Velvet

My Stubborn Keeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“These cookies are so good!” 

 

 

 

 

Jennie stared the person indifferently, a little brazen by the whole situation, “Seriously? That’s the first thing you say when you return after disappearing for 4 years?”

 

 

 

 

 

Irene laughed, a beautiful smile striking through her face, “I’m deeply sorry for that, Jennie” 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene was a little tall, Jennie could tell because god! it’s been 4 years, of course she would change. She seemed quite mature and smiled here and there, not like the notorious Irene...or spoiled Irene, her aura just felt different.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Like sorry could sum up everything.” Jennie scoffed while drinking her coffee because she really needed caffeine to get through this situation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll pay for your coffee if it helps?” Irene said in a cute voice, her eyes childishly teasing Jennie.

 

 

 

 

“Wow, you learnt to joke around” Jennie muttered. 

 

 

 

 

 

“First of all, where the were you? Why did you just leave? Not even a heads up!? Not even a call?”

 

 

 

 

 

Irene was about to speak when Jennie raised her voice, cutting her off, “Four years!? I suppose you had a phone!? Or do you not know how to use it!? I knew you were a little slow, but not this slow!?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The people inside the cafe looked at them, some even glaring, I mean it’s not their fault; no one wants to hear someone whining early in the morning. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jennie! Please calm down! The waitress is seconds away of kicking us out from the cafe.” Irene softly said, looking at Jennie, who was fuming but she did what Irene told her to cause the waitress really was throwing daggers their table.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry...for everything. I know apology won’t do anything but i needed to escape. I was scared...I realized I was falling in love, I wanted to pursue it so much but I wasn’t able to in my state.”

 

 

 

 

Irene continued, “I had my ego, my family put up with me so much...my half sister hated me for being like a ...and then Wendy...just so perfect. I didn’t deserve her at all, so I wanted to start anew, being independent...I thought I’d be fine but this place still pulls me...”

 

 

 

 

“So, you were never planning to come back or even call!?” Jennie asked.

 

 

 

 

 

“No, No!! I went to the States, and after some weeks I missed here very much...I was seconds away from calling or flying over here but I couldn’t. I promised myself to return when I was so sure of what I really wanted. I know things won’t go like it was before but...I’ll try. I’ll try so please give me a chance.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, it won’t go like it was before, Irene. We’re not friends.” 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene chuckled, “When were we even friends? You just secretly loved me.”

 

 

 

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Like you didn’t love me too.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh! So you agree that you love me!?” Irene smirked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Not the point, Irene! The point is, I’m still mad at you for everything, you leave and then you come back, which I’m happy about! But still, many people are angry at you...like many!” Jennie emphasized.

 

 

 

 

 

“Wendy?” Irene asked, her face turning as soft as possible, Irene never ever once forgot about Wendy. Jisoo informed her about everyone’s well being, and she was proud of everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Obviously! You can’t just confess to her and leave her. That’s like basic douche move.” 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, I regret doing that and I was seemingly out of my mind. But I did it...for her and more importantly, myself.” 

 

 

 

 

 

“I hope you can convince her with that talk, Wendy’s gotten real sassy, just so you know.” Jennie ate the cookies Irene was gushing about and she let out a moan, ‘this is really good’ 

 

 

 

 

 

“So...is Wendy single?” 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie snorted, “Trust me, even if she was, she wouldn’t date you at all. I bet she will give you a slap right around your pretty face.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That sounds kind of...hot.” Irene winked and Jennie fake gagged.

 

 

 

 

 

“Tell me one thing, did Jisoo know about this?” Jennie asked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, of course!! She was my partner in crime, a loyal one. She told me all about you guys, by the way, congrats on succeeding your father and taking over the company.” Irene added.

 

 

 

 

 

“I feel the urge to personally murder Kim Jisoo. She acted like she actually lost her one and only sibling, and told us how she was never going to talk to you if you return.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She was the leader of the drama club in the States.” Irene giggled while drinking her coffee, it was nice meeting up with Jennie, it felt nostalgic.

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing though? Aside from giving us a heart attack by suddenly returning?” 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene shook her head ignoring Jennie’s sarcasm, “I got my degree in design and I started my own clothing line with two of my friends from the States. We’re starting a branch here now.” 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait what? I thought you’d take business like me” 

 

 

 

 

 

“I thought too, but I’m just too obsessed with fashion and designing really got to me. I kind of asked a loan from my parents to invest in my business.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Loan? They’d give you everything for free.” Jennie said.

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s why I wanted to change. I couldn’t just be the same spoiled princess who gets what she wants. I mean, I would like to get what I want but with my own money.” 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you the same Irene who hated the fact that others had the same designer clothes as you?”

 

 

 

 

 

“That Irene has grown up.” Irene smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie smiled as well, “What’s the name of the clothing brand?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s Velvet”

 

 

 

 

Jennie’s eyes widened, “Velvet!!? From the USA!? Of course you were there!! Lisa always buys from there and she freaking complains that she has to wait a week for her order to arrive! That Kim Jisoo!!! She sent all of us clothes from the Velvet last Christmas!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

“I sent that to you guys. I’m happy that you guys know of it.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Who wouldn’t!? It’s getting so popular, oh my god, how did you get so smart!?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow, the audacity to think I’m not capable of it. I’m freaking Irene Bae.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You haven’t changed completely, you know...there’s still some iness left on you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Irene burst out laughing while Jennie chuckled and it seriously helped her a lot, this is what she has been yearning for, to come back and settle down for real.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy was currently getting ready for her seemingly first date with Sejeong, who Joy introduced to her. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you nervous?” Lisa asked, eating a slice of pizza. She came to help Wendy look the best because it was one of those rare nights for Wendy to actually go out and mingle with some species.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know, maybe?” Wendy said while looking at the mirror, she had her hair up and that white silk dress hugged her body perfectly. 

 

 

 

 

 

“This dress is really nice.” Wendy mumbled.

 

 

 

 

 

Lisa stared her and nodded, “You look really pretty. You must thank Jisoo unnie for sending you this dress.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The door opened and came a tired Jennie in her work attire, she was so worn out that she needed more coffee. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, how was your day?” Lisa asked with a bright smile and Jennie couldn’t help but smile as well.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuna forgot to tab in that I had a meeting wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter