Together

My Stubborn Keeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am not going to this beach party or something.” Jennie said as she combed her hair and put on some perfume. She had a lunch date with her dad later and Irene wasn't being such a help. Irene had suddenly showed up and was annoying Jennie to get along to the party.

 

 

 

“Why? Parties are your thing.” Irene said with a hint of desperation. 

 

 

 

“Not my thing anymore, I don’t want to mingle with your a week boyfriend and his friends.” Jennie said it straight which just annoyed Irene.

 

 

“He isn’t my boyfriend.”

 

 

 

“Yet,” Jennie whispered.

 

 

“Why dont you go alone to that party, or just take Jisoo with you.” 

 

 

“I am taking Jisoo with me but I want you guys to come too, even Seulgi is coming.” Irene said as she checked her phone.

 

 

“What did Lisa say about this?” Jennie asked after a while.

 

 

“She was excited about it and told we should have a blast.” Irene said exactly what Lisa had texted her when she mentioned the beach party.

 

 

Jennie sighed for a long time and eventually said, “Fine,”

 

 

“Okay, see you tomorrow, Lisa knows all about the place and time, bye.” Irene smirked while standing up.

 

 

“You’re just gonna leave?” Jennie rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Why would I even stay?” 

 

 

“Help me choose a dress for today.” 

 

 

 

(.....)

 

 

 

“Can you handle yourself?” Wendy asked again.

 

 

Joy laughed and turned to the other side of the bed, Wendy has always been this over protective towards her and it’s kind of good to know. They had arrived earlier than they thought as Taeyeon got unexpected business to quickly deal with. So their few days holiday was over. 

 

 

“I just got a cold, don’t stress yourself, unnie. But do you really have to go to work?” Joy asked because Wendy had been tired too through all that jet lag and , but the moment they arrived, she got a call from the bar asking immediate help.

 

 

“Yes, I’m sorry, a new worker came and there’s no one to help him, at least I’ll get the cash.” Wendy chuckled and bid her goodbye.

 

 

Wendy didn’t want to go over to Irene’s yet, maybe wait for a few days and go over. Taeyeon had strictly advised her not to loose her cool.

 

 

Jisoo had texted her and even called, she’s such a sweetheart. She quickly made her way towards the bar and was greeted by the manager, Hyoyeon.

 

 

“Ah! Wendy! I’m so sorry to call you out suddenly, we ran short on workers today and only you agreed to take up the job.” Hyoyeon apologized.

 

 

“Meet the newcomer though, Eunwoo.” Hyoyeon said to the boy beside her, he was breathtakingly pretty and tall. He looked younger than her though.

 

 

“Hello, I’m Cha Eunwoo.” He politely bowed.

 

 

Wendy smiled and returned his gesture, “I’m Wendy.” 

 

 

“Okay guys, I’ll have to go, few customers come in the daylight so you two will be okay.” Hyoyeon made her exit by winking ay both of them.

 

 

They started to do this and that by the time, some customers came in and they did their respective job. Eunwoo was a shy kid according to Wendy’s observation. 

 

 

It had been 15 minutes till the last customer went, and it was already nearing 5 in the evening. Wendy went inside the kitchen and bought about 6 of triangle onigiri(rice ball).

 

 

“Hey! Take it, you must be hungry.” Wendy handed three of them to Eunwoo, who again bowed politely.

 

 

 

“How did you get these?” Eunwoo softly asked.

 

 

Wendy was taking out the wrapper to devour it as she was super hungry, “the manager stores bulk of it every month from the convenience store, it’s like light lunch for us, we can eat whenever we are hungry.”

 

 

“That sounds nice, and it’s really tasty too.” He smiled while taking a big bite of it.

 

 

“It is, sometimes I take these home too.” Wendy whispered hoping no one could hear it.

 

 

“Why are you whispering, noona? No one is here anyway.” Eunwoo laughed.

 

 

“Walls can hear it too, and did you just call me noona?!” 

 

 

“Yes, you’re older than me” Eunwoo nonchalantly told.

 

 

After they discussed about their ages and all, Eunwoo still laughed and calling noona, which Wendy let it slide because she was actually older than him.

 

 

“So, why are you working? Aren’t you supposed to be studying?” 

 

 

Eunwoo nodded, “I get good scores so it’s not much of a problem, my mom runs a rice cake shop in the station so I wanted to help her out.” 

 

 

A smile appeared on Wendy’s face, “Is it just the two of you?”

 

 

“No, three of us including my younger brother. Our dad passed away when I was 9, he was very ill.” Eunwoo gave a tight smile.

 

 

“It right? Having to struggle like this.” Eunwoo was taken back by those words because like every-time, he thought that Wendy would show her sympathy too but she didn’t.

 

 

“I was raised in an orphanage, so I understand what you could’ve dealt with. Others would pity me for the life I had, they looked me and always said, ‘what a poor child’. It could hurt me more because of how happy they looked with their family. It always made me jealous.” Wendy dryly chuckled and took a bite from her food.

 

 

Eunwoo was teary eyed as he smiled, “It’s really hard, mom has been doing every kind of job to let us survive and I wanted to help her too. She doesn't know I’m working, she will probably throw a fit when she finds out.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m living on my own right now, with my other friend from the orphan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter