The distress it caused

Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A painful silence fell about the room as everyone now turned to Renjun, the oblivious boy who squirmed at the attention.

"What?" He questioned in a shakey voice, scared at the way he was being looked at.Was there something on him? Had he act out of place? Why had his parents stopped talking and instead turned to look at him?

A few seconds later, his mother broke the silence."Renjun dear, come" She called out while stretching and arm in her youngest son's directions, fingers shaking as a sad smile pulled at her face.

Obediently, Renjun stood from his seat and sat back down on his knees where his mother was seated, clasping her hands and looking deep into her eyes, her eyes of sorrow.

"Renjun" his mother began, "Do you know what is to become of your future?". The named boy slowly shook his head.

A tear slipped down his mother's face as she looked away to hide it. Renjun thought he'd done something wrong and opened his mouth to apologize but a voice quickly broke through.

"You're the one being married off to the Prince, you idiot!".

It was Renjun's eldest brother, Sicheng. He was standing up straight with anger on his face but it soon crumbled into one of hurt. His body shaked with the overflow of emotions and before anyone could speak another word, Sicheng had run out of the room leaving an even more confused Renjun by his mothers feet.

Without a second thought, the second son of the Huang family, Yukhei, chased after his brother, ignoring the call of his father. He left with hopes of comforting Sicheng and ceasing the anger he had towards his father for letting this happen to the family.

The maids were dismissed and soon the only remaining people in the room were Renjun, his parents and his cousin, Chenle who had come to spend a few weeks at the household.

Renjun's father sighed deeply as he brought a hand up to his head. He massaged it a few times before speaking."Renjun, my child, do you not understand the gravity of this situation?"

Furrowing his eyebrows, Renjun answered,"Forgive me father, I don't. I understand that I'm being married off to a vampire but what distress does it bring?". Everyone was behaving in an overly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter