Confusion

Ténèbres
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie Kim

 

"Pffffft..." as I blew air up from my mouth. It was for nth time and I kept glancing towards Taeyeon who was obviously avoiding me. Like literally, she didn't even want to look at me. She'll talk to me if it is about work, not even spending a glance to me. Another burden was that Lisa just walked out of home last night and I can't prevent her from doing so even though I wanted so bad. I wanted to know what I'm feeling and wanted to know why I kissed back. I know I'm not straight but it's not the usual me. 

 

"What happened?" Joohyun was still clueless about all of this silent war between us. 

 

"Hard to explain." I remarked sadly as I glance upon Taeyeon who was busy scribbling in her notepad.

 

Joohyun stood up and went to Taeyeon and I hear clearly what she just said, "What's the problem?" 
Taeyeon eyed her and  snapped at her saying, "Ask her!"

Joohyun was perplexed and her eyes became bigger eyeing me, looking for answers and I still stand on my ground on being silent. 

 

"Drama is on the way. I surrender. Have it your way then." Joohyun walked out of the door and closed with a bang that made me jump a little. 

 

"Hey.." I said gently, sadly. 

"Hey yourself. Don't talk to me." Taeyeon was still being hard headed and denied accepting the fact that I'm a biual. I just let her be for a while. I walked away from her and I let myself drowned in the ocean of thoughts that's succumbing my whole being. 

 

I breathe heavily trying to swallow that big slump that's trying to block my airways. It's so heavy. I thought they're open minded and I thought wrong I guess. I decided to just focus on my work today and go home early so I can rest my poor battered soul. I just want to have a drink again after all this. It's depressing. The thought of my friends not getting my back when I needed them the most really is depressing. I just thought they would accept me open mindedly.

 

A call on the intercom woke me up from deep thinking. "Hello. Yes, speaking." I answered. The secretary of the boss of our company wanted me in his office right now. "Yes, be there in ten." I said standing up, fixing my hair. I grab my phone and headed outside the room.

 

"Have you talked it out?" Joohyun asked as I stumbled upon her in the hallway. The sun is peeking at the glass walls and it feels good for someone pessimistic since morning. 

 

I stopped walking for a while and answered her question, "I don't know if I'd feel glad or not knowing you're fast asleep that night. It's best you don't know what it is. When I'm ready, I'll say it to you. For the meantime, just look for Taeyeon for now. Don't mind me. I'm still fine. I'll tell you when I'm not." I smiled tepidly. Sadly, I cared about them more than myself and I'm hoping that one day, they'll understand who I really am. It's just my ual preferences, not who I really am. I'm still me. The same old me. 

 

Lisa Manoban

 

I didn't know what came to my mind as I recalled running away from her flat last night. I was still in my bed trying to figure out myself. I caressed my lips as if her lips has never left mine. The did I do?  My head still ached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter