Offer?

My Stubborn Keeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene sipped her coffee, “How about dinner tonight?”

 

 

 

“Aren’t you being obvious that you’re stalking me?” It had been a week since Irene’s infamous arrival, and she was still trying to talk to Wendy every chance she got(which is everyday by the way), Irene always waits in the same cafe that Wendy visits and tries to start up a conversation like right now but Wendy has been giving her the coldest shoulders as she deserves. Irene also had met Seulgi and Lisa already, had apologized to then severely and they both have accepted it but Wendy was a different case.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s supposed to he obvious, darling. So, what do you say about dinner?” 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy crossed her arms and stared at Irene for a while and sighed, “I would love free food but I don’t love the company that I’ll be having.” 

 

 

 

 

 

That came out so wrong, Wendy realized after a while as she noticed the hurt written on Irene’s face and the way the girl stopped tapping the table with her finger, she was about to say something but Irene interrupted her,

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry for everything, Wendy. I just did what I felt was good, for both of us. I’m also sorry if I’m being annoying and creepy with all these stalking and forcing you to talk, I’m also stupid to think that you’d still love me after what I did.” 

 

 

 

 

 

The latter stood up, usually it would be Wendy leaving her but Irene was ready to go. Wendy thought that Irene was letting her go again and that she was tired after a week, she hoped for Irene to not give up but that’s life...what did she except from Irene anyway? 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll stop following you and stressing you out.” Irene said while putting her phone inside her coat pocket and giving Wendy a small smile who just stayed poker.

 

 

 

 

 

“Good.” Wendy hoarsely replied, she was in the verge of breaking down because it felt the same, Irene leaving first. She loved Irene and she still does, she was finally ready to move on but Irene is here, she is happy but she needed time because Irene could leave again and she didn’t want her heart to break...again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After an hour of trying to keep herself intact, Wendy walked to her studio dejected, she wanted to throw things around of how vulnerable and stupid she felt but once she got inside the studio, her other male producer/friend through school, Chanyeol, greeted her with a bouquet, “Here you go, Wen.”

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s the occasion? You never gift something like this.” Wendy said while taking the bouquet of tulips.

 

 

 

“I will never even gift you anything. I didn’t know y Irene was back? Saw her in front of the studio earlier, she told me to hand it to you once I told we worked together.” 

 

 

 

 

Wendy was stunned, she took the card on the flowers and opened it, Chanyeol leaning to read the card too. A wave of relief washed through Wendy as she smiled to herself.

 

 

 

 

“Damn, didn’t know she could be soft.” Chanyeol said.

 

 

 

 

 

“Shut up.” Wendy shoved him away while placing the flower and card on their small table, rushing to start the composing work.

 

 

 

 

 

“So, are you going to say yes to dinner with her?” Chanyeol asked back but Wendy shook her head,

 

 

 

 

 

“Nope, I’d like to have more of these flowers for while.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I did say I will stop following you but I didn’t say that I’d give up right? You better not freak out by the amounts of flowers you’ll be receiving from now on. Also, dinner with me, please? - I :)” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m in.” Wendy said with a genuine smile

 

 

 

“I’m always available for free booze.” Jennie winked while combing Lisa’s blonde long hair. It was their only free day and that meant raiding Lisa and Jen’s apartment, but Seulgi had just suggested to hit the bar as a celebratory to her art gallery opening soon.

 

 

 

 

“I’ll invite Irene.” Seulgi happily said while fishing out her phone but got a panic look from Wendy. The latter hadn’t seen Irene for a while but had been receiving flowers each day with a card which made her go soft but she still wasn’t sure of Irene.

 

 

 

 

“What? Why?” Wendy questioned.

 

 

 

 

“She’s our friend duh.” Lisa replied this time while giving Jennie heart eyes.

 

 

 

“Does it bother you? If it does, I won’t call her.” Seulgi asked, she didn’t want Wendy to be uncomfortable because everyone knew how Wendy was head over heels or still is with Irene. They had seen Wendy’s lowest moment because of Irene.

 

 

 

 

 

“It doesn’t, call her.” Wendy shrugged, she didn’t want everyone to know that it did in fact affect her because deep inside, Irene still held her somehow. But the way to move on is acceptance and she needed to accept the fact that Irene will be present in her life; she needed to be used to it.

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi called Irene after that, putting it on speaker so her friends could hear it cause they were eyeing her,

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Seul” 

 

 

Wendy gulped, looking at the television and wondering why TLC was giving out the dumbest show which involved some no neck Ed and Rose; it made her cringe. 

 

 

 

 

“Irene! What are you doing?” Seulgi asked back, as she sat down beside Lisa on the floor who nudged her playfully while Jennie glanced a very fidgety Wendy over the couch.

 

 

 

 

“Some paperworks, I’m dead tired.” Irene chuckled and Wendy trued really hard not to replay that in her ing head because it is definitely not CUTE.

 

 

 

“What’s up though?” 

 

 

 

 

“We’re having a girls day out, you’re invited.”

 

 

 

There was a small sigh other the line, “I’m so sorry, wish I could, Seul but I have something planned tonight. Hopefully next time?”

 

 

 

“Oh, that’s okay, Joohyun! As long as you buy me tons of Pringles, I’ll let this one slide.” Seulgi chuckled and Irene did too, Wendy was relieved that Irene had something planned tonight because she wouldn’t know how to face Irene in her drunken state.

 

 

 

 

“For sure! Uhm...Make sure you wear something warm, it might snow tonight. Tell that to everyone and Wendy especially.” 

 

 

 

The bubbly feelings came and invaded Wendy’s  body and she definitely knew that Irene meant it for her. She made sure that didn’t faze her in anyway but it was really hard to do so.

 

 

 

 

“Only Wendy, got it.” Seulgi joked while chuckling and Jennie snickered while staring at Wendy, who was busy staring at the screen in front of them with her face red as tomato.

 

 

 

 

“She wasn’t this open about her feelings back then.” Seulgi chuckled as soon as she hung up the phone, she was happy that Irene had changed for the better but she still missed the old time when Irene was always so cranky and y.

 

 

 

 

“How about you invite Sejeong?” Lisa asked because she wanted to see Wendy happy, and being with Irene for now is surely not gonna make her happy or comfortable. Sejeong is the best decision for Wendy, the girl is just so lovable and funny, her friends definitely approved.

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy wish she could but Sejeong had her work till late usually and she didn’t want to snatch away her time of rest just for drinks and bar, “She has work. Honestly guys, we have each other, it will be fun.”

 

 

 

Sejeong is a great person, Wendy agrees but she doesn’t get the feels to develop a real thing between them. Sejeong was a good choice for her while Irene was her risky choice. She felt it’s better to play safe.

 

 

 

 

“Today’s mission is to set Seulgi up with someone.” Jennie stood up ready to raid her closet for the fanciest dress ever, she wanted to make head turn especially Lisa’s. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t need anyone.” Seulgi rolled her eyes and made her way to the closet with Jennie. They all were welcome to choose any outfits they want. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Irene told me that their new collection is about to take off and I’m so excited for it, she has one separated especially for me.” Lisa said, her excitement all over her face. It was obvious to anyone that she is a total crazy fan. 

 

 

 

 

 

After they were all done preparing for at-least 2 hours, they headed to their usual bar where Wendy used to work back then. Everyone had their coat or jacket with them, thanks for Irene’s head up. 

 

 

 

 

 

“This place is always the same.” Jennie said as she got of her SUV explaining the driver to stay close. She helped Lisa to get out in those heels even though she knew the latter would be fine.

 

 

 

 

“You guys are so cute, but please stop.” Wendy pleaded because she didn’t want to see some fluff romantic scene right in front of her eyes and Jenlisa is a very gross couple once you get to know them.

 

 

 

 

 

“We will tell you that once you ask out Sejeong and make it official.” Lisa teased.

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at her friends, they have been dying to set her up with Sejeong and she understood why. But Wendy’s mind was filled with Irene and also Sejeong, making her more confused than ever.

 

 

 

“Drinks on me but foods on Jen” Seulgi stated while heading inside, linking her arms with Wendy leaving the couple behind.

 

 

 

 

 

“Why? That’s uncalled for. It’s your celebration” Jennie pointed out, already feeling mummers and hasty conversation of drunk people around the tables. 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re the rich one among us.” 

 

 

 

 

 

That reason was alone undebatable, Wendy chuckled while nodding her head while Jennie scoffed. They always told that reason whenever they wanted Jennie to buy or invest on but she couldn’t even argue because she loves gifting the others.

 

 

 

 

“Wai—hold on a second, am I already drunk or is that Irene there?” Lisa said from behind, all of the girls stopped in their track.

 

 

 

 

 

“We haven’t even ordered any drinks, Lisa” Jennie muttered but looked to where Lisa kind of hinted. Wendy did the same and her breath hitched; she was drawn with Irene and her perfectly smooth hair glowing, the pale skin radiating more than before. Her teal silk party dress was shining and Wendy was hypnotized.

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie chuckled, shaking her head “What’s she doing here?” 

 

 

 

 

“Well, she did say she had plans tonight.” Seulgi answered.

 

 

 

 

 

“I thought something related to work.” Wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter