There you go

My Stubborn Keeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a crowd; people standing, or pacing back and forth. Irene wasn’t fond of crowd but she had to do it for her sister who was moving back to the States. 

 

 

“Are you gonna hug me or not?” 

 

 

 

“Why would I? I’m not crazy to do something like that.” 

 

 

 

 

“Always so mean,” Jisoo faked a cry, which made Irene to smile a little bit. She moved in and closed the distance with Jisoo, and hugged her softly.

 

 

 

 

“Have a safe flight.” Irene whispered.

 

 

 

 

“I’ll be back soon before you realize!” 

 

 

 

“Please, no. If you get in trouble there, I’ll hunt you down and beat you up.” 

 

 

 

“Why would I get a beating?” Jisoo said with confusion written on her aesthetic face.

 

 

 

“Because dad will put more security to my life too!” Irene hissed.

 

 

 

Jisoo just rolled her eyes and went on to hug the others; Jennie and Seulgi. Lisa had some work so she couldn’t make it but she wrote a whole letter to her which Jennie had to hand it over. No idea when they got so close.

 

 

 

“Is my Wendy coming or not!?” Jisoo whined. Irene tried not to care because she had spent the night there. Irene had left the apartment as soon as possible, leaving a sleeping Wendy. She couldn’t tell her friends about it.

 

 

 

 

“She’s almost here.” Seulgi informed, looking from her phone probably texting Wendy.

 

 

 

Soon enough Wendy got there, breathing heavily and sweating a little bit. “Sorry, I lost track of time.”

 

 

 

 

“Or were you with your cute boyfriend?” Jennie smirked as she looked Irene, who in return just scoffed.

 

 

 

 

“No, No...I just slept a lot.” Wendy said while going in to hug Jisoo. She had admired Jisoo because of her humor and outgoing nature. 

 

 

 

 

“When will you come back?” Wendy asked, handing Jisoo a small flower bouquet she bought in her way.

 

 

 

 

“When I have the time. I’ll miss you the most.” Jisoo said.

 

 

 

 

“Are you saying that in front of me?” Irene in.

 

 

 

Jisoo gasped, “Why? Who said only you can miss Wendy?”

 

 

 

“I—I didn’t mean that! I have to be the one you miss the mos—st!” Irene stammered, her cheeks turning pink. Oh damn, she got the feels.

 

 

 

Jennie cleared , “Just head inside now, I’m already sleepy.” 

 

 

 

Jisoo waved at them for the final time before heading inside. Wendy looked Irene, who was already walking away with Seulgi.

 

 

“Have you eaten, Seul?” Irene asked. Seulgi smiled sheepishly and shook her head. 

 

 

 

“Let’s go eat at my home.” 

 

 

 

 

“I’m taking Wendy home.” Jennie announced as they were walking. Irene stopped in her track and looked Jennie, thinking on what to do. Wendy was about to decline Jennie’s offer because she could go on her own.

 

 

 

 

“Do whatever you want, I don’t really care. Let’s go, Seul.” Irene said as she continued with her walk; heading inside her flashy car with Seulgi following after a wave.

 

 

 

 

“Why is she always so uptight?” Jennie asked.

 

 

 

 

Wendy shook her head, “I’ve got no idea.” 

 

 

 

 

Jennie insisted on dropping Wendy home even though she declined, so she had no other choice than to sit in Jennie’s car. It smelled really fresh and sweet, as expected though.

 

 

 

 

“You’re in way dating that boy right?” Jennie asked after a while, both of them were at the backseat while her driver drove them around. She sure is rich too, Wendy thought.

 

 

 

 

“It’s hard to explain.”

 

 

 

 

“Don’t you like Irene?” 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy snapped her head to Jennie, who just laughed out loud, “it’s obvious now.”

 

 

 

 

“It’s dumb that I like her.”

 

 

 

“Why is it dumb?”

 

 

 

 

 

“I never planned on liking her.”

 

 

 

 

“Oh come on, who plans on liking someone? It just happens.” Jennie chuckled.

 

 

 

 

“I confessed to her but got rejected.”

 

 

 

 

“She did that? To you?” 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes...she’s just too cold. Sometimes she’ll be saying sweet things and then she’ll be a stranger again. Does she have double personality problem?” 

 

 

 

 

“That’s so her though. Irene’s really different, she doesn’t know about her own feelings, I mean she doesn’t acknowledge it.” 

 

 

 

 

“Was she always like this?” 

 

 

 

 

“She’s just too hard on herself ever since her mother left her, and her dad remarrying also didn’t help. She’s always been alone with no one to look up-to, so she’s really hard to crack.”

 

 

 

Wendy nodded as she didn’t know about this information, she quite thought that Jisoo and Irene looked similar; both of them were very pretty.

 

 

 

“So, are you trying to make Irene jealous with this new stunt of yours?”

 

 

 

“Is it working?” 

 

 

 

 

Jennie laughed, “I don’t know that for sure but I can tell you something better than this..”

 

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

“Keep on pursuing Irene, don't give up and she will come around.”

 

 

 

 

After their short talk about other stuff, Wendy went inside her apartment. She was so worn out from last night’s work and waking up early today. She just sat on the living room; channeling different shows with no interest.

 

 

 

That’s when her phone buzzed; it was Cha Eunwoo.

 

 

 

“Noona? My mom found out about me working at the bar >_< can you help me this time?”

 

 

 

Wendy soon called him and told him to explain everything. She then agreed to drop by his mother’s rice cake shop and greet her; so she could assure her that nothing bad will happen. 

 

 

 

“You look dreadful.” 

 

 

 

“Tell me something I don’t know.” 

 

 

 

“How was it?”

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“Sleeping with Bae Irene.”

 

 

 

Wendy just ignored, but her cheeks got a little tainted. She then sighed, “we can have this conversation later on. I need to head out.”

 

 

 

 

(...)

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go watch a movie.” 

 

 

 

Irene was casually playing some game in her device but got interrupted by Bogum’s voice. 

 

 

 

 

“Cinemas are boring” Irene told as she looked at the boy, who just nodded.

 

 

 

 

“Irene?”

 

 

 

 

“Yea?”

 

 

 

 

“Are you really infatuated with me?”

 

 

 

 

“What?” Irene raised her brows.

 

 

 

 

Bogum came closer and held her cheeks, he then leaned down and kissed Irene, who was just frozen due to shock. She then remembered Wendy and just pushed the latter away.

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

 

 

 

“You don’t like me at all, so why are we doing this thing?” Bogum sighed as he leaned back at the soft sofa, they were at some cafe that Bogum rented.

 

 

 

 

Irene couldn’t say anything, has she been this sensitive and also because of Wendy? Has Wendy been occupying her mind like this? She has lost her mind.

 

 

 

“You’re cute.” Irene said and looked away.

 

 

 

 

“You definitely can lie. So, who do you like?”

 

 

 

“What the hell are you saying?” Irene scoffed.

 

 

 

Bogum chuckled, “Is it that Wendy girl?”

 

 

 

 

It was dead silent, Irene gulped down as her heart started to beat just because of one simple name ‘Wendy’. Irene gritted her teeth, not wanting to answer.

 

 

 

 

“You were really stressed out when you saw her you know, I could just tell. Am I spot on?”

 

 

 

 

“There’s no good in talking about it. I’m leaving.”

 

 

 

 

“Are you running away?” 

 

 

 

 

“Why would I run away?” Irene stood up and faced Bogum.

 

 

 

 

“Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter