at the airport yet?”

“Yes, I’m standing beside the Duty Free with a very, very large picture of ChungHa.”

“ChungHa? I don’t know who that-,” She stopped, immediately being hit by a mental block as images of a girl named ChungHa swirled through her head. Do I know a Chungha?

Then she remembered Taeyong and her sitting in the royal garden, discussing their marriage. He took out his phone and showed her a picture of his girlfriend:

Dark brown, silky hair and a face with soft, friendly features.

She remembered the moment clearly now:

“What’s her name?” The Princess asked Taeyong curiously.

“Her name is Chungha… Kim Chungha.”

 

“How does the Princess not know who Chungha is?” Jisung scratched his head in frustration.

“Wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter