o12

Two Heavy Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12:

 

Saturday Morning. The sun was bright and hot although it was only 9am. The group of five, since Mark had other plans were preparing for their trip to Disneyland. Jaehyun insisted on only using one car to drive to the park, in order to save money on parking and gas. All five of them excitedly prepared the backpacks and purses inside of the car. They double-checked their tickets, made sure that they had everybody’s numbers, sorted out their itinerary- that they’re probably not even going to follow, and distributed water bottles because today was a hot California day.

When they got everything ready, they scurried over to Disneyland, got through security and finally arrived inside of the theme park. The first thing they saw was a little, outdoor shop full of Mickey Mouse hats, headbands, and bubble wands. Although the prices were a bit high, Lisa insisted that she would pay for the hats as long as everybody wears them. Lucas, Lisa, and Ten surrounded a little stand full of Mickey snapbacks and baseball hats, while Jaehyun and Jisoo looked around a stand full of sparkly Minnie headbands. As Jisoo was picking and choosing, Jaehyun asked her, “You’ve watched Disney movies in the castle, right?”

She nodded and added, “I had most of the Disney movies on DVD.”

“That’s good to hear. That means you’ll have a better time here, knowing that you’ve watched most of the Disney movies.” He mentioned, “I’ll try my best to make sure you have a good time.” He assured.

Jisoo looked up at him and smiled warmly, “I’m sure I will.”

As they were tranced by each other’s gaze for a moment, Lisa, Lucas, and Ten interrupted their moment with goofy smiles as they wore their own unique style of Mickey House headwear. Lisa was wearing a red, glittery Minnie Mouse headband, Lucas wore the Mickey Snapback, and Ten wore the Mickey baseball hat.

“You guys didn’t chose yours yet?” Lucas asked in a hurry.

“How do ours look?” Lisa asked curiously, hoping her headband looked decent on her.

Jaehyun turned to them an answered nervously, “Oh, uhh… we were just trying to make up out minds.” He scratched his head. Then, Jaehyun grabbed a glittery pink Minnie Mouse headband and fixed it into Jisoo’s hair before grabbing a conservative, black baseball hat with a small, embroidered Mickey Mouse silhouette in the front. “There.” He finished choosing their hats and the group cheered as they all went to the counter to have Lisa pay for all of it.

After purchase, Jaehyun ripped the tag off her glittery Minnie Mouse headband and handed it to her as they headed to their first attraction. She held it in her hand and had the sunlight reflect on the sequins of the band, then glanced up to Jaehyun, who was arguing with Lucas about which attraction to go to next. Then, she took another look at the headband, giving it another cherishing feel before putting it on her head.

Suddenly, Lisa came up beside her and whispered, “That one is perfect for you.” She commented, referring to her new headpiece. “Jay really knows your style.”

She was right. The pink glitters matched her outfit nicely. Jisoo wore a beige, floral chiffon top, with little ruffles decorating the bottom half and pink flowers printed all around it, paired with light blue skinny jeans. Jaehyun seemed to already know what Jisoo liked and disliked, hated and loved. And she appreciated it. It seemed that he knows her so well. And she didn’t mind that one bit. If anything, she wanted him to know every part of her life, all the things that make her happy, sad, confused. She wanted to share everything with him. And little did she know… he was more than willing to do the same.

 

~

 

It was almost the end of the day. The food was expensive, but delicious. The lines were painfully long, and everybody’s feet started to hurt by the end of their fourth ride, which ended up being their last one for the day. Nobody knew that Jisoo would come to love thrill rides so much, especially Jaehyun, who had a secret plan to protect her if she were to be terrified of rides. But that didn’t work out as planned.

There was only one plan that Jaehyun desperately wanted to work. As everybody took a bathroom break, he dialed up Mark on his phone. Fortunately for Jaehyun, Mark answered immediately.

“Hello? Mark?”

“Oh, Jaehyun! Hey, I’m parking right now.” Mark talked into his car speaker.

“Okay, awesome! The fireworks are gonna start in two hours. We’ll just be saving a good spot to view it. Call me when you get inside the gates… Oh! And did you get the flowers that I ordered?”

“Yeah, your co-worker knew exactly what I was talking about, so she helped me out.”

“Okay, super. That’s good, that’s good.”

“Alright, cool. But also…” Mark p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter