Bottom

My Stubborn Keeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is the worst hangover ever.” Wendy groaned as she closed her eyes again, she had woken up a while ago but hadn’t moved from her bed, her head was aching and also she was feeling so damn nauseous. She didn’t want to drink ever. 

 

 

 

She seemingly gazed at her door, wondering how she came home because she couldn’t remember quite well. She concluded that maybe it was Seulgi. She turned around, wanting to sleep again but her door creaked open and soft steps invaded her ears.

 

 

 

 

“It’s 2 in the afternoon...You should eat something and take meds.” 

 

 

 

 

Wendy’s eyes shot open because that voice wasn’t Seulgi’s, she knows that voice way too well. She slowly turned and then met the eyes of Irene Bae. 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here!?” Wendy’s voice came a little high. Irene stood there with crossed arms, “You should check your text messages.” 

 

 

 

Wendy did. Then, a wave of embarrassment hit her hard, she couldn’t face Irene and she wanted to throw her phone away. She looked like an idiot. 

 

 

 

 

“I made hangover soup for you. I suggest you to take a cold shower first.” Irene said and Wendy couldn’t do anything but nod at this point.

 

 

 

 

 

“Or do you want me to join you?”

 

 

 

 

Wendy’s eyes almost popped out as she shockingly stared at Irene, who had a playful smirk. 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you so shocked? You wanted a lot of things from me last night.” 

 

 

 

With that said, Irene went out chuckling, leaving a very embarrassed Wendy, who was seconds away from cursing. 

 

 

 

 

After a long cold shower, Wendy made her way out of the room, only to see Irene talking in her phone at the living area. Irene was seated at the sofa, a unfamiliar laptop in front of her and also lots of paperworks.

 

 

 

 

“You can finalize that, I’ll check the place tomorrow. Also, please take care of the invitation cards, Krys.” 

 

 

 

 

“Thanks, I’ll get back to you soon. Sorry, couldn’t be there at the office today.” 

 

 

 

 

Wendy just stared as Irene hung up the phone and turned to her, flashing a wide smile, “Hey.” 

 

 

 

 

 

“Uhm...hi”

 

 

 

 

It was definitely awkward. Wendy couldn’t just tell Irene to leave after processing that Irene bought her home and also stayed till now, she just couldn’t be that cold and rude. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll heat up the soup for you. Are you feeling a little well?”

 

 

 

 

 

“That cold shower helped.” Wendy walked towards the living area and sat at the couch, idly looking at Irene’s papers. Lot of investors contracts. 

 

 

 

 

“How the heck did you bring your laptop? Did you come prepared?”  Wendy questioned.

 

 

 

 

 

Irene chuckled, while re heating the soup and glancing Wendy from the kitchen counter, “I told someone to drop it off in the morning. I tried calling the girls but I assume they’re hammered like you.”

 

 

 

 

Wendy smiled because it was definitely true, the heavy drinker is obviously Miss Jennie Kim and she becomes really clingy, annoying, needy human. Kudos to Lisa for keeping up. 

 

 

 

 

“You could’ve just left me and went back to your work.” 

 

 

 

 

Irene shook her head, “I don’t want to leave you...not twice.”

 

 

 

 

“Or ever”

 

 

 

 

Wendy didn’t say anything as she was tongue tied, she just grabbed the remote and switched on the television; which was fixated on a cooking channel. She just tried not to look over at Irene, who was glancing at her time to time. It made her giddy.

 

 

 

 

After a while, Irene came with a hot bowl of soup and kept it in front of Wendy at the table.

 

 

 

 

“Thanks. It looks edible” 

 

 

 

 

Irene raised her brows, “Why do you think that I can’t cook?” 

 

 

 

 

“You didn’t back then”

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ve changed and I really learnt to cook for my own survival.” Irene chuckled while looking at Wendy, who was blowing the hot soup.

 

 

 

 

“Do you want me to feed you?” Irene teased. Wendy imagined what it would be like being fed by Irene and just couldn’t process it as her face reddened. Why is it that she loves her so much? Even after all these years...

 

 

 

 

“I can feed myself.” Wendy looked away from Irene and immersed herself into the television. She knew Irene was staring at her and that made her heart combust, she didn’t want to hold Irene’s gaze, surely, she would make a fool of herself. 

 

 

 

 

“All these years and you’re still as beautiful, Wendy.” 

 

 

 

Is this Irene’s way of flirting? Because Wendy really couldn’t take it. She gulped down the hot soup and ignored Irene, at this point she is pretending that Irene isn’t here.

 

 

 

 

“Being here with you, it feels so domestic. I’m really happy right now.” Irene added as she gazed elsewhere, she didn’t know where all of this cheesiness was coming from but she needed to blurt it out.

 

 

 

 

“I—I don’t feel the same.” 

 

 

  

 

Irene stayed quiet, she smiled afterwards, “I should head home now.” 

 

 

 

 

“Oh..okay. Thanks for last night.” 

 

 

 

 

She managed her stuffs quickly to Wendy’s dismay. Wendy deadpanned because she obviously said the wrong thing even if she didn’t mean it. Seeing Irene’s dejected face, she regretted her choice of word. In fact, she was having a wonderful time being this close to Irene.

 

 

 

 

“Text me if you need anything.” Irene finally said while carrying her laptop, files and her car keys. Wendy couldn’t do anything but just nod.

 

 

 

 

“And...I’ll still wait for you Wendy.” 

 

 

 

 

                                   ***

 

 

 

 

It was another dreadful week and Wendy needed strength, she couldn’t carry another day at all. It was because of some sudden change in her life; she hadn’t seen Iren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter