Palace life begins

Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

                        Fresh clothing, sweet perfumes and a warm breakfast compromised as Renjun's first morning at the palace. A flock of maids had come about to prepare him, sneakily glancing at Renjun when the chance came about. In time he was presentable and once out the door he met Johnny and Mark outside his chamber.
Upon meeting them Renjun instinctively lowered into a bow. The two returned the gesture but insisted on dropping formalities.

"We are your castle escorts, we shouldn't be greeting eachother like this every time" Johnny mused as they walked away, down a sunlit corridor that contrasted against the setting of the previous night. The walls of the passage gleamed white with the stone floor, the portraits and vases of fresh flowers painting the way with bursts of colour. The large windows were open to let the last of the spring breeze inside.

"I can't do that, sir Johnny", Renjun rejected, alarmed at the suggestion. 

"Although I don't necessarily agree with him", Mark added, "we should try. Jaemin is under our wing and now you are too so it only makes sense."

Renjun looked between the two, feeling quite awake at such an hour in the morning, despite the tiredness that still clung at his limbs. The vampire's looked on expectantly, uncaring of the sun's rays that cast upon them, and Renjun finally gave in.

"Very well," he agreed but added quickly, "but it will take me some time. You are noblemen and it's only right that I treat you accordingly."

"Master Renjun, fear not when you are with us", Johnny reassured, smiling, resuming the castle tour.

 

 


                 Renjun was guided around as much as time could offer. The colossal building was of dark alabaster stone, rimmed with gold windows and fine ornaments. The eye could see cleanliness even to the very corners. Renjun was shown the guest quarters, the multiple entrances, the culinary sector, the library, sitting areas, ballrooms, the gardens where they sat to have lunch and a much needed break and of course, the palace stables.

Renjun filled with excitement at the thought of paying a visit to the horses and this burst of energy didn't slip unnoticed by the vampires.

"Master Renjun, do you perhaps have a liking towards horses?" Mark inquired as he pat down a chestnut stallion. Renjun and Johnny ruffled the mane if a spotted grey mare. 

"Oh, of course!" Renjun replied, unable to mask the thrill in his voice, turning to face the black haired Vampire. "I've always loved them. My family owns a few and my brothers and I rode them out whenever we could." He spoke with a content tone. It was nice to come across something that seemed familiar to Renjun , a little reminder of home wouldn't hurt his mindset of working towards adjusting to his new life. 

They moved around the stable, Renjun paying attention to each and every horse he came across. Upon recognising the ones that drew him all the way form home, he paid them extra attention. His palace escorts shared a smile.

"Johnny!" 

All three turned their heads in various directions trying to point where the call came from. 

"Johnny!" The voice called again and this time it was closer, right outside the stable.

Renjun and his escorts moved to the entrance and came across the source of the sound.

It was the man from the night before, the one that had come to Renjun with the queen's letter.

The man's eyes first landed on the tallest of the three and a look so soft settled onto his features. He stood up straight and was prepared to talk when he noticed Mark and of course, Renjun.

Quickly tugging forward, he bent into a bow.

"Good morning, Master Renjun. I hadn't noticed you sooner".

"Good morning", Renjun replied, working towards the familiarity of people treating him highly. It didn't sit right with him, even if the staff back at the Huang residence addressed him the same. "It's fine, sir".

The man straightened up in surprise and turned to Johnny who had moved towards him, then faced the human again.

"May I take time out of your schedule to speak to Johnny for a moment?" He asked, a familiar smile pulling at his lips. 

Renjun was genuinely surprised.

"Of course", he answered, mirroring the man's expression.

Johnny excused himself and the messenger and moved away with the man to talk in private leaving Renjun to face Mark.

"Who is that?" Renjun inquired, intrigued by Johnny's company. Observing them more carefully, the man seemed to be very close to the tall vampire. They shared words and sweet smiles between them as they stood close to one another. 

"That's Taeil", Mark answered, following Renjun's line of sight. "He's from the Vexes clan, a fae. And if you've guessed it by now, him and Johnny are in a relationship. Married, to be more specific".

"Really?" Renjun gasped, surprised though he shouldn't be. 

As he contemplated Marks' words, Renjun did notice a thin gold band on Taeil's finger and a thicker one on Johnny's.

The human looked on at the couple, nearly squealing when Johnny's large hand was subtly placed on the front of Taeil's shirt, his belly to be exact. 

"Oh my!" Renjun's voice toned into a whisper, "is he..?" 

Marks' answer was an enthusiastic nod.

"They don't want to flaunt it around but everyone knows", he whispered back. "It's like this hushed secret that's going ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter