oo2

The Day I Lost Her, I Found You

Happy reading, everyone ;)

 

Now

 

Luhan went to the hospital again. After he finished making an appointment with a doctor, he sat in the cafeteria alone. Patiently, he sat at a round table that was located far away from other people. With his hand, he covered the bruise on his cheek to avoid people staring at him. He was rather embarrassed and disappointed that Kai had no longer believed him. What's even worse, Kai was brave enough to punch Luhan right on the face.


"Look at him..." whispered a girl to her friends. Luhan looked away, feeling ashamed.

Suddenly, someone patted his shoulder. Luhan jumped back in surprise, taking a while before he finally recognized the person.

It was the nurse that came out of the surgery room the night Min Ah's death was confirmed. And she too, happened to Min Ah's best friend since college. "Luhan, may I talk to you for a while?" she asked, fully dressed in a nurse uniform. Luhan nodded without thinking twice. He wasn't prepared to talk to Jisook, as much as he wanted to. Jisook had been friends with him, Kai, Sehun and Min Ah for years. But after what happened, Luhan felt the friendship meant nothing now. 

"How are you?" she asked in a low voice as she took a seat next to him. She seemed to be concerned about him, but Luhan was not in the right mood to talk. 

Remained quiet, Luhan just looked at her. 
A warming smile was formed on her lips. "I'm Jisook, Min Ah's friend."

Luhan gulped in response. "I know."

Jisook nodded and her smile faded. 

"You know...Min Ah talked a lot about you to me a day before she died. She said that you're the best guy she had ever met," she said, her eyes bored into his. Luhan felt his heart beating rapidly and he couldn't sit still. His memories were haunting him again.

Luhan still remained quiet. He was like a breathless man, waiting for the right moment to die. Jisook saw him shaking and she comforted him, "I'm sorry about what happened. I'm sure that she didn't do it on her will."

The 'it' word she mentioned made Luhan took a deep breath and looked away. He kept on trying to maintain his rapid heartbeat and his silent screams. No, Jisook was wrong. He killed Min Ah. He admitted it. If Min Ah was still with Kai and not him, Min Ah might still be happy and won't die so easily. Maybe, just maybe, if Min Ah had never been with Luhan, she might still be happy.

"Anyway, I'm not here to talk about the past. She is resting in peace and I hope you will remember that," she continued. 

"Since you're already here, I want to ask you about her funeral. You should come-"

"I'm not going," interrupted Luhan in a loud, clear voice. His face turned red and he seemed to look so depressed. Jisook was stunned. 

"Why not? You're her boyfriend and-"

Luhan turned to face her. "I said I'm not going."

Jisook's face darkened than usual. She looked disappointed. 
"I hope you understand," he continued.

She stood from her her seat and as she was walking away, she looked at Luhan again and said, "Min Ah told me how much she loved you. I never thought that you would act heartless towards her sudden death. I never thought that what she told me is the total opposite to the Luhan I'm seeing now. I know you, Luhan. You weren't like this before. Come back to your senses! Can't you just feel a pinch of guilty for not taking a good care of Min Ah the moment she needed you when she was still healthy and alive?"

She walked away and the atmosphere turned sad and quiet. 

Can't you just feel a pinch of guilty for not taking a good care of Min Ah the moment she needed you when she was still healthy and alive?

She's wrong. She's wrong. She's wrong.


Luhan repeatedly murmured the same sentence over and over again. His hands were wet with sweat and he gritted his teeth in anger.

I took care of her that I almost risk my own life just to save hers. Why can't people see that? Why?

Luhan calmed himself down and took a glimpse of his watch. He was late for his appointment and with heavy steps, he went to meet the doctor with his heart screaming in pain.


 

---



Kai slammed himself onto Sehun's bed and frowned. Sehun was busy cleaning the living room that was still in a mess.

He picked up a broken frame with a photo of Kai and Luhan in it.
"What have you done to the house, Jongin?" asked Sehun, worriedly.

Kai heard his question from the living room and groaned. "Just leave it like this. I don't care."

Sehun ignored Kai and continued the cleaning. Once he finished, he walked inside his room and sat on his bed beside Kai.

"You need to tell me what's going on," he said. Kai covered his face with Sehun's pillow but Sehun took it away from Kai.

"I'm listening here," continued Sehun, acting like a father. 

Kai seemed so intense that Sehun was shocked to see his condition. Kai's eyes were swollen and his hair was really messy. He looked like he had been in a fight but Sehun knew that Kai is a hot-tempered person. Sometimes Kai can have a fight with himself; torturing himself for his uncontrollable anger.

Kai raised from the bed and rushed out of the room. Sehun was still sitting on his bed, wondering about Kai's problems.

Something happened to appear in his mind and Sehun suddenly asked himself, "Does this have anything to do with Luhan and Min Ah?"


 

---



Luhan looked around the streets outside the hospital. He saw the child and the mother, both playing with each other. The smiles on their faces managed to soften Luhan's heart. He was then at ease. 

The sky was cloudless and clear blue. Again, the thought of Min Ah and Kai came into his mind. He can picture it - the moment when he saw Min Ah and Kai laughed together, ate together, cried together and when they were both holding hands, loving each other. He can feel how hurtful it was for him that time. But the last words Min Ah said was a sign that she asked for his forgiveness. It was always true in Luhan's heart...that he will forgive her forever. 

He pressed the ice pack the doctor gave him onto his bruised cheek, the spot where Kai punched him before. He was in pain but he tried to act normal in front of everyone around him. 

"Wait, mister!" 

Luhan startled as he stopped walking. 

The voice.

The voice sounded so familiar. 
He suddenly turned breathless and his heart was beating rapidly. 

It can't be.

Kim Min Ah?

He turned around and saw a girl panting behind him. Her hair covered her face as she looked down. Her movements were slow and only time can predict when she will introduce herself. 

Luhan hoped he heard wrong. He hoped he saw wrong.

The girl removed her hands off her knees and stood properly. She noticed that the guy in front of her seemed scared. The question is, why?

Luhan heaved out a sigh. His feelings were unpredictable. He recalled the incident in the shop the night before and guessed her name, "Cho...Eunmi?" 

Eunmi didn't say anything. Neither she said yes nor no. 

"You called me Min Ah last night even when you know I'm not her..." she said which sounded more like a question. Luhan, on the other hand, remained quiet. 

"...why?" she asked. 

The ice pack in Luhan's grasp was then carefully kept in his backpack. He looked calm, or maybe too scared to show off his fear. He stared at Eunmi for a while before managed to find an answer.

Her eyes. Brown colored and were filled with curiosity. 
Her lips. They were pale because of the cold breeze. 
Her hair. Long and sometimes covered her face due to the wind.
 

They were all different from Min Ah. But the only thing about Eunmi that haunted him was...

The handkerchief she gave him.

Her gesture. 


If she wears a mask, Luhan will probably mistaken her for Min Ah. The reason why he was terrified the moment he met Eunmi in the restaurant, was because her actions that seemed so familiar to the girl that already died.

Luhan took out Eunmi's handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to her.
Unfortunately, he said nothing and sighed.His eyes were filled with guilty, pain and denial.

Eunmi froze. She still didn't take the handkerchief from Luhan.
Luhan thought that Eunmi would walk away. 

It turned out...she took a step closer to him.

"You did something bad, right?"

 


---

 

Flashback : The night she died

 

"What if we still have another chance? What if we can still fix this?"

 

No one's POV



"Min Ah, put down the knife. Please don't do this..." pleaded Luhan in a low voice.

Min Ah was playing with the knife by using her fingertips. It slowly left small scratches on the tip of her fingers and they were all bleeding. Luhan led his hands to Min Ah's face and looked at her in the eyes. She was sitting at the corner of the room, facing the ground.

"I don't deserve to live, am I?" The question Min An asked Luhan made him shook his head continuously. 

"Why are you saying this? What happened to you?" asked Luhan with his hands still cupping Min Ah's wet cheeks. Min Ah gripped the knife tight and sobbed. She couldn't look at the worrying Luhan. She didn't want him to worry about her. She wanted him to be happy. She wanted him to enjoy his life. She wanted him to live the life of his own...without her.

"I did so many mistakes to you, aren't I, Luhan?" she asked again. Luhan kneeled in front of her and wiped away her tears.

"Why are you saying this? Are you okay?" he replied. 

He was hurt before. But he didn't care about it then. He led his hands slowly to take the knife away from Min Ah but she wouldn't let him do so.

"Don't," she raised her voice. She widened her eyes and she somehow looked like she had gone insane. Luhan was shocked seeing her reaction and he was starting to feel afraid. 

"Kim Min Ah, give me the knife now," he insisted, gripping Min Ah's hand. 

"You hate me, right?" she asked, her voice cracked.

Luhan stared at her. He was still confused. But he knew that something must have gone wrong. He looked around to see her room being messed with broken glasses on the floor and the curtains including the bed sheets were torn. Her books were thrown onto the floor and her clothes were dirty. There were full of unrecognized pills on the floor, which stunned Luhan. He never thought this would happen too soon. Min Ah had suffered from traumatization and Luhan never thought that she would go too far. He had just reached home from work and decided to visit her after she gave him a call, saying that she would miss him entirely even when death calls her. Luhan felt worried hearing her sad talks about their relationship so he went to see her.

"You'll forgive me, right, Luhan?" she asked again. This time, she stared at Luhan who suddenly shaking his head. 

"What are you trying to do?" he questioned her, still trying not to answer her question. 

Min Ah raised the knife and looked at it. "Maybe if I do this, you'll be happy again," she sobbed. 

"NO!" Luhan made a move and tried to take knife from her cold hands. He didn't know if Min Ah was already turned insane, but she was stronger than him. She was trying to push Luhan away and she screamed when Luhan harshly grabbed her wrist and turned it, leaving a bruise on it. She gazed at Luhan who seemed confused but terrified at the same time. 

Both of them stopped fighting, the knife was still in Min Ah's hand.

"Why? Why this, Min Ah? You know I don't want this. You know we still have another chance. You know we can still fix this. We can still fix us." Luhan looked so disappointed. He took off his necktie and sighed. Min Ah fell onto the ground, sobbing. 

Her breathings turned sharp. It was true that she had gone insane. Her eyes were filled with trauma. 

She suddenly threw a book to Luhan. Luhan seemed shocked. "M-Min Ah?"

"GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!" she started pushing Luhan again, this time she led him to the door.

Luhan grabbed her by the arm and yelled, "MIN AH, CALM DOWN!"

The knife in her hands accidentally scratched Luhan's wrist. Luhan yelped in pain. He looked up to her, eyes filled with anger he didn't mean to commit. Min Ah felt guilty for what she had done, but Luhan was taking a step she never thought so. He slapped Min Ah's face and managed to get the knife out of her hand when Min Ah fell onto the floor. 

"Give it back!!!" she screamed. 

"I don't know why you're being like this and hurting me, but I'm taking you out of here. You had gone insane!" 

hearing the word 'insane', Min Ah couldn't take it anymore. Maybe she was crazy. Big deal, huh? Min Ah managed to run to the kitchen, and Luhan widened his eyes in shock as he ran after her. "Min Ah, no!" 

She grabbed another knife from the drawer and pointed it to Luhan.
"Stay...away from me." She glared. Luhan froze in front of her. 

He looked around and he saw the kitchen table had a picture of Min Ah and another guy in it. 

Min Ah saw Luhan's eyes filled with hatred. She looked at the picture too and gasped.

Luhan grabbed the picture and directly showed it to Min Ah.
"This is a photo of you and..."

Min Ah seemed scared.

"...Jongin." 

Luhan was too disappointed that he let go of the picture and let if fell to the floor. 

"You picked him over me, after all these years?" Luhan's heart was crushed to bits. He was extremely...sad and hurt.

"Give me the knife," he demanded. His voice was cracked as well.
Min Ah shook her head and within seconds, Luhan approached her.

"You never loved me all this time?" he asked between the fights. Min Ah ran away from the kitchen and until she had nowhere to go at the corner of the room, she saw Luhan running to her.

She screamed and the force made by Luhan hurt her a lot. She was then in pain. Luhan was a man. He was stronger than her. And she noticed that Luhan lost his temper, his eyes turned red. She felt really guilty for that. She didn't feel like killing herself anymore. She was trying to run away from Luhan. She felt scared seeing his now darkened face. Luhan grabbed her arms and took the knife. He managed to push Min Ah onto the ground as he walked away to the door. He was really angry.

He could hear Min Ah's cries but he didn't care anymore. Why she chose Kai? Why not him? 

He saw another photo of Kai and Min Ah together in a frame on the walls. Anger. That's the only thing left in his mind. 

How could you, Kim Min Ah? I love you for nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

Luhan fastened his pace but not until Min Ah touched his shoulder. He turned to her and he suddenly heard Min Ah's gasp. Luhan turned confused. Little did he knew, the knife was still in his hand...but it accidentally hit Min Ah's stomach. 

"W-Wait," he stuttered and Min Ah fell onto his arms. "M-Min Ah? Are you okay? Talk to me!" Luhan was shaking. Min Ah's lips turned blue and she was shivering too. 

"I'm sorry..." she slowly whispered.

Everything turned black. Everything went wrong. The moment when Min Ah left the world forever, Luhan will always remember, that the knife stabbed Min Ah, but he was the one that led the knife to her chest...almost accidentally.

 

 

---

 

Now


Eunmi brought a bottled water to the park. She sat at a bench and handed the bottle to the guy beside him.

"Here, take it," she said.

Luhan took it and thanked her. "Thanks."

Eunmi saw the big bag Luhan brought with him. "Are you moving out?" she asked. Luhan took a glimpse of it and nodded without saying anything. He watched the kids in front of him playing with baloons. He started thinking about the past. 

This was where Min Ah and I celebrated Valentines Day, he thought. Slowly, he let out a long sigh. 

He looked to his side and noticed that Eunmi was no longer sitting beside him. He looked around to see where she was but it was to no avail. He couldn't find her. He ignored it, calmly watching the kids. 

"Let bygones be bygones." He heard Eunmi whispered. He glanced to his side again and noticed Eunmi held a big balloon in her hands. She then let it go, leaving it flying to the sky along with the dried leaves of autumn. 

Luhan stared at her, thinking about what she just said. Eunmi innocently looked at him and asked, "What?"

Luhan shook his head. "Nothing," he shortly replied. Eunmi sat next to him again and sighed. "It's weird to see a guy crying on broad daylight."

Her statement made Luhan raised his eyebrows. "What? I'm not crying," he instantly led his hands to his face. He turned speechless. His cheeks were wet with tears. He didn't even notice it.

Eunmi smiled. "That's okay. You can cry all you want. You still have 40 minutes more before lunchtime."

Luhan felt embarassed and wiped off the tears of his face using the back of his hand. "What do you mean by that? Lunchtime?" asked Luhan in confusion.

Eunmi looked like a kid. She always sounded so innocent. "The best way to not feel sad anymore is by eating. Don't worry, I'll pay," she said.

She walked off the bench and rushed to the kids. She joined them and laughed together while playing with the remaining balloons. Luhan once again stared at her. He hadn't yet tell her about who Min Ah was but somehow Eunmi seemed to know it already. it's really not hard to guess. She knew Luhan did something wrong, she knew Luhan was feeling guilty for what he did and she knew Min Ah was someone familliar to her. Maybe, just maybe, that explained why Luhan had mistaken her for Min Ah. Though she didn't know anything, she wanted to help him. Why was that?

Becuase to Eunmi, Luhan was just like someone so familliar in her life, and that person was...

 

 

...Herself.

 

 

 

End of chapter two.

 

 

 

you-aholic / AnnJ_Teenfinite / faarahae / iluvyunhooppa bitszab / 

snowleopard987 / sandyxDD / Ricexpuff / INeedzaHug / TheGazettE5fan / 

AphoticAngel / skechers / LaFame / Nam_MinGi / 

nonescan07 aileen93 / Dreaams - Thanks for reading and subscribing, I am soooooo sorry for the long wait! T___T Keep reading, okay? *hugs*

linkinwoojung - updated :) Sehun is here but he has so little scenes :( don't worry, if you keep reading the story, you'll see a lot of Sehunnie next time :D Sad? I know :'( Thank you for commenting. 

seoulbeats - Jisook and Sehun are Min Ah, Luhan and Kai's friends. Don't you worry about it, I have explained it in this chapter :D I will reveal of why Luhan is really hurt and why Min Ah turned insane in the next coming chapters. Thank you for your comments! I love seeing them! Keep them coming :D Thanks for reading XDD

Pataco_95 - I'm so sorry for the long hiatus! Here is chapter two. Again, I am sorry :(

IamA13eliever - He did kill her, ACCIDENTALLY... No, it's not a car accident. No worries, if you keep reading, you'll understand the story! :D Thank you sooo much for commenting. :DD

Gagaga345 - He didn't actually do it on purpose, it was an accident. Why does she apologized? You'll know why, soon! XDD Thanks for commenting. 

MissFlamer - Thanks for commenting, dear flamer! Angelic- faced Luhan? Lols, he is so cute XDD Updated~~~

Chanminwoo_18 - You are such a good unnie, I really want to hug you :'] Thank you for your support. Yes, this is a sad story. But it'll be a happy one, soon! Thanks for reading!

Lilmisschique - Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! Updated~~~ :] If you don't understand the story, don't worry, there are still a few more chapters to come and you'll know the real story soon enough :DD Good things will come to those who wait!

 

Overall, I love you guys :D Till the next chapter comes, have a good day. Bye ;)