Sick and tired

Ténèbres
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sick and tired. 

 

Jennie Kim

I grabbed my bag, keys and phone and walked lazily towards the exit of the office down to the basement parking. The cycle of my everyday was in a loop and I'm getting tired of it. As I was starting the engine of the car, my phone rang, and I glanced at it and saw the caller id belongs to Jisoo. She's so persistent. She's my best friend since forever. I can't even remember our first conversation because we were still so innocent and we didn't care about the world. All I know is she's my bestfriend and enemy in one. Funny how we can still endure each other's company when we literally don't have anything in common except for the dogs. Yeah, we both have dogs and we love 'em. My mom love her like her own. I sometimes think, she's the real daughter and I'm just adopted the way my own mother agrees to everything she says.

For the last time, I ignored her call and proceeded to driving this old car my dad bought me as an eighteenth birthday gift. It holds this much value that even when it fails me sometimes, I still use this even though I can afford a new one. 

Finally, I arrived at my apartment. I walked towards the door and opened it and there's nothing much to go home to. I left my dog with mom because I can't take care of him when I'm out working. I locked the door behind me and walked slowly and put down my things on the kitchen counter. I drank a glass of water and scanned through the fridge to cook something and I remembered I am too tired to cook so I grabbed my phone and ordered pizza. 

I decided to shower first before the delivery guy shows up. Beneath the cascading water of the shower, I think of what's happening to my life. Yes I have everything. I have my mom. I have a decent job and I'm doing great at it. I have a car an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter