Perseverance

A Broken Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Like I said previously, WHY ARE THE CHAPTERS SUDDENLY GETTING LONGER AND LONGER.... Also, please prepare yourself, Rio-chan!

 

--

 

-- 8:00pm --

 

Daiki took a deep breath before ringing Mayu's doorbell. His heart still fluttered as he thought about the idea of returning to Amu each night. "We'll get there soon..." He thought to himself, clutching onto Amu's promise bracelet in his jacket pocket. He reminisced the time he spent with his girlfriend today and just as he was about to smile, the door opened and he instantly snapped back into character. 

 

"Mayu..." He uttered, immediately hugging her.

 

"Daiki?" Mayu asked, confused with his sudden actions. It had only been a few hours since she talked with Amu. In her opinion, it seemed as if their relationship was going well. Daiki's sudden change in attitude had obviously made her suspicious. 

 

"I'm sorry... You were right..." Daiki pressed further, hugging her tighter. "You were the one for me the entire time." 

 

"What happened?" She asked, pulling away to bring him inside. As soon as she turned around to lock the door, he took this opportunity to scan the room for her laptop. He sighed after noticing that it was on the living room table. He could tell that Mayu was using it and attaching the chip without her noticing was going to be difficult.

 

"Amu and I are no longer together." He lied. "It took me a while to realize that it was you who had been by my side the entire time.."

 

"As much as I want to believe you..." Mayu asked, walking up to him. She tilted her head and met his gaze. "How do I know this isn't an act?" Mayu asked. 

 

Luckily, Daiki was already a step ahead. He took his phone out and pulled out a picture. "I took this picture an hour ago" He told her, showing her a picture he took of Amu placing a kiss on Chinen's cheek. Of course, this was all orchestrated. It was actually Daiki who came up with the idea but Mayu obviously didn't know that. Mayu had no idea that Amu had actually dated his best friend for a short amount of time. 

 

All she assumed was that her beloved Daiki was heart-broken and Amu had carried out her side of the deal. She slightly smirked but immediately brushed it off when he glanced back at her. 

 

"Everything will be okay as long as you're with me. I can't imagine how you must feel right now especially with all of the JE news..." Mayu said, hugging him tightly. "Just relax for now. I'll make you something to eat." She added before heading to the kitchen.

 

As soon as she left, he glanced at the device one more time and sighed. He didn't know how long it would take for Chinen to transfer the files. Daiki only had one chance at it and he need to make sure not to screw it up. 

 

--

 

Meanwhile, Ryosuke took a couple of deep breaths in an attempt to slow his heart beat down. He had been acting in movies and dramas ever since he was a kid but he had never questioned his talent until now. If Satoko doesn't believe him then the entire plan is off. 

 

He waited for a few minutes for Satoko to answer the doorbell and when she did, he wasn't able to say anything before she pulled him into her apartment and kissed him abruptly. 

 

Ryosuke was shocked but in an effort to keep his character, he closed his eyes and slightly kissed her back. During the entire process, he felt his heart wrench and tighten. "I'm sorry." He whispered, thinking of Rio when he finally pulled away. 

 

"What happened to your face?" She asked, touching his swollen cheek. 

 

"Rio and I got into a fight. Things are over now between us." He said, placing his hands over hers. In reality, it actually wasn't Rio who slapped him at all. It was Amu. Prior to the boys leaving, Ryosuke needed evidence to prove that things were really over. Daiki had a convincable picture but the younger boy had nothing. 

 

Ryosuke told Rio to slap him but she couldn't bear to agressively lay a hand on him. She didn't have the courage to do it and if Daiki did it, he might end up breaking Ryosuke's face. Right when Ryosuke was about to ask Amu, the younger girl suddenly landed a slap on his face so loud that her hand stung from it. 

 

"I told you a while back that I would never forgive you for hurting Rio. Consider this slap my forgiveness." Amu told him, rubbing her hand in pain as Ryosuke winced from the slap an hour ago. 

 

"I can't believe she actually did that to you..." Satoko told him as Ryosuke thought in disbelief. "You did the exact same thing to me a few days ago." 

 

"Y-Yeah..." He replied back. As she hugged him, he took this opportunity to glance at the sofa where her bag was. He knew that she usually keeps her laptop in her bag. He just needed to find a way to get into it. 

 

-- 12:00am --

 

"I really hope those two are alright..." Rio said, pacing back and forth. She couldn't stand the idea of Satoko getting anywhere near Ryosuke and the thought of him iniatiating all the intimate moments made her feel sick. 

 

"I hope they aren't dead..." Amu replied staring at Chinen's laptop. They've been waiting for hours for anything to pop up on the screen but to their dismay, the screen had stayed the same. "Chii, is your laptop broken?" She asked, feeling frustrated form waiting. 

 

Meanwhile, Chinen had been relaxing on the sofa, watching the telivision to pass the time. "Both of you need to seriously relax! My laptop will receive a loud notification once they plug the chips in." He said, taking a sip of his tea. "I'm pretty sure Satoko and Mayu still have their guards up.. If anything, they might not be able to gain access until they have gone to bed."

 

"EHHHHH?!" Amu and Rio exclaimed in sync. "You mean they might end up sleeping with them?!" 

 

"I'm pretty sure Ryo and Dai-chan won't do anything." Chinen assured them, feeling awkward about the conversation. "They're smart. They'll find a way out."

 

The two girl exchanged glances and sighed. 

 

"Maybe I should've slapped him harder..." Amu suddenly said, wondering if it was convincing enough.

 

Rio widened her eyes. "Amu-chan, you've officially gone nuts..." She replied, staring at her in disbelief.

 

Before Amu was able to add on, a loud chime emitted from the laptop and the three immediately huddled around it. 

 

"Whose chip is it?" Rio asked as Chinen quickly gained access to someone's device. 

 

"It's Daiki. Ryosuke better get a move on before Mayu notices and contacts Satoko.."

 

-- Meanwhile --

 

Daiki finally managed to get some time to himself when Mayu slipped into the bathroom for a shower. As soon as he heard the water turn on, he made his way to her laptop and inserted the chip. 

 

Within a few minutes, he saw the cursor moving on its own and assumed that Chinen was somehow working his magic. 

 

Daiki tapped his fingers on the table impatiently as he watched what was happening on the computer screen. The younger boy managed to pull up a file that was well hidden within the disk and after punching in a few words, he decrypted it. 

 

Just when the transfer process began, he heard the water turn off and immediately, his heart began to race. "Hurry up, Chii..." Daiki whispered to himself, his fingers tapping the table faster.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter