Second Prince of the Na royals

Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Compared to his surroundings Renjun felt small.

 

 

Like a speck of dust in library of the castles west wing. Rows and rows book racks stretched out far as the afternoon sunlight filled the space through tall window that ran along the walls.  

Back at home the only source of reading was the old library in village square, constantly in need of a restock. Renjun had his own collection of books but each year he'd want a few more, having read everything that sat on the shelves, some possible of gathering dust if not for the maids cleaning them.

Carefully threading further into the large space, he looked around, slightly lost, not knowing where to start neither where the designated genre of stories were. It was overwhelming so say the least.

 

"Hello" 

 

The sudden greeting caused Renjun to flinch and face the person who'd said it.

 

Arms stacked with books was a man with good height, blue hair that shone like a sapphire in the afternoon sun. He had a long face and sharp eyes that were neither welcoming nor disregarding. Unmistakably a vampire.  

"Hello" Renjun said shyly, tilting his head in greeting.

"You seem a bit lost" the man said, shifting the weight in his arms. "Do you need any help?"

There was monotonous tone in his voice as though the words were often recycled.

"Yes, I am. I would be grateful for your assistance". Renjun replied, holding back the urge to wring his fingers together. The man walked towards a cart where he placed his load then beckoned Renjun to follow along. 

"Is there anything you prefer?" The vampire asked as he wheeled the cart along the first few rows of books.

Renjun thought for a while and replied, "I'd like something on history and geography".

 

 

So they spent a good amount of time skimming the shelves for some good reading material, the man reaching for the more higher books when Renjun had tried and failed. 

Once a decent amount had piled up Renjun was lead to a sitting area where the light perfectly hit and the warmth of it had seeped into the wood of the table and chairs.

"If that is all I shall take my leave" the man declared, walking away with the now nearly empty cart, leaving Renjun to give his thanks to a retreating back.

He sat down, grateful for the assistance but a bit put off by the vampires character. So tuning the thoughts away he pulled the first book towards him and began his study on the geography of Rubes.

 

 

 

 

 

Renjun hadn't a clue of how much time had passed when voices cracked his shell of solitude. It was bickering that he heard and from what he could tell it was a few rows away from where he sat. Looking around for some source of time, Renjun spotted a large clock and noted that he'd been in the library for three hours or so, soon registering the orange glow casted by the setting sun. Throat parched and brain a bit muddled, he stood up, picking up the books so the librarian wouldn't have to clean up after him. In the process of doing so Renjun felt being watched, shoulders hunching slightly at the discomfort of it and without his knowing his body had turned to where the stares were coming from.

Three pairs of eyes had him seized in their gazes. From the quick glimpse Renjun had caught before they vanished behind the corner of the rack they were hiding behind, they appeared to be three young men. It wasn't much detail to Renjun so he did what he thought was best.

 

Investigate. 

 

With swift and silent steps he made his way to where the eyes had been spotted, rounding the corner and stopping before his discovery.

His suspicion was indeed correct when three boys had come into view, emitting yelps at the appearance of the human, only to slap hands over each others mouths to cancel out the sound. They were relatively young, perhaps Renjun's age and wide eyed at being discovered. Renjun looked on curiously, arms atop eachother and poised.

 

 

"May I help you?"

 

 

Quickly regaining themselves, the boys separated from their huddled mess and straightened themselves out. One of the three, blessed with height and a pretty face, spoke out with as much dignity as he could muster.

"You are standing in the presence of his Royal Highness, Prince Jisung, second born son of the Na royals".

The second tallest of the two threw a speedy glance of disbelief at his companion before puffing out his chest. A move meant to draw the introduction towards himself.

Renjun had vaguely caught a glimpse of the second prince when exploring the castle with Mark and Johnny, who'd pointed out the vampire to him. Lanky and tall, hair jet black like his father and pale even through the sunshine. He had been crossing over the garden lake when Renjun had seen him, followed closely by the gaggle of attendants whom the prince was obviously trying to shake off. Now up close he was noticeably more handsome and in Renjun's mind, a little comical.

 

"Greetings to his Royal Highness, prince Jisung", Renjun declared, bending into a bow. He was aware of his late introduction but better late than never. 

Clearing his throat, the prince replied, "rise, Sir Renjun. Your greeting has been formally accepted".

So Renjun stood up straight and went back to watching the three in front of him. The last of them presented fair hair and a fine jaw than blended into an acute chin. It seemed to Renjun that he was attempting to hold in laughter. Whether at the human or another matter Renjun had no idea.

As silence progressed after the Prince's words, the three spies sent eye signals to one another, Renjun all the while observing them. Untill he was dismissed or left alone he couldn't waltz away from the presence of a member of the royal family.

"It was nice to meet you, good sir but we must be on our way as his Highness has studies to attend to" the blonde haired man finally said, smiling tightly as if it weren't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter