Happiness is a crime?

Ténèbres
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie Kim

 

I thought that smile was for me as I saw the girl in front of me waved at the pizza delivery girl. I felt a little disappointed at the gesture. Wait. What?! Nooooo!  The voice inside screamed as I shook my head in disbelief. 

 

"That's Jong-in Kim, my classmate in college." Joohyun said proudly looking at the man she's supposed to hook up with me. 

 

"He's hot." was that lust and passion I'm seeing in Taeyeon's eyes? 

 

"Hey! You're taken. He's for Jennie." Joohyun said as she covered Taeyeon's eyes.

 

"Not fair." I might as well leave my boyfriend for him. He's boring and does not give me much attention these days." Taeyeon complained as she pouted feeling upset, not batting an eye looking at Jong-in who seemed to be enjoying what he's doing. 

 

"Not again. You've said that so many times but you're still with him. Can't even count how many times." I broke my gaze off of the Jong-in guy and transfer to the girl beside him. Yes, that guy surely is hot and cool but he doesn't bring any of my dead cell alive. But that girl beside him surely is hot too, wearing that leather jacket. It's a turn on actually. What my friends didn't know is that I'm biual and actually open for a possibility of a same relationship. I'm just afraid of their reactions. But certainly, one day I'll confess to them. 

 

"Jennie's right. We're sick and tired of your complaints about Baekhyun and start doing some actions too. If you've had enough, then cut ties with him already." Joohyun seriously said in between drinking martini from her glass.

 

As we were talking about Taeyeon's long time boyfriend, I saw the pizza delivery girl run down the stairs and approached the girl just in front of us. They were having a word fight and some can be heard from where we are. Joohyun and Taeyeon stopped talking for a while and watch how the scene unfold in our very eyes. 

 

"Are you jealous?" I can hear that particular question that the other girl threw at her and I looked at her amused at how she was going to answer this. There is a possibility that she's gay too. My inner self was being optimistic about this matter and shedding a faint light unto my boring life. 

 

My world crumbled as I heard her answer but still I can't help but to admire how she was too protective of her friend. I wish mine was too and not being offered to people I just barely knew. 


Shoot! She looked at me stunned. Maybe she recognized me as one who'll open doors, displaying my self to anyone. How cheap my brain thinks at times. I can see she mumbled something and turned her back from her friend and me and run straight up to where she was before. Her friend took her seat again and sipped from her tall glass and looked bored to death and I saw her walk outside of the club. 

 

She'll look at me from time to time and I'll flashed my gummy smile just to inform her I'm harmless. But then I can see she's holding back and turning her gaze elsewhere.

 

"I can see you're interested with Jong-in. No need to be so obvious though." Joohyun studied my face and looked striaghly to my eyes. 

 

"Think what you want. He's not bad though." I'm true to my words. If only I'm interested with men but I lost interest in them a long time ago after Hanbin cheated on me. I don't even want to remember him anymore and his lies. 

 

Joohyun just shrugged her shoulders and drink more from her glass. This was our fourth order and we were nowhere near sober as I emptied my glass of martini and signaled the bartender to refill our glasses. 

 

"Can I have his contact number? If Jennie dump him, I'll catch him." Taeyeon jokingly said but I know its half the truth. I can see she's all eyes to him the moment Joohyun pointed him to us. 

"You can have him." I seriously said eyeing Joohyun, fighting her deathly gazes. 

"Yahh! I was just joking. Stop killing her with your stares, Joohyun." Taeyeon said in between our staring fight. I withdrew my gaze and looked away and drank all of the contents of my glass. I studied Jong-in a bit and he looks okay to me. He's a good catch actually with those y eyes and lips. The obviously well built body can be seen through his white shirt that's already drenched in sweat. 

 

The alcohol started kicking in to my senses. I parted my lips a bit as I saw how the woman beside Jongin sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter